The Conte Thread

Followers 3

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello, I am a Juventus italian fan and maybe I can help you to understand which kind of coach Conte is...(sorry for my english, I hope you will understand) When he arrived in Juventus, he fo

I think the fact that we stuck to our principles, pressing them high up the pitch in spurts throughout the game and more importantly, passing out from the back, even with a few mistakes (note - it goe

Posted Images

So Conte is treating the game as a serious match despite the group already being won.

Im guessing Buffon hasn't asked about the bonuses this time :lol:

10 minutes ago, Tomo said:

So Conte is treating the game as a serious match despite the group already being won.

Im guessing Buffon hasn't asked about the bonuses this time :lol:

Where did you read that? In Italy it's since saturday they're banging on about 9 changes in the first XI.
This one is the most agreed upon:  Sirigu; Barzagli, Ogbonna, Darmian; De Sciglio, Florenzi, Thiago Motta, Sturaro, El Shaarawi, Immobile, Zaza 

He will come to London after 1/8 or he will win the tournament. Spain and Italy were 2 best teams in group stages and now they facing each other

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Can't believe Conte lost to Ireland, of all teams. Useless manager!

This kind of comment would have been fun in presence of an actual meltdown.
But thus far, bar one, maybe two posts, reactions and expectations have been kept realistic and at bay. :)

• Like 1
This kind of comment would have been fun in presence of an actual meltdown.

But thus far, bar one, maybe two posts, reactions and expectations have been kept realistic and at bay. [emoji4]

Rightly so. It was a nothing game for them.

6 hours ago, lucio said:

needs to start insigne next game. can't keeping messing around with giachereni

He plays Insigne where Giaccherini plays and we'll automatically lose the game.
Maybe Insigne in place of Eder.

Just now, cfcs most wanted said:

Spain send Italy flying out please!! Would be great if he returns early to manage our team:D:D

Manage who? They'll start working after the Euro anyway. And as i've mentioned elsewhere, he's going to be sacked come the end of the season or around december. Let him enjoy some international success before becoming miserable and loose al of his hair once again.

Funnily enough, there's a minority in Italy complaining about the way we play, how it's not "entertaining." :lol: Something comparable to what was happening here when José was still where he should rightly be.
They are also complaining about his comments from last night and how "He blamed the pitch" for the loss; how he "never admits" defeat.
Others, people who should wash their mouths and never be allowed to wear an Italy national team kit, are already waving a white flag and declaring defeat against Spain, their argument being "even if we beat Spain there's Germany. Better come home sooner." Shameful landspace some of these Italy "fans" are.

13 minutes ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

Manage who? They'll start working after the Euro anyway. And as i've mentioned elsewhere, he's going to be sacked come the end of the season or around december. Let him enjoy some international success before becoming miserable and loose al of his hair once again.

Funnily enough, there's a minority in Italy complaining about the way we play, how it's not "entertaining." :lol: Something comparable to what was happening here when José was still where he should rightly be.
They are also complaining about his comments from last night and how "He blamed the pitch" for the loss; how he "never admits" defeat.
Others, people who should wash their mouths and never be allowed to wear an Italy national team kit, are already waving a white flag and declaring defeat against Spain, their argument being "even if we beat Spain there's Germany. Better come home sooner." Shameful landspace some of these Italy "fans" are.

He’s not going to get sack December or end of the season.

You guys are over exaggerating here.

Mourinho has set the standard; as long as no manager is doing as bad as he did this season then he will be good.

• Like 2

Antonio Conte is reportedly eager to make his first mark in the Blues, as he looks to lure a new goalkeeping coach from Italy’s national side with him to Chelsea, the Mirror claims.

According to recent news, Chelsea’s current goalkeeping coach Christophe Lollichon is closing on to an exit following his uneasy relationship with Belgian keeper Thibaut Courtois.

Lollichon’s exit is not certain yet, as the head of the club would like him to stay after serving the West London club for nine years.

However, Conte is hoping to be able to bring the Azzurri’s goalkeeping coach Gianluca Spinelli with him to Stamford Bridge, which would almost definitely force Lollichon to find another club.

The following change in the staff would raise the chance of Courtois staying in the club as he is still being monitored by Spanish giants Real Madrid.

21 minutes ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

Drama queen. As long as Conte doesn't bring us 1 point from relegation and leaves our medical staff alone he should be fine.

Get over it. Mourinho was rightly sacked. 1 point from relegation after 16 games.

Conte's football might not be the most entertaining there is but it's lightyears ahead of the shit on a stick football we got served, by Mourinho, for most of his time here.

• Like 4
13 minutes ago, Belgiannutt said:

Drama queen. As long as Conte doesn't bring us 1 point from relegation and leaves our medical staff alone he should be fine.

Get over it. Mourinho was rightly sacked. 1 point from relegation after 16 games.

Conte's football might not be the most entertaining there is but it's lightyears ahead of the shit on a stick football we got served, by Mourinho, for most of his time here.

Rightly, wrongly? That has been discussed at length and I won't change my mind about it. Not sure about others, as they seem to change their minds depending from which direction the wind blows.

Funny, because that latter part of your post is the same kind of poison that's been puked over these last few days about Conte's Italy. No doubt I've to be prepared to read the same cookie cutter posts over and over for yet another season, should we fail to bring in our targets. Because I assure, without reinforcements, Conte will make this team play the same kind of football as José did.
And what will happen when Hazard & co will get tired of Conte's, very similar to José's, methods? History is our teacher.

• Like 1