The Conte Thread

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

The happiest he has looked since May!

By the way, has anyone noticed he has stopped moaning about lack of signings/squad depth in the last week or two?

I think Hazard and Bakayoko returning and being nearly ready have eased his mind a bit. Or he's just accepted that it's very unlikely more quality is coming in and has come to grips with it.

Jesus, Conte has been a disaster in terms of his relation with the press. 100% amateur. First it was the stupid SMS sent to Costa. Then his talk about wanting more players. Then he praised Matic right after the serbian was sold. Now his nonsense talk that he needs fucking 4 YEARS to rebuild the team!!

Right now the papers are full of news about Mourinho saying cant complaint about losing Matic when he has Bakayoko, and reporting his 4 years talk as some silly stuff. Even United is not giving 4 years for their manager anymore. Only a fool will believe Conte can get 4 years at Chelsea to rebuild things. 

Looking at the next games and at the football played against Burnley I think Conte should be more concerned about gettiing more 4 months than 4 years.

It seems the press is exploiting his volatille persona to make him come up with this kind of thing, then create those negative headlines. 

Weeks after the team won the league there were rumors coming from Italy that he wasnt happy and wanted to leave. He never dismissed those claims in a convincing way. Instead he is aaking for more players and is trying to picture himself as the man who always says what he is feeling...Great.

Even before the game against Burnley the team was in crisis. Its weird. The team was in crisis before playing a single oficial game, and the "crisis" was all around Conte (Costa and demands for more players).

Great in terms of tactics, awfull as leader.

1 hour ago, Henrique said:

Jesus, Conte has been a disaster in terms of his relation with the press. 100% amateur. First it was the stupid SMS sent to Costa. Then his talk about wanting more players. Then he praised Matic right after the serbian was sold. Now his nonsense talk that he needs fucking 4 YEARS to rebuild the team!!

Right now the papers are full of news about Mourinho saying cant complaint about losing Matic when he has Bakayoko, and reporting his 4 years talk as some silly stuff. Even United is not giving 4 years for their manager anymore. Only a fool will believe Conte can get 4 years at Chelsea to rebuild things. 

Looking at the next games and at the football played against Burnley I think Conte should be more concerned about gettiing more 4 months than 4 years.

It seems the press is exploiting his volatille persona to make him come up with this kind of thing, then create those negative headlines. 

Weeks after the team won the league there were rumors coming from Italy that he wasnt happy and wanted to leave. He never dismissed those claims in a convincing way. Instead he is aaking for more players and is trying to picture himself as the man who always says what he is feeling...Great.

Even before the game against Burnley the team was in crisis. Its weird. The team was in crisis before playing a single oficial game, and the "crisis" was all around Conte (Costa and demands for more players).

He's been in Italy for his entire career, can't blame him if he's unhappy with the change of scenery in England.  

Plenty of managers/players have come to England and they simply fail to settle down. 

As for tactics/leadership, I think it's the opposite with Conte.  He's good at getting 110% out of decent to average level players (Giacherini, Matri, Padoin, Moses) but in terms of tactics, he's never been that flexible during his stints with Juventus and/or the Italian national team.

If we don't get any real reinforcements in this season, watch Conte get tactically beaten in the Premier League and the Champions League. 

3 hours ago, Henrique said:

see you in may 

8 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

He's been in Italy for his entire career, can't blame him if he's unhappy with the change of scenery in England.  

Plenty of managers/players have come to England and they simply fail to settle down. 

As for tactics/leadership, I think it's the opposite with Conte.  He's good at getting 110% out of decent to average level players (Giacherini, Matri, Padoin, Moses) but in terms of tactics, he's never been that flexible during his stints with Juventus and/or the Italian national team.

If we don't get any real reinforcements in this season, watch Conte get tactically beaten in the Premier League and the Champions League. 

In my original post I was going to say he was a great 3CB coach, since I share your concerns that he is an one trick manager. When I said about being a leader wasn't the same as getting the best out of your players. I mean, a great leader is the one who stay calm when things don't look good. Conte is doing the opposite, I think its crazy that before the PL even started a team that just won the league is full of bad vibes, and its all down to coach. He was the one that created the Costa situation, he was the one that was moaning in the press for more players, he was the one that was moaning about Matic leaving.

Its always good to see how someone will react when things are not great. Mourinho was great when things were okay. When things were ugly his behavior were only making things worst, just like in 2007 he was asking for more players in press conferences, and in 2015 with his infamous post Southampton defeat rant and talk about being betrayed. 

7 minutes ago, Rapkun said:

He seemed to be in a good mood in the last press conference, and his words were really positive in his latest interview. Signings incoming?

Can't wait to buy my Drinkwater shirt. That way it will have a double meaning each time I go on street.