The Conte Thread

1 minute ago, Jason said:

To be fair, that's a big issue for us too. The only big away game we seem to win more often than not is Arsenal. Otherwise we rarely win at Spurs, City, Liverpool and United.

Conte can't seem to crack Arsenal, even at The Bridge they had 3 serious chances plus there goal. Ancelotti, Jose, Hiddink and even Rafa had Wenger by the balls and knew how to stop Arsenal playing, i love the playing out of the back system we have but vs team's on the quality of Arsenal and above we need to scrap it, we did it at Anfield and Liverpool couldn't hurt us.

30 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Conte can't seem to crack Arsenal, even at The Bridge they had 3 serious chances plus there goal. Ancelotti, Jose, Hiddink and even Rafa had Wenger by the balls and knew how to stop Arsenal playing, i love the playing out of the back system we have but vs team's on the quality of Arsenal and above we need to scrap it, we did it at Anfield and Liverpool couldn't hurt us.

All the details away, we played with same formation and same 11 we did for most of this season and we usualy did very well. Not a single injury. 

If anyone, the players let him down big time. Such shit attitude from everyone, including regular guys like Azpi or Kante. There is not much Conte can do when Eden, Diego, Kante, etc play so poorly. Nevermind that brainfart from Moses. 

And if we need to adjust whole team to crack THAT Arsenal team, let Ramsey and Xhaka walk over us, then we need some serious improvements.

Conte did deserve some stick for few games, but yesterday the players simply didnt turn up. You could see it from sky. It had nothing to do from Conte motivations, they simply went on holidays last week and didnt return.

Edit: A while ago, I said this team could very well be overachieving this season. Double would kinda hide it, but now its clear for everyone we need improvements. If we dont get some serious investment this year, we never will. And bottom line, Conte is proven league winner guy, so we will likely be competitive there next season. About CL, either Conte will make it there too, or at the least he will create great team for whoever else replaces him eventualy, like he did at Juve. At least I hope that.

4 seasons is enough evidence in my eyes.

Conte consistently struggles in cup competitions and big (away) games (and so I certainly wouldn't have high hopes for the CL), but he is extremely good at flat-track bullying his way to the league title and that alone makes him a very useful asset, mind.

My only criticism about Conte (more like an observation) ... In the Arsenal game just like the United one, Conte didnt really have any answers on the pitch ... he normally is all expressive even when we are down but particularly in these games he just went into a zone like he has given up, he went quiet (not his usual self). If this down to lack of idea then he will need to raise his level because next season everyone will know how Chelsea plays and they will come up with good counter strategy. 

I might be wrong in my observation and hope he does a plan B/plan C already. Next season will be brutal and with lot of expectations. 

1 hour ago, coolhead23 said:

My only criticism about Conte (more like an observation) ... In the Arsenal game just like the United one, Conte didnt really have any answers on the pitch ... he normally is all expressive even when we are down but particularly in these games he just went into a zone like he has given up, he went quiet (not his usual self). If this down to lack of idea then he will need to raise his level because next season everyone will know how Chelsea plays and they will come up with good counter strategy. 

I might be wrong in my observation and hope he does a plan B/plan C already. Next season will be brutal and with lot of expectations. 

So what should he have done ? 

Play different formation ?? No

Press Arsenal against fast player like welbeck ?? No

Play Fabregas ? Against ozil and sanchez ? No

44 minutes ago, communicate said:

So what should he have done ? 

Play different formation ?? No

Press Arsenal against fast player like welbeck ?? No

Play Fabregas ? Against ozil and sanchez ? No

So nothing can be done at all ... is that what your saying ... So just sit and watch your team crumble!!! Seriously!!! 

As far as what could be done ... Well yes he could have tried a different formation (everyone knows how we play now), changing Hazard instead of Pedro would had been a better option, starting with Fabregas ... etc, etc 

All i m saying it is not a good sign where a top manager doesnt have an answer or a counter strategy (if that was the case) ... he will need to work on that (that be a scope for improvement) ... Next season will be tough and everyone would had micro-analysed us, so we will need to be push up our readiness level. 

56 minutes ago, coolhead23 said:

So nothing can be done at all ... is that what your saying ... So just sit and watch your team crumble!!! Seriously!!! 

As far as what could be done ... Well yes he could have tried a different formation (everyone knows how we play now), changing Hazard instead of Pedro would had been a better option, starting with Fabregas ... etc, etc 

All i m saying it is not a good sign where a top manager doesnt have an answer or a counter strategy (if that was the case) ... he will need to work on that (that be a scope for improvement) ... Next season will be tough and everyone would had micro-analysed us, so we will need to be push up our readiness level. 

Arsenal had no choice but to win that game. The difference in desire between the two teams was very apparent. Even if Fabregas started, I doubt we could have won. They were all over us. 

3 minutes ago, Polo7 said:

Arsenal had no choice but to win that game. The difference in desire between the two teams was very apparent. Even if Fabregas started, I doubt we could have won. They were all over us. 

Come on, Mate ... We had the double on the line which makes us equally motivated. All i saying, I hope we dont have such moments where we are clueless ... because next season will be even more tough for us. Whether Fabregas starting would had made a difference, maybe yes ... change in tactics works 

12 minutes ago, coolhead23 said:

Come on, Mate ... We had the double on the line which makes us equally motivated. All i saying, I hope we dont have such moments where we are clueless ... because next season will be even more tough for us. Whether Fabregas starting would had made a difference, maybe yes ... change in tactics works 

We was clueless a couple of times and Conte changed it the next games. 

Remember losing to Arsenal, United and such. 

So I don't have problem with this aspect. He is flexible as shown this season. 

The players heads were not in it, that was readily apparent. They were so hyper focused and stressed during the season that once we locked up the league players mentally and physically switch off and enjoy after such a long season. It is a shame we didn't win the FA cup and that ridiculous first goal the ref allowed really hurt us but NOBODY was interested in playing another meaningful game after WBA. Criticizing Contes approach is not fair, there is nothing a coach can do tactically if the players don't show up. Clearly the players were not motivated.

If he started the line up he did minus John Terry, I'm confident we will have won the game. The team was handicapped from the start. We aren't Madrid or Bayern with interchangeable players were you can afford to make 4 or 5 changes to the line-up or make errors with team selection and not pay for it. Conte made a mistake. Time to move on. 

3 hours ago, coolhead23 said:

Come on, Mate ... We had the double on the line which makes us equally motivated.

I would contest that thought. Don't mix up our, fans, motivation with the players'. We had achieved our objective, which was to vindicate last season and to ultimately win the league as the season progressed. Super motivation and desire was on display almost every game. They didn't have enough push for the FA Cup because they had already done what they aimed to do, with the cup being only a bonus. Stress levels dropped, they didn't have enough pressure to get that extra that would make the difference.

Arsenal, on the other, had a trainwreck of a season. Out of top 4 for the first time since who knows when, humiliated in CL, fans being unanimously vocal against the team and the club, Wenger in/out saga and so on. This was literally their last saving grace to show others that they aren't complete bottlers, their pride as professionals above all was at stake. And they played as such, against a team that didn't need this win.

On 5/27/2017 at 6:01 PM, xPetrCechx said:

You never know, everything can happen.

Conte Is Not A Cup (Domestic+CL) Games Manager. can't win the Italian cup + get to late CL stages, with juve. look what Allegri has done in the last 2-3 seasons there.

Loads of turnover there... Compare Conte's Juve to Allegri's and you'll see why Allegri has gone further

1 hour ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

If he started the line up he did minus John Terry, I'm confident we will have won the game. The team was handicapped from the start. We aren't Madrid or Bayern with interchangeable players were you can afford to make 4 or 5 changes to the line-up or make errors with team selection and not pay for it. Conte made a mistake. Time to move on. 

Did not made mistake. He picked the same line up that has been used through all the season.

Just that we switch of after winning the tittle.