The Conte Thread

2 hours ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

He got it wrong with the selection. Wasn't as great, tactically speaking, as the first match.
He should have started Zaza, he likes to press and as seen in the second half the Swedish defence panics as soon as you press them.
He should have rested Candreva, at least in the second half, playing the winger/rb is one of the most taxing roles in his system, I really hope he will rest him against Ireland.
He should have started Motta from the get go, De Rossi has had a tendency to lay deeper, almost in the defence line, and as seen in the second half we need to play higher up the pitch.
But yes, great win we are through the group stage and forward we go.
Forza Azzurri!

By my maths unless Republic win vs Belgium, you will have top slot secured.

Given the average age of the squad and the key players on yellows I reckon Conte should rest the entire lineup vs Republic if top spot is secured.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

By my maths unless Republic win vs Belgium, you will have top slot secured.

Given the average age of the squad and the key players on yellows I reckon Conte should rest the entire lineup vs Republic if top spot is secured.

I'm hoping for a draw tomorrow then yes, top spot will be secured.
If Belgium wins there is still some chance for them to finish top. If they score at least 5 goals and win tomorrow and then against Sweden. Assuming we lose and don't score. 

2 hours ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

I'm hoping for a draw tomorrow then yes, top spot will be secured.
If Belgium wins there is still some chance for them to finish top. If they score at least 5 goals and win tomorrow and then against Sweden. Assuming we lose and don't score. 

Doesn't it go down to head to head? In that case you have secured top spot bar a Republic win.

I only say that because people have said Ukraine are out despite being only three points behind Northern Ireland, so I kind off assumed head to heads is what it's going on.

33 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Doesn't it go down to head to head? In that case you have secured top spot bar a Republic win.

I only say that because people have said Ukraine are out despite being only three points behind Northern Ireland, so I kind off assumed head to heads is what it's going on.

I think you are right. I'm still somehow stuck on the goal difference criteria.

Buffon: "Conte is a big coach and I’m convinced he will be an excellent one at Chelsea" #CFC (Mirror)

Buffon: "A Conte team is strong in defence and works constantly, day to day" #CFC (Mirror)

Buffon: "Conte is a coach with an idea that is very simple. For the players he makes it very clear." #CFC (Mirror)

Buffon: "Conte wants to play without risk in the defensive line and to exploit opportunities to score goals when they come" #CFC (Mirror)

What Chelsea can expect from Antonio Conte next season... and why it means they could have to sign three strikers this summer

By KIERAN GILL FOR MAILONLINE 

PUBLISHED: 16:02 EST, 18 June 2016 UPDATED: 16:06 EST, 18 June 2016

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3647696/What-Chelsea-expect-Antonio-Conte-season-means-sign-three-strikers-summer.html

FORMATIONS USED BY CONTE AT JUVENTUS

84 games – 3-5-2 formation

16 games – 4-3-3 formation

5 games – 4-2-3-1 formation

5 games – 4-4-2 formation

4 games – 3-5-1-1 formation

3 hours ago, xPetrCechx said:

143350.jpg

Jesus Christ. That would be worth watching just for the laughs.
Playing Fabregas in a 3-5-2 would be such a huge mistake. And no, the Pirlo comparison doesn't hold. Pirlo played there his whole life basically, he was a smart player and had positional awareness. Fabregas has only his passing , he would be a complete disaster.

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

Conte (and Italy) will face either Spain or Croatia (or Czech Republic, but unlikely) in the last 16. Hope they get knocked out by either one of them then.

Hope we upset everyone in the world of football once again.

3 hours ago, The Chels said:

It'll be interesting to see whether Conte is as adaptable as people say or whether he is fixated to / will force the 3-5-2 formation upon us.

The Italian media disagree with the English media 

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/serie-a-showcase/conte-2/

17 hours ago, xPetrCechx said:

143350.jpg

If I see Cahill in a 3-man defense, I'm going to cry. And Azpi as a left wingback? He's already too defensive for a LB!

If Conte goes with this (which he won't) it would be best if we just sack him after the first match of the season... 

Chelsea fans excited for Antonio Conte
Many pundits have argued in recent weeks that the best coach at Euro 2016 is Italy’s Antonio Conte.

This is very much a double edged sword for Chelsea supporters.

On the one hand, Conte’s two wins from two with what many believe to be the worst Italian squad in half a decade shows what could happen at Chelsea next season.

But, the longer Italy stay in Euro 2016, the longer Chelsea have to wait for Conte to start work at Stamford Bridge.

Ancelotti hails Conte
Ahead of Italy’s 1-0 win over Sweden on Friday, the BBC aired an interview with Conte where the incoming Chelsea boss showed off his fine command of the English language.

Also featured was former Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti who had plenty of praise for Conte, having managed the former midfielder.