Kalidou Koulibaly

the wes

3 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Not just this, look what Higuain did to him for second goal. KK is overhyped and certainly overpriced. 

overpriced yes

over-hyped, naw

he has been a BEAST for years

but he turns 30 right after next season ends

so not worth the £100m plus the poison dwarf will demand

IF he was 23, 24, and at the level he is now, I would pay £125m plus for him

he and VVD are de Ligt are streets ahead of any other CBs on the planet at the moment

I have watched them all dozens of times, this is not some highlight reel bullshit talk

the true bullshit is Wikipedia STILL listing KK at 1.95m tall, when he is only around 1.87m, 1.88m tall

after those 3 CB's, who are impossible to buy (or not worth the price due to KK's age)

come the ones we need to grab at least one (I would would prefer two) of

(RM will never sell Raphaël Varane now, same for Bayern with Lucas Hernanadez and Shitty with Laporte)

José Giménez 

Marquinhos    

Milan Skriniar   

Alessio Romagnoli   

Ibrahima Konaté    

I don't care if they cost £140m to £170m or so for two of them (some pairs would not even be 140m I think)

Rudiger is near WC when fully fit, and 3 WC CB's, with great rotation (think Conte's Juve) are a ramrod

IF we do not get at least one of those I am going to go bonkers (there are a couple others I might accept, but those 5 are the best remotely available ones on the planet IMHO, and some will be insane hard pulls even at that)

wild card is Samuel Umtiti, but he looks a shell after his injury (hope he doesn't go the Zouma route, but it is not looking that great atm for me) I do not like that gamble

5 hours ago, Vesper said:

overpriced yes

over-hyped, naw

he and VVD are de Ligt are streets ahead of any other CBs on the planet at the moment

I have watched them all dozens of times, this is not some highlight reel bullshit talk

the true bullshit is Wikipedia STILL listing KK at 1.95m tall, when he is only around 1.87m, 1.88m tall

after those 3 CB's, who are impossible to buy (or not worth the price due to KK's age)

come the ones we need to grab at least one (I would would prefer two) of

(RM will never sell Raphaël Varane now, same for Bayern with Lucas Hernanadez and Shitty with Laporte)

José Giménez 

Marquinhos    

Milan Skriniar   

Alessio Romagnoli   

Ibrahima Konaté    

I don't care if they cost £140m to £170m or so for two of them (some pairs would not even be 140m I think)

Rudiger is near WC when fully fit, and 3 WC CB's, with great rotation (think Conte's Juve) are a ramrod

IF we do not get at least one of those I am going to go bonkers (there are a couple others I might accept, but those 5 are the best remotely available ones on the planet IMHO, and some will be insane hard pulls even at that)

wild card is Samuel Umtiti, but he looks a shell after his injury (hope he doesn't go the Zouma route, but it is not looking that great atm for me) I do not like that gamble

The question is how realistic are those transfers?

Romagnolli seems to be a very good defender. I am not so sure how he would handle the physicality of the PL, but he has potential. The problem is that he renewed his contract a year ago and he had offers from the PL that he rejected. This summer, Barcelona could not get him after they failed with the De Ligt transfer. I don´t see the transfer happening, especially with the player being happy at Milan.

Skriniar. Seems to be a good defender, but now with Conte, it will be pretty tough to get him because if Inter would sell him,Conte would kill the Inter board^^. I don´t see that happening and he probabyly likes how Inters developtment is going right now. They are getting better and better under Conte.

Marquinhos: He is not the tallest CB and he is not that strong. Andreas struggles sometime with strong strikers and I would not want another one that struggles with that problem

Ibrahima Konate: I only watcheda highlight video of him and he really impressed me. He has everything you need as a CB. I asked some Bundesliga experts of mine and they said that they rate himhighly and that he is developing every season.  I rhink we should go for him. A huge offer and Leipzig would let him go to Chelsea and we are no Bundesliga club, so that would be the best for both parties. Konate also would have here franch native in Kante and he is probably also a fan of Kante ( who is not a fan of Kante? :D) . I just hope that our Board knows this guy. After Emanelo left, I don´t know who our main scout is. Marina can´t be the one^^.

6 hours ago, Vesper said:

overpriced yes

over-hyped, naw

For the money Laurentiis want for him, i will want someone more well-rounded, like Van Dijk. Koulibaly is average in aerial duel when i watched him up against Real Madrid 3 seasons ago. Further stats to back up my claim :

https://i.imgur.com/vxGoBEF.png

https://i.imgur.com/Hweq9H7.png

Here when compare to Cahill. who almost always managed over 3 aerial per game, Koulibaly aerial duel certainly a big weakness in his games. Serie A players can be overrated as well, you can look at Rugani for reference - this guy could have cost us 45m or more thanks to Sarri obsession with signing players used to work with him :D

And if you compare him to Van Dijk, Koulibaly look pathetically average for his 120m price tag, so no :D

GMyigLA.png
48 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

The question is how realistic are those transfers?

Romagnolli seems to be a very good defender. I am not so sure how he would handle the physicality of the PL, but he has potential. The problem is that he renewed his contract a year ago and he had offers from the PL that he rejected. This summer, Barcelona could not get him after they failed with the De Ligt transfer. I don´t see the transfer happening, especially with the player being happy at Milan.

Skriniar. Seems to be a good defender, but now with Conte, it will be pretty tough to get him because if Inter would sell him,Conte would kill the Inter board^^. I don´t see that happening and he probabyly likes how Inters developtment is going right now. They are getting better and better under Conte.

Marquinhos: He is not the tallest CB and he is not that strong. Andreas struggles sometime with strong strikers and I would not want another one that struggles with that problem

Ibrahima Konate: I only watcheda highlight video of him and he really impressed me. He has everything you need as a CB. I asked some Bundesliga experts of mine and they said that they rate himhighly and that he is developing every season.  I rhink we should go for him. A huge offer and Leipzig would let him go to Chelsea and we are no Bundesliga club, so that would be the best for both parties. Konate also would have here franch native in Kante and he is probably also a fan of Kante ( who is not a fan of Kante? :D) . I just hope that our Board knows this guy. After Emanelo left, I don´t know who our main scout is. Marina can´t be the one^^.

Out of all those target you suggest, why dont include Niklas Sule as well, perhap if Bayern still want CHO badly enough, we can try a CHO + money deal. Conte wanted him 2 years ago and we already willing to paid more than what Bayern offered for him. That guy is build like a tank, tall, strong and still quite fast, already experienced at the highest level. I would say if we break the bank for a defender then i would pick him over these 5 you mentioned above

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You