The Conte Thread

Followers 3

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello, I am a Juventus italian fan and maybe I can help you to understand which kind of coach Conte is...(sorry for my english, I hope you will understand) When he arrived in Juventus, he fo

I think the fact that we stuck to our principles, pressing them high up the pitch in spurts throughout the game and more importantly, passing out from the back, even with a few mistakes (note - it goe

Posted Images

PRE-SEASON MINUTES (383 in total)

Azpilicueta 330, Cahill 330, Kante 315, Fabregas306, Moses 306, Batshuayi 297, Willian 282, David Luiz 271, Alonso 252, Courtois 226, Boga 211, Morata 99, Tomori 96, Caballero 93, Christensen 82, Baker 79, Pasalic 77, Remy 77, Pedro 73, Kenedy 70, Clarke-Salter 68, Scott 68, Eduardo 64, Kalas 61, Rudiger 42, C Musonda 31, Cuevas 7.

16 hours ago, Styles said:

He'll be gone by December.

You'll eat another humble pie in December and come back later with other ridiculous statements.

On 9/24/2016 at 10:31 PM, Styles said:

To be honest, Conte is just another 'shit on a stick football' merchant with no fresh ideas so in that sense I'm not even angry the board fucked him over.

22 hours ago, Jason said:

Ironic of him to say the squad is small when he opted not to keep some of the younger players.

9 hours ago, Jason said:

Or perhaps Conte isn't really keen on using youth players. The comment from him about young players aren't patient enough is just weird to say the least.

You wrote here that Courtois was overrated and he was not learning. Do you think fans like you or the board has patience for young players?

Conte realistically speaks here. The squad quality and quantity does not match the ambitions.

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

You wrote here that Courtois was overrated and he was not learning. Do you think fans like you or the board has patience for young players?

Conte realistically speaks here. The squad quality and quantity does not match the ambitions.

Err, where did I say Courtois was overrated???

On 3/20/2016 at 0:23 AM, Jason said:

Starting to think he is overrated.

On 3/20/2016 at 7:18 AM, Jason said:

he has been making the same mistakes over and over and over again. Doesn't seem to be learning from it!

And of course this humble pie addict. 

On 3/19/2016 at 7:48 PM, Styles said:

This guy is just not a top goalkeeper. Every keeper would look world class hiding behind Atletico Madrid's defence and making the odd save every 5 games or so.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

And of course this humble pie addict.

Christ! How does saying "starting to think" equate to making an outright statement on the point? And if you had even bothered reading the other posts in Courtois' thread during that time, you would know the main wasn't even about him being overrated. :doh:

46 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Someone described Chelsea managers as golden donkeys. Yes you'll be extremely well paid but will have to toe the hierarchy line and will have little or zero influence on most club matters.

I wish I was a golden donkey instead of a tinpot twat.

6 hours ago, Jason said:

:doh:

You should do that every morning for thinking Courtois was overrated.:D

I remember the posts obviously. That's why I think many fans are fickle, mostly wrong, don't have the patience, yet expect Conte to give time to young players, which they don't know as well as him.

I remember those posts well enough to know that they will overreact and become the hardest critics of him and the young players after a few bad results.

Just listening to him, reading his words and all what is not happening with transfers, I'm starting to think there is a huge power struggle between him and the board. What he wants is not what the board want and vice versa.

If we start well it will be almost a two finger salute by him to the board, and the opposite if we start bad he will sacked.

This is my opinion, I'm seeing cracks.

Just listening to him, reading his words and all what is not happening with transfers, I'm starting to think there is a huge power struggle between him and the board. What he wants is not what the board want and vice versa.
If we start well it will be almost a two finger salute by him to the board, and the opposite if we start bad he will sacked.
This is my opinion, I'm seeing cracks.
If we start good, thats meen we dont need new players so the board is right, no?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Like 1
10 hours ago, 11Drogba said:

You'll eat another humble pie in December and come back later with other ridiculous statements.

Lmaooo, was that after the 3-0 Arsenal game?

He'll be gone by November, he'll be November. January, February, March, April, Maaaaay...

Now I do agree that board should not meddle in manager affairs and I don't like someone else buying players for the squad without the manager, but I also must defend the club and say that it is quite risky to give full transfer control to a manager who has been with the club for only 1 year, don't you think? Most of people mention Sir Alex for the transfer control, but he has spent quite a bit of time at United to be able to earn such a right. Wenger also has full transfer controll, look where it brought Arsenal in last 10 years? :D

• Like 1

I agree look what happened when Mourinho was giving too much power. 

Let it be like that till next season. 

See how he handles and not be a one season wonder.... 

That being said we are still gotten players he has been interested. Baka, Rudiger and morata. 

And second the only first squad player we sold was matic but he was replaced with Bakayoko. And morata for Costa.