The Conte Thread

2 minutes ago, RuudiGullit said:

What's the point of discussion topic's when you get these replies?? emoji23.png

SORRY MATE FOR SHARING MY OPINION! YOU DON'T NEED TO REPLY BUT PLEASE FORGIVE ME!

I can see from your comments that u are frustrated with lack of transfers and can't argue with that, every Chelsea fan is. But u need to relax and stop posting in every thread same thing. If u are whining constantly that will not change one damn thing and u know that. Sorry mate but u are becoming annoying wih comments like this, so just relax and wait until deadline day like half of this forum will probably do and see what will happen.

21 minutes ago, RuudiGullit said:

I'm going to say something really bold. I'm good at that as many know. Most people here have pressed the ignore button on me, but I won't be silenced.

I think that Antonio Conte is NOT the right man for this job. I wasn't impressed by our playings in the preseason nor am I impressed at last 2 matches where we Scraped past WHU and Watford.

And also, the transferwindow gives us a clear look to see where a manager stands.

And Conte is doing a Klopp: giving these deadwood players who failed miserably under Mourinho and Hiddink a second change we all know they do not deserve.

Why is Oscar still at the club? Pedro, Matic who could have been sold to Juventus so we could go after Matuidi who know goes to Juve,

Look what Guardiola is doing at City. That guy has some balls dropping Joe Hart. Also wants to get rid of Yaya Touré etc you name 'em.

Conte is still working with the José squad who ended 10th. TENTH people. When he came in, I saw all these fancy pictures of him on Twitter saying: "The Conte revolution has started"

It's an evolution in my book, and it's an evolution that doesn't get us to compete for the Premier League title. People saying: "Nah not important we should go for top 4"

Get. Lost. No midweek European games are a damn luxury for a team like us. We only have to focus on the title. Not happening with these players.

Tldr: bit underwhelmed with Antonio Conte. He isn't giving the club the change it needs.

Not sure what you expect to see. He is working with the squad that was given to him, and he is managing to get wins. Yes, they were not 3-0 or 4-0, but those victories would have not happened last season.

As you said, we are working with the squad that finished 10th, but you can't be serious if you really think that we should be going for the title like last season never happened. Of course we want to win the league, every one does, but we have to keep our feet on the ground. We, as any other team, has a chance to win it, but going for the top 4 is a step in the right direction after the disaster that was last season.

As much as some people would love to get rid of a lot of players, that ain't happening.

That's my opinion at least.

Also, on the "I will not be silenced" part, not sure why you felt the need to put that. If someone ignores your posts, let them be. I for one like the fact that posts like this are made, as it creates discussion on the thread. 

Edit: Is this the first time you post this? I feel I've seen something like this elsewhere on the forum.

I can see from your comments that u are frustrated with lack of transfers and can't argue with that, every Chelsea fan is. But u need to relax and stop posting in every thread same thing. If u are whining constantly that will not change one damn thing and u know that. Sorry mate but u are becoming annoying wih comments like this, so just relax and wait until deadline day like half of this forum will probably do and see what will happen.

Sorry mate. I really don't want to sound annoying or something. I'm not frustrated just a bit critical on the current situation at the club. I believe the club needs to give something back to the fans because of last disastrous season.

1 hour ago, RuudiGullit said:

I'm going to say something really bold. I'm good at that as many know. Most people here have pressed the ignore button on me, but I won't be silenced.

I think that Antonio Conte is NOT the right man for this job. I wasn't impressed by our playings in the preseason nor am I impressed at last 2 matches where we Scraped past WHU and Watford.

And also, the transferwindow gives us a clear look to see where a manager stands.

And Conte is doing a Klopp: giving these deadwood players who failed miserably under Mourinho and Hiddink a second change we all know they do not deserve.

Why is Oscar still at the club? Pedro, Matic who could have been sold to Juventus so we could go after Matuidi who know goes to Juve,

Look what Guardiola is doing at City. That guy has some balls dropping Joe Hart. Also wants to get rid of Yaya Touré etc you name 'em.

Conte is still working with the José squad who ended 10th. TENTH people. When he came in, I saw all these fancy pictures of him on Twitter saying: "The Conte revolution has started"

It's an evolution in my book, and it's an evolution that doesn't get us to compete for the Premier League title. People saying: "Nah not important we should go for top 4"

Get. Lost. No midweek European games are a damn luxury for a team like us. We only have to focus on the title. Not happening with these players.

Tldr: bit underwhelmed with Antonio Conte. He isn't giving the club the change it needs.

No one knows what Conte is about. The talk about Conte being the right man ir baseless. Untill know all people are saying about him is he can produce powerful speechs for his players and he makes some wild celebrations in the sidelines. To other side, saying he is not the right man is also weird. He might be the right man. 

