The Mourinho Thread

"Mourinho did everything that was in his power for Real Madrid. Not many of the people who acused him or the players can say this. We are a club whose players think about themself mainly and then about the others, the team or the colours. "

"Some of the players don't like a coach who doesn't let you waste time, or relax. And Mourinho was this type of coach. Personally, I like that side of him."

"What happened to him happened even to Del Bosque in the past. When the club signed him, everyone was happy about how good he is. Only nice words. But after he started his work, the media started the criticism, which is not a normal thing. It's painful and it causes trouble for those who are at the club or around him, in general, which is not good at all."

"That's how I feel and many times I felt like I was paying for defending Mourinho. But these are my honest thoughts about him."

"I must admit that this has been my worst season since I'm a footballer. The trouble in my personal life affected my game"

That's a translation that I'm not so sure about (and I apologize about that), but I think the main ideas are pretty clear for everyone.

I still don't like Arbeloa as a player, but it's so nice and refreshing to hear a player being so outspoken about such a messed up situation like the one Mourinho had in Madrid's locker room.

He's a nice guy, he just isn't good playing football.

I think at the end of the day it was RM's loss and I don't know which kind of manager could work for them. They have a great team with huge egos for different reasons and while I think at times Mourinho didn't deal well with it, that's how he deals with things and a few players are responsible for what happened.

I'm a Madridista and it hurts me to see the club in a position where some of the bloody players think they're bigger than the club and own it, while others think they know everything that is to know. This galactic thing only makes it worse and I wonder what's going to happen there. They forget where they were in UCL before Mourinho went there and I feel like that's they're fated to go again. It breaks my heart, but at the same time I'm tired of this shit.

I think you made a decent point, but I think the bigger issue that could affect Mata is Oscar.

When we signed Oscar, I thought he was a potential ballon d'or winner. But this season he's been moved out of position to accomodate Mata who has himself been quite remarkable. The problem is that Mata doesn't contribute enough defensively, whereas Oscar is a tenacious little git with a real bite about him.

I'm not sure if we'll sell him, but I think that for Oscar to reach his peak then Mata has to move aside (to the wing or elsewhere) and I think that Oscar has the higher ceiling in terms of what they could become. It's damn near heresy to discuss such a thing and I love everything about Mata both on the pitch and off it, but I think this is an issue that will grow over the next 12 months.

I agree with all of that, I jut dont see where selling Mata enters in this equation. If Mourinho likes Oscar and thinks he will become the better player, then bench Mata (who has an immense character and isnt even expensive) ffs!

Who will he buy to replace Mata (because we would still need a substitute CAM)? Wesley Sneijder? C'MON, GIVE ME A BREAK!

Funny that Leif liked your post though, because the last time I checked he said Coutinho is better than Oscar!

because the last time I checked he said Coutinho is better than Oscar!

Must half your posts revolve around me? I said Coutinho had contributed more to Liverpool since his arrival, which he had if you go by stats, and that he was in better form for a month.

He's been talking to Sky..

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/8759277/Premier-League-Jose-Mourinho-is-planning-a-long-second-stint-at-Chelsea

"The players need stability and I am in Chelsea to give that stability to the team and players, and I am going to stay a long time."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/8759277/Premier-League-Jose-Mourinho-is-planning-a-long-second-stint-at-Chelsea

"The players need stability and I am in Chelsea to give that stability to the team and players, and I am going to stay a long time."

Stay Mourinho stay, stay till u die because WE LOVE YOU.

And he also said this in there...

"I have a big emotional connection with the club, I have got a very young team in my hands with a lot of very young talented players, it's time to develop the players."

Unless something nonsense really happens, I really hope he stays for a long time and develop the team into how we all would like it to be.

Also, Hazard said this...

"They already knew for a long time at Chelsea that he was going to sign and they all told me that it would be a good thing for me," Hazard said. "José Mourinho is someone special and it's a pleasure to have him as a coach.

"Maybe in the first training session I will be a bit intimidated – after all, it's José Mourinho. But he is also a man, with two arms and two legs and so, in the end, I will have a normal relationship with him, just as I have with my previous coaches."

Source: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jun/05/chelsea-eden-hazard-jose-mourinho

Liking a post saying Oscar might be a Balloon D'or and that his celling is higher than Mata, totally contradicts your previous statement...

No lol. It means I thought his post was good. I've also always maintained that Oscar has a higher ceiling than Mata so there is no contradiction.

Also, a quick walkthrough on Mata's thread and anyone can see you are the one who most overhype and love him.

Can you quote me once overhyping him? No. Can you quote me sharing my admiration for him many times? Yes. Don't get the two confused.

There is absolutely no reason to sell him

I never said there was, so don't start up a discussion about that. Everyone knows there's no reason to sell him and no one has said there is a reason in our minds to.

You have no formulated opinion

Obviously I don't which is where you fail. If you have a formulated opinion you stick to that opinion and refuse to change and FLOW as you later put and change your opinions and ideas which I do a lot. You can't grow unless you accept change.

change your points of view depending on what is trending.

No. You're just seeing that I disagree with popular opinions quite often and attribute that to some pre-meditated want to rustle feathers which is an impression you may get but not my intention.

Do I literally have to beg you to add me to your ignore list?

No lol. It means I thought his post was good. I've also always maintained that Oscar has a higher ceiling than Mata so there is no contradiction.

Can you quote me once overhyping him? No. Can you quote me sharing my admiration for him many times? Yes. Don't get the two confused.

I never said there was, so don't start up a discussion about that. Everyone knows there's no reason to sell him and no one has said there is a reason in our minds to.

Obviously I don't which is where you fail. If you have a formulated opinion you stick to that opinion and refuse to change and FLOW as you later put and change your opinions and ideas which I do a lot. You can't grow unless you accept change.

No. You're just seeing that I disagree with popular opinions quite often and attribute that to some pre-meditated want to rustle feathers which is an impression you may get but not my intention.

Do I literally have to beg you to add me to your ignore list?

All you can make of my arguments was that piece of crap?

Everytime someone calls you hypocrite or says you contradict yourself, you come with this cheap argument that you can't grow unless you change. I guess that is what that random West Ham fan tells his friends when they prank him about that Harry Redknapp video about Frank Lampard! :lol2:

Anyways, you are not intelligent enough to actually defend your view on Mourinho selling Mata, so I wