The Conte Thread

2 minutes ago, manpe said:

:lol::lol: whatever floats your boat mate.

We've got one of the best young players in Europe (coming off two solid years in Germany). He is the prototype of a modern defender and would cost 40m in today's market.

But he won't get a look in because of Captain Cahill and Antonio 'young players must suffer until they're 29 before I give them a chance' Conte.

2 minutes ago, Styles said:

We've got one of the best young players in Europe (coming off two solid years in Germany). He is the prototype of a modern defender and would cost 40m in today's market.

But he won't get a look in because of Captain Cahill and Antonio 'young players must suffer until they're 29 before I give them a chance' Conte.

I'm glad you consider an overhyped player who has done nothing for us more important than the man who guided us to a title with a squad that shouldn't have even made top 4. Christensen truly is bigger than the club with the number of amazing performances he has put up for us and the trophies he has helped us win.

Just now, manpe said:

He had no other better choices.

Exactly. Conte wanted Danilo but we've become so awful at transfers apparently that Danilo will rather join City and be a back up to Walker than join us. 

4 minutes ago, manpe said:

I'm glad you consider an overhyped player who has done nothing for us more important than the man who guided us to a title with a squad that shouldn't have even made top 4. Christensen truly is bigger than the club with the number of amazing performances he has put up for us and the trophies he has helped us win.

Don't let a league title stop you from striving for greatness.

7 minutes ago, Supermonkey92 said:

I'm torn about giving any manager full control of transfers. They are tricky and important decisions. I don't think Conte's decision making regarding player's is his strength either. As a coach he is one of the best in the world. He can stamp an organised and efficient style of any team. 

But a man that thinks Moses and Cahill are fine first teamers gets me worried. The man is ruthless, he dropped Terry and Ivanovic  (rightly!) Like it was nothing. So i assume he thinks they are good enough. That shocks me. 

Add Morata, who I think will struggle, and I can understand the board overseeing somewhat the direction of the squad. 

On the other hand, the board themselves seem to have gone to shit to. When we had De Bruyne, Lukaku and others coming in they made great decisions. That has reversed over the past few years.  

Exactly what i was thinking...I do not think Conte is good in transfer market and i feel he should not get full control over transfers..We clearly need upgrades on Moses Alonso and Cahill....They are not trying to improve first team quality...The Board has gone downhill in signings ..Gifting our players to rivals does us no good..If we are trying to sign players like drinkwater then god help us

2 minutes ago, FabHazard said:

Exactly what i was thinking...I do not think Conte is good in transfer market and i feel he should not get full control over transfers..We clearly need upgrades on Moses Alonso and Cahill....They are not trying to improve first team quality...The Board has gone downhill in signings ..Gifting our players to rivals does us no good..If we are trying to sign players like drinkwater then god help us

Why are we sure that these are all Conte's signings, our board has always held the say in buying/selling players.  I mean what kind of a club would sell a player to immediate rivals?

19 minutes ago, manpe said:

He had no other better choices.

He has now, at least for Cahill. I'm talking as of this summer. 

Alonso seems more surplus than Moses which is crazy. In fact, Conte is happy to play Moses on either side. If it was just a case of waiting for more options we would have by now. 

Sill believe in Conte. You know things aren't good when you dont get the manager players to play in the pre-season. We have been selling players without getting any new signing how deluded are we? 

Just because we managed to keep players fit last season doesn't mean that we will be able to do so again( also coupled with the fact that we had only PL to focus on)

Does board not see that we are now in the CL and we need squad depth if we want to get anywhere near reaching even semi's of CL.

I feel sad for Conte, he will be sacked for no fault of his. Our club is a joke, big joke. We couldn't handle the eva matter, now this season Costa. I can't believe why these kind of things happens to us. Few years back United were in a similar situation with Rooney and they handled the situation so very well. 

Difficult times but we need to still keep faith in our players, club and Conte.

What pisses me off is that we had quality youngsters that our club sold. had we just retained them we wouldn't be this mess where we are finding it hard to get players. 
I dont know if the Costa situation is preventing or hindering our ability to get good players in.

7 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

What a sad post. Of course it's the manager's fault as usual. It has nothing to do with Granovskaia and Emenalo, two unqualified oafs who are currently failing at their jobs. At least Conte is qualified for his job. What is Granovskaia's experience in football before being handed a crucial role in Chelsea FC PLC by Abramovich? Right, NOTHING. 

Granovskia or whatever her name is did not make Cahill captain. She probably never heard of Alonso before Conte demanded they pay 25m for him. I'm not defending her but to absolve Conte of ANY blame is laughable.

Emenalo is highly qualified. He has played at a high level and has years of experience in football. He is behind some of our best transfers but unfortunately for him a succession of Chelsea managers have been wankers with zero interest in the club's long term prospects.

Nobody is forcing Conte to play Cahill.