The Mourinho Thread

Fully agree with this, he may cause controversies with other manager and pick fights, but he has always appreciated the people like Van Gaal and Robson who nurtured him, compare that to AVB who is obsessed with Guardiola (who he has no connection to) and takes sly digs at Jose at every available opportunity.

Exactly, those people respected him even though he was always so outspoken. They gave him the stepping stones to become who he is. It's hard to respect people how don't respect you; AVB doesn't respect what mou did for him so mou doesn't respect him anymore.

Jose got lucky yesterday, but that's what happens when you take risks. When we made the changes we gave Norwich a sniff and actually lost a fair amount of control that we had in the game but in that chaos we also created chances for ourself. That's why the supporters love this guy, because he has balls.

Rafa would've maintained the same system but made personnel changes whereas Jose is wiling to completely change the shape of the team and give the opposition something new to think about. It's risky but it's compelling and I'd take that over a 1-1 draw any day of the week.

I agree, but to be fair, Rafa didn't have the options Jose has. Hazard and Willian off the bench is not the same as Marin and Benayoun.

fsw could have picked Moses or someone else. He would decide to pick those two. :rolleyes:

Who was the someone else? Chelsea had no depth at all to make changes last year. I'm not defending Benitez, I don't think he did much of a job at Chelsea, just that very often what is considered managerial genius or ineptitude is simply a matter of bench depth and quality and I always find it funny when managers of big spending/massive depth teams get so much credit for changes that no other manager could make. The players Mourinho brought on as subs cost much more than the entire Norwich team. They were the right subs and it worked out well and another manager could have done worse, but there are only a few teams that have that kind of luxury and over the last couple of years, our managers have been severely hamstrung by a total lack of depth so you can't compare at all. If Rafa or RDM had Hazard and Willian on the bench, does anyone really think he would have brought on Marin? That's just being ridiculous.

Exactly, those people respected him even though he was always so outspoken. They gave him the stepping stones to become who he is. It's hard to respect people how don't respect you; AVB doesn't respect what mou did for him so mou doesn't respect him anymore.

Absolute bullshit. AVB has praised both Mourinho and Robson for what both done for him. Watch AVBs interview about Jose in the documentary about Jose, he says Jose done A LOT for him and that Jose is the best manager in the history of football or something. Just because AVB is Spurs boss and has had digs at Jose doesn't mean he doesn't appreciate what he gave him.

Absolute bullshit. AVB has praised both Mourinho and Robson for what both done for him. Watch AVBs interview about Jose in the documentary about Jose, he says Jose done A LOT for him and that Jose is the best manager in the history of football or something. Just because AVB is Spurs boss and has had digs at Jose doesn't mean he doesn't appreciate what he gave him.

Okay, fair enough, I have not seen that but judging from his recent comments it seems like he doesn't respect him at all.

Who was the someone else? Chelsea had no depth at all to make changes last year. I'm not defending Benitez, I don't think he did much of a job at Chelsea, just that very often what is considered managerial genius or ineptitude is simply a matter of bench depth and quality and I always find it funny when managers of big spending/massive depth teams get so much credit for changes that no other manager could make. The players Mourinho brought on as subs cost much more than the entire Norwich team. They were the right subs and it worked out well and another manager could have done worse, but there are only a few teams that have that kind of luxury and over the last couple of years, our managers have been severely hamstrung by a total lack of depth so you can't compare at all. If Rafa or RDM had Hazard and Willian on the bench, does anyone really think he would have brought on Marin? That's just being ridiculous.

Fair comment, however how many managers have the bollocks to take off a left back at a crucial stage knowing full well the decision will leave your defense exposed?

There is an element of luck in everything, but if we could get a good striker in January we would be unstoppable

Especially when you consider that our strikers have been messing up. See how demba ba missed 2-3 clear chances to score against norwich. We could have easily won with a more clinical striker which we just can't find

Especially when you consider that our strikers have been messing up. See how demba ba missed 2-3 clear chances to score against norwich. We could have easily won with a more clinical striker which we just can't find

I believe it's time for Jose to choose his number 1 and stick with him, while playing the other two for rotation sake only.

Our 3 forward's aren't the best, but the fact they are swapping with eachother isn't helping, the question is who should be the main man until atleast January?

Torres is a no no for me, he had his chance last season, yes he scored 20 goals but he nearly had 70 games, that is not a great ratio, at-all.

So it's between Ba and Eto'o, tough one, i would say Eto'o because i believe he is the best overall out of the 3, even tho he isn't scoring he isn't losing the ball that much and the difference technically between him and the other two is night and day.

We have one, but he is on loan for Everton

There is an element of luck in everything, but if we could get a good striker in January we would be unstoppable

Imagine Falcao or Cavani in our side now to give us that must needed clinical touch.

We'd have been running riots in the Premier League.

We have one, but he is on loan for Everton

Yes he's clinical, but his first touch and passing will ruin a lot of chances, i dont want him to be hated the way sturridge was (because he didnt pass) before he reaches his full potential. Thats why i support that loan to develop those two weaknesses then we wont need to buy a striker next season hopefully

I believe it's time for Jose to choose his number 1 and stick with him, while playing the other two for rotation sake only.

Our 3 forward's aren't the best, but the fact they are swapping with eachother isn't helping, the question is who should be the main man until atleast January?

Torres is a no no for me, he had his chance last season, yes he scored 20 goals but he nearly had 70 games, that is not a great ratio, at-all.

So it's between Ba and Eto'o, tough one, i would say Eto'o because i believe he is the best overall out of the 3, even tho he isn't scoring he isn't losing the ball that much and the difference technically between him and the other two is night and day.

Your right, I think torres is better among the three for now, just because eto hasn't gotten 100% match fit. And torres already has an understanding with our attacking midfielders.

Now torres is injured, eto has a chance to get a proper team understanding with the rest of the players. Like you said, he has a better ball control than the others.