The Mourinho Thread

The one funny thing about this whole 'Mourinho-Mata' argument is that people think Mata cannot improve on his defensive abilities. People talk as if he has a poor attitude and can no longer be helped on improving his weaknesses etc. And then suddenly you have people thinking we should sell him because of that when his strengths outnumber the weaknesses and those weaknesses can be worked on and turn it into a strength.

Can both of you understand that first of all: Changing your mind is not a bad thing, but that also in this instance I haven't even changed my mind on anything?

Changing your mind is not necessarily a bad thing, depending on the situation is a great sign of good character. However, changing it over and over again and not being consistent with your previous arguments and opinions is indeed a bad thing.

You are lucky I am not like Manpe and James, who search for previous post so everyone can see it, but in three iconic situations you kept changing your mind back and forth. The first was Oscar not being better than Coutinho, but now he has a higher celling than Juan Mata. The second was Mourinho coming or not, you have been certain he would come and then he wouldnt and in the end, he did. Adn the third was Falcao's admiration and quality or whatever, once you had an avatar of him and in the end he wasn't good enough for Chelsea...

Anyways, point made, agree or disagree with it. This is not the place to have this pitty argument, so PM me if you want to continue. However, if you want to discuss Jose Mourinho selling Mata (#10) and give arguments to back your opinion, then I will civilized discuss it.

I would trust Mourinho to do what is right by the club. After all, this is the man who dropped what was a massive fan favourite and arguably best goalkeeper in the Premiership prior to his first stint in Cudicini for a young, inexperienced goalkeeper in Cech. This is also the man that at Inter sold their one real world class attacking player in Ibrahimovic and rebuilt the side into a far better and more effective unit that won the treble. He knows what he's doing!

I don't believe the news regarding Mata, but I do agree that in the future something may have to give between him and Oscar as both need to play centrally to get the best out of them, unless Oscar moves to a deeper position. What Oscar does give is a much stronger defensive work rate to his game, which is obviously Mata's weakest point. This may sway Mourinho's mind in the long term. However I certainly don't expect Mata to be sold this summer, Mourinho will want at least a season with him to see what he can get out of him.

'The man', an already good start! :P

However, Mourinho didn't want to lose Ibrahimovic, there are interviews of him saying that. It just happens you dont turn down 45mi euros + Eto'o for a player who wants to go out...

Another point is that nobody here is defending him wanting another one for Mata's position. For instance, I would bow down to Mourinho coming to the conclusion Oscar is best suited for the starting. I obviously dont know more football than him. Nevertheless, I havent read one single reasonable and intelligent argument on pro of Jose selling Juan. If you analyze the situation, there isnt one single case where selling Mata will be benefical to the club. First of all, it will strength European rivals. Second of all, Mata is a hell of a character, is cheap, is good and loves Chelsea. And lastly, there isnt anyone in the market who would add to the squad more than having Mata as a second option in the team depth...

Not trolling or anything, but do you guys realling think he'd be able to deliver after a complete shitty season with Madrid ? He had a disaster at Real Madrid, had Ronaldo, Alonso, Ramos, Ozil etc but still couldnt beat teams like Getafe ? Lost 4-0 to Dortmund, Liek srsly? Special One lol?

Not trolling or anything, but do you guys realling think he'd be able to deliver after a complete shitty season with Madrid ? He had a disaster at Real Madrid, had Ronaldo, Alonso, Ramos, Ozil etc but still couldnt beat teams like Getafe ? Lost 4-0 to Dortmund, Liek srsly? Special One lol?

His achievements speak for themselves. All you have to do is Google them. If you're unwilling to look past his last season at Real then no one can help you.

When is his press conference? Can't wait to hear his assessment on mazcar. I could also see Oscar fitting perfectly into the role Lampard played this year in the pivot. Which should allow Mata to play right behind the striker. Sanchez would've been perfect.

Another point is that nobody here is defending him wanting another one for Mata's position. For instance, I would bow down to Mourinho coming to the conclusion Oscar is best suited for the starting. I obviously dont know more football than him. Nevertheless, I havent read one single reasonable and intelligent argument on pro of Jose selling Juan. If you analyze the situation, there isnt one single case where selling Mata will be benefical to the club. First of all, it will strength European rivals. Second of all, Mata is a hell of a character, is cheap, is good and loves Chelsea. And lastly, there isnt anyone in the market who would add to the squad more than having Mata as a second option in the team depth...

^+1 on this. It's just stupid media speculation like TSO wanting to sell David Luiz. Writers are looking to stir up the pot of controversy. Only stupid red scousers would believe such nonsense. In case you do believe these rumors, please contact me. I have some beachfront property in Arizona I would like to sell to you :Goober:

LOL??? seriously???

one season overrides everything he has achieved in the past... not beating getafe overshadows beating BARCA 3 times this season...he lost 4-1 to dortmund but if the finishing had been better RM would easily have been 3-0 up in the first 20 minutes, anyways not counting that, RM still showed character and almost pulled off the impossible.

as to answer your question, YES HE WILL DELIVER.

And he also said this in there...

"I have a big emotional connection with the club, I have got a very young team in my hands with a lot of very young talented players, it's time to develop the players."

Unless something nonsense really happens, I really hope he stays for a long time and develop the team into how we all would like it to be.

Also, Hazard said this...

thanks for those!!!! any chance they're going to hit youtube?

I'd love to hear the whole interviews, although I suppose Eden's isn't much longer - if any longer - than what you posted.

When is his press conference? Can't wait to hear his assessment on mazcar. I could also see Oscar fitting perfectly into the role Lampard played this year in the pivot. Which should allow Mata to play right behind the striker. Sanchez would've been perfect.

Next Monday at 1:30 on Sky Sports News.

As Mourinho was in Germany, he was asked about the transfer of Bayer Leverkusen's Andre Schurrle - amid reports that he has given the green-light for the move, which was agreed before his return to the club.

But the Chelsea boss said: "There is no time for that, this is the time for Mikey - he is the man for today, Andre has to wait."

Mourinho did deny claims that Cristiano Ronaldo was one of the reasons behind his departure from Real, saying: "He scored 50 goals a season, how can he be the reason for me leaving."

Lol. Jose talked

like_a_boss_meme.jpg

Incredible all the speculation and people in the 'know'.

'Jose wants this, Jose wants that, he don’t get on with so and so, he wants to bring in, he wants to sell this bloke'

If Jose was so predictable and everyone knows what he is thinking or plans to do would he really be one of the most successful managers in the past 12 years?

Social media, Facetwiiter, and corporate media awash with speculative bollox.

'The man', an already good start! :P

However, Mourinho didn't want to lose Ibrahimovic, there are interviews of him saying that. It just happens you dont turn down 45mi euros + Eto'o for a player who wants to go out...

Tbh Eto'o was a bigger lose for Barca. He was probably better than Ibra so getting 45 million and Eto'o for a player Eto'o is better than is one hell of a deal.