Kalidou Koulibaly

the wes

47 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Can someone tell me who has seen lots of him, is he actually worth these reported amounts?

There is NO defender, currently, worth such an amount. Thing is, we can't find a lesser option. Mustafi would cost his clause(50mil. euro), Lindelof is a bit raw, although I like him. So, Koulibaly is definitely worth the amount. Thing is, he will either be another Mangala, although I doubt it(Conte knows how to tutor defences) or he'll turn world class. He has these lapses of concentration, but for raw pace, intelligence and tackling, he is amazing. What I would agree is that he has 1 good season behind him, where he improved massively. He has always showed glimpses of potential, but Sarri's coaching made him turn into something else. Question is, can he keep it up, or better yet, imrpove even more. Looks like the second, but depends if England will suit him well. For that amount, I'd say yes. Anything more than 40 mil. is overpaying for a big enough risk , as it is.

I'd sooner go for Rugani or Romagnoli. I think the latter especially under Conte could become a top 5 defender. Failing that, Sven van Beek is like Bonucci on drugs.

Now I'm wondering how much Marquinhos would cost, he'd fit in well here too. We should be chasing players who fit our ideal style, not players who're simply available. Kalidou here is a lump who lumps the ball.

Or like others have said, just bring back Christensen. 

6 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I must have watched a different Koulibaly in the videos I've seen of him. The exact opposite of a "lump who lumps the ball." He's a physical and athletic monster and is extremely comfortable on the ball. Much better than anyone in our squad now. He'd instantly take our defense to the next level.

I really, really hope we can negotiate with Napoli this week and get this done. Don't even care what crazy price we pay. He's too important not to get. He's the dominant CB we need so let's hope we don't walk away and settle for a lesser player. He should be priority #1.

Just to add that, in those videos he also carries the ball really well. As I commented earlier, he looks to me like he could also be effective as a DM. Indeed, unless I'm misremembering, I think someone said that he has plyed DM at times. At the €60m reported last week, I'd start to loose interest but at the €45m suggested this morning I'd have no hesitation. In comparison, Victor Lindelof looks very ordinary to me.

2 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Can someone tell me who has seen lots of him, is he actually worth these reported amounts?

Yes. In this market I would be happy for us to pay up to 50m pounds. We are desperate for another CB and he is amazing and available. Conte would also get the best out of him.

Batshuayi, Kante and Koulibaly would be an incredible window. Anything in addition to this would be a bonus.

1 hour ago, Leif said:

I'd sooner go for Rugani or Romagnoli. I think the latter especially under Conte could become a top 5 defender. Failing that, Sven van Beek is like Bonucci on drugs.

Now I'm wondering how much Marquinhos would cost, he'd fit in well here too. We should be chasing players who fit our ideal style, not players who're simply available. Kalidou here is a lump who lumps the ball.

Or like others have said, just bring back Christensen. 

I don't know dude... If we are gonna play 4-2-4 our CB's are going to have to be adept in high pressing and also possess great speed. To me, Kalidou is close to a  complete defender. He has pace, power, good technique, reads plays extremely well, knows when to press and wins the ball when he does go, in fact the only thing he can add to his game is goal scoring. As a pure defender its hard to think of better 25yr old then Kalidou. Now granted its only one season but the tools are there and you'd have to think Conte can get more out of him.

If we come out of this window with Koulibaly as our first choice left sided CB our spine will be solid. 

Courtois, Koulibaly, Kante, Hazard, Costa. Who in the prem would have a better one?

With the amount he goes forward we'd better have someone astute covering from behind. He's a battering ram who runs runs runs. Runs into people to disposes them, then keeps running forward before getting back in position. He looks fine, just wondering who'd partner him in theory. He dribbles a lot in his own box too. Very in his head sometimes.

Luiz? :P

15 hours ago, LondonsFinest said:

There is NO defender, currently, worth such an amount. Thing is, we can't find a lesser option. Mustafi would cost his clause(50mil. euro), Lindelof is a bit raw, although I like him. So, Koulibaly is definitely worth the amount. Thing is, he will either be another Mangala, although I doubt it(Conte knows how to tutor defences) or he'll turn world class. He has these lapses of concentration, but for raw pace, intelligence and tackling, he is amazing. What I would agree is that he has 1 good season behind him, where he improved massively. He has always showed glimpses of potential, but Sarri's coaching made him turn into something else. Question is, can he keep it up, or better yet, imrpove even more. Looks like the second, but depends if England will suit him well. For that amount, I'd say yes. Anything more than 40 mil. is overpaying for a big enough risk , as it is.

Haha...that always worries me a bit.

We have had (and still have) plenty of defenders like those.

4 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

Haha...that always worries me a bit.

We have had (and still have) plenty of defenders like those.

Every defender has them, in a different way. For example, losing his marker etc. What I'm saying is Koulibaly stays static for a second or two more as the other player receives the ball, no matter if behind him or not. He makes up for it in pace, but it does tend to happen sometimes. Still, he IS the best option in the current market. There is NO one else, who we can buy, that is available, that we can persuade, that is of his quality.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You