The Conte Thread

1 minute ago, Special Juan said:

Conte is not the problem, backing him and transfers coming in are.

Exactly. Conte will have had a list of at least a few players in each position of need in the boards hands for a couple of months now. Absolutely no excuses for them not to have brought in a couple of wing backs and we should've had a new CM in BEFORE we even sold Matic.

We just witnessed PSG within a couple of days spend £200m on a single player even as Barca were saying no. Chelsea, a club which is much bigger than PSG Penny pinches in a summer where we should have more money on hand than ever.

If I'm Conte, I tell the board that if 3-4 more signings aren't made by the end of this window I'm walking at the first chance I get next summer.

If 4-5 players of genuine quality that Conte can trust aren't attained by August 31st, that will be the end of our season. 

Was listening to Michael Caley on his pod the other day, and he made an astute point that if those bodies aren't brought in, many of our players will hit a physcial wall due to a serious accumulation of minutes around January. 

Cahill/Luiz (who was playing injured since Dec.)/Kante/Azpi/Pedro/Hazard/and especially the wingbacks Alonso/Moses. 

You'd think the club would be aware of this, but after 2015/16 you can't rule anything out with this club. 

Edit: I just started a new Football Manager save with the updated current squad and look at this squad report i received.

:lol::lol:

IMG_2730.JPG

You know we will not sign 7+ players in very short time, especially after we won the PL. Today is a perfect example, to show what our squad still lacking at the moment. Hopefully it is blessing in disguise, and we will finish some deals more quickly now.

It makes a massive difference when somebody who shouldn't even be in the starting 11 is made captain - solidifying his role in the team. That's unforgiveable. I genuinely want Conte out sooner rather than later just so we don't lose Christensen.
It was somehow understandable that you could make a case against Mourinho in his third year, but it's getting ridiculous now that you want Conte out. TheSkipper said back then that you enjoyed it too much and here we have a deja vu, lol.

Have you seen Christensen? If you had you would know that -despite possessing talent the boy wasn't that good last season and in no way one could expect him to be a first teamer after a few weeks within the team.

Moreover there's some serious underrating of the likes of Cahill, Moses and Alonso going on here. Yes, there're obviously football wise better players out there, but they've been vital cogs in a well oiled machine.

What's not going well is breeding in more players to have better options.

But all you do is having a good moan and loving Eden Hazard, lol.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

If I was his family member , I could hope he leaves Chelsea tomorrow. He doesn't deserve that shit.

We are the family and the majority feel for him.

12 minutes ago, Essien19 said:

It was somehow understandable that you could make a case against Mourinho in his third year, but it's getting ridiculous now that you want Conte out. TheSkipper said back then that you enjoyed it too much and here we have a deja vu, lol.

Have you seen Christensen? If you had you would know that -despite possessing talent the boy wasn't that good last season and in no way one could expect him to be a first teamer after a few weeks within the team.

Moreover there's some serious underrating of the likes of Cahill, Moses and Alonso going on here. Yes, there're obviously football wise better players out there, but they've been vital cogs in a well oiled machine.

What's not going well is breeding in more players to have better options.

But all you do is having a good moan and loving Eden Hazard, lol.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

There's almost nothing like a good moan :Goober:

The usual meltdown after a loss. 

Too many knee jerk reaction people here. 

That being said you guys need to look at out bench once everyone is fit. 

With Hazard and Bakayoko in the team, Fabregas goes to the bench, Willian to the bench and Bats to the bench. 

That's 3 good players in the bench. 

Then CB if we keep the same we will have Rudgie, Andreas, that is a good bench. 

We just need wing backs, no good cover there. 

The reaction came well before this game, today was more of dotted I and a crossed T and that was well before the penalty shoot out loss.

Within that 90 minutes there was enough stand out points for people to notice the short coming in this team.