At this point I'm more concerned about the lack of quality of our defenders. Conte wont make any miracle as long as our back four are shit as the current one.

No one knows what Conte is about. The talk about Conte being the right man ir baseless. Untill know all people are saying about him is he can produce powerful speechs for his players and he makes some wild celebrations in the sidelines. To other side, saying he is not the right man is also weird. He might be the right man. 

At this point I'm more concerned about the lack of quality of our defenders. Conte wont make any miracle as long as our back four are shit as the current one.

I know I know I cannot rate him just yet. But if he was a bit more like Guardiola, IMO, pointing dead wood players like Mangala, Bony and Touré and in our case Iva, Oscar, Matic etc to the exit door he would make a much better impression that he wants to turn things around drastically. Now, he is like Jurgen Klopp giving these lads a second chance they do not deserve in my opinion.

So you are assuming it's Conte's decision to stick with the same back-line? We've been linked to many Serie A defenders: Bonucci, Rudiger, Maksimovic, Koulibaly, Romagnoli. It's clear that Conte fancies a CB and other than to give the board a list of players he can't do anything else. To blame Conte for our lack of CB signings is very illogical on your behalf.

Oscar has been given a new role by Conte and has done a better job than expected so far. He had a terrific game versus West Ham and was decent against Watford. And as for other managers 'having balls', let's not forget Conte has benched Fabregas in our first two league games because he doesn't suit his high pressing game. Jose and Guss never 'had the balls' to do it even in big games. Also, subbing off Hazard against West Ham when we needed a goal was something we would have not seen if Mourinho or Hiddink were manager. 

This is absolute nonsense and clearly shows you either haven't been paying attention to the way we played last season or you've simply forgotten about them. Last season under Mourinho we struggled to score a single goal from open play. I'm always surprised when people don't remember this. Most of our goals came from set pieces and individual mistakes from opposition players. All of this came down to the fact that Mourinho didn't practice attacking combinations and cohesion in training. Our attacking players were sent out to 'do their own thing' and often looked lost when it came to the final third. Under Mourinho, the team couldn't hold on to the ball for long periods of time, our press resistance was zero and we lacked any sort of pressing ability as a unit. 

Under Conte however, we look far more organized going forward. The players have a clear idea of what do in regards of movement and creating goal scoring opportunities. Even when we need a goal and play two up top, we still maintain that sense of cohesion as Conte has actually trained the team to use this formation.

Our press resistance looks far more impressive out from the back even though we still have CBs who do not possess very good ball-playing abilities. Gone are the days where I would shit my pants if we had a throw-in because I know we would immediately lose the ball. 

As for us applying pressure ourselves, this seems to be the most improved aspect of our game. We limited West Ham to almost zero opportunities the entire game because of how good we were at holding them back in their own half. Finally we are pressing as a unit and not as individual players.

I think you're letting your frustration cloud your judgement of what is going on the pitch. I am with you in regards to us needing a proper CB who also possesses ball playing abilities. I think this kind of player would immediately take us to a new level. For now we shouldn't be blind to the liabilities we have at the back but at the same time we shouldn't ignore the positives from the start of the Conte era. I think we can all agree Conte knows what the problems are and we can't blame him for the board's incompetence. 

This is absolute nonsense and clearly shows you either haven't been paying attention to the way we played last season or you've simply forgotten about them. Last season under Mourinho we struggled to score a single goal from open play. I'm always surprised when people don't remember this. Most of our goals came from set pieces and individual mistakes from opposition players. All of this came down to the fact that Mourinho didn't practice attacking combinations and cohesion in training. Our attacking players were sent out to 'do their own thing' and often looked lost when it came to the final third. Under Mourinho, the team couldn't hold on to the ball for long periods of time, our press resistance was zero and we lacked any sort of pressing ability as a unit. 

Under Conte however, we look far more organized going forward. The players have a clear idea of what do in regards of movement and creating goal scoring opportunities. Even when we need a goal and play two up top, we still maintain that sense of cohesion as Conte has actually trained the team to use this formation.

Our press resistance looks far more impressive out from the back even though we still have CBs who do not possess very good ball-playing abilities. Gone are the days where I would shit my pants if we had a throw-in because I know we would immediately lose the ball. 

As for us applying pressure ourselves, this seems to be the most improved aspect of our game. We limited West Ham to almost zero opportunities the entire game because of how good we were at holding them back in their own half. Finally we are pressing as a unit and not as individual players.

I think you're letting your frustration cloud your judgement of what is going on the pitch. I am with you in regards to us needing a proper CB who also possesses ball playing abilities. I think this kind of player would immediately take us to a new level. For now we shouldn't be blind to the liabilities we have at the back but at the same time we shouldn't ignore the positives from the start of the Conte era. I think we can all agree Conte knows what the problems are and we can't blame him for the board's incompetence. 

Your last sentence is the only thing I read. Don't take that wrong please.

You are absolutely right. I have been ranting about this in the Koulibaly thread, the board unable to give Conte the targets he needs.

The one thing I said was that the board might be his undoing NOT the players.

Watched 2 last games and, sorry, still don't see why Oscar hasn't been sold yet. Creates absolutely nothing. If he did improve much, people wouldn't be crying for James on here.

So wait, you think Conte is the wrong man for the job based on two game's were his quick thinking and subs turned one point Into six? Were in one game his tactics limited a team that finished above us last season to one half chance which unfortunately they scored from.

I don't even know why I'm replying to such an obvious troll but hey ho.

If/when we sign a CB, he'll be over the moon... So tiring.

He writes an entire essay and expects people to read it, yet only reads the last sentence of Hybrid Angel's shorter post... Why even bother?

1 hour ago, obiwan92 said:

If/when we sign a CB, he'll be over the moon... So tiring.

He writes an entire essay and expects people to read it, yet only reads the last sentence of Hybrid Angel's shorter post... Why even bother?

Obvious troll like i said, the only thing i can say is at least he wasn't daft enough to name himself after an ex Man.Utd player like a certain other troll poster.

4 minutes ago, Vybz Kartel said:

He will be sacked come February because of someone else's mistakes 

No he won't be sacked.

But if he was planning on playing any attacking football then he'll have to scrap it this season because we can't play a high line with this back four. Attacking football with the slowest back four among top teams is impossible, AVB tried it and failed, RDM tried with mazacar and we eventually got exposed once people started getting in behind our tortoise defense, Mourinho tried in his second season and when our attackers lost small form we got destroyed by Spurs 5-3 and till this day we've been parking the bus or risk losing with any high line. 

So I expect Conte to eventually tweak his tactics as a tactical manager (at least he's not naive like wenger) when our defense ships too many goals for his liking, even if he does his favoured defensive 3-5-2, and we'll scrape top four with one goal margin victories. 

If we don't add any quick, ballplaying, tackling centerback this summer, I still expect us to finish in the top four but at the cost of much attacking football. Hopefully hazard shows up or even this will be a struggle. 

2 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

No he won't be sacked.

But if he was planning on playing any attacking football then he'll have to scrap it this season because we can't play a high line with this back four. Attacking football with the slowest back four among top teams is impossible, AVB tried it and failed, RDM tried with mazacar and we eventually got exposed once people started getting in behind our tortoise defense, Mourinho tried in his second season and when our attackers lost small form we got destroyed by Spurs 5-3 and till this day we've been parking the bus or risk losing with any high line. 

So I expect Conte to eventually tweak his tactics as a tactical manager (at least he's not naive like wenger) when our defense ships too many goals for his liking, even if he does his favoured defensive 3-5-2, and we'll scrape top four with one goal margin victories. 

If we don't add any quick, ballplaying, tackling centerback this summer, I still expect us to finish in the top four but at the cost of much attacking football. Hopefully hazard shows up or even this will be a struggle. 

You do know Ivanovic and Terry are a year older from last year right? No way in hell we finish top 4 with that backline 

4 minutes ago, Vybz Kartel said:

You do know Ivanovic and Terry are a year older from last year right? No way in hell we finish top 4 with that backline 

Think back to all the manager sacking's, apart from possibly Ranieri, not one was sacked while he looked like he was heading the club in the right direction, the main reason was they were taking us backwards. If Conte is at absolute worst about 6th but their is clear positive signs he is taking us in a good direction and that we will reap the rewards when more deadwood is replaced by more of his players (think Poch first season at Spurs) i will put my all my savings that he won't be sacked.

If he's one point of relegation, has our best ever squad unfit, overplays an already ageing squad to the point they stagnate, then yes maybe he will be sacked, but i can't see any of those things being a problem under Conte.

Also the protection and tactics were even more a problem than the defense last season, both of which has been fixed, we have only actually conceded three clear chances to opposition in the two league games, yes two of them ended in goals but last season we were conceding chances for fun.

8 minutes ago, Vybz Kartel said:

If hazard is on his game and Costa doesn't get banned too much, we'll still narrowly make it if Conte's astute enough. 

Leicester and Spurs are occupied in the Champions League, their squad will be stretched and they won't be lucky with injuries as they were last season so I don't think either will make top four. Manchester clubs will finish top two as it stands so our main contenders are Arsenal and Liverpool. 

Yeah I don't think the club should sack the manager this season. Doesn't make sense since they fail in getting the players in. 

They need to realize that because of their incompetents in the market we can't compete for the title we should hope at best for a 6th place. That would be an improvement from last season. Top 4 will be above the expected target. 

If they want to challenge then they need to do business and not mess around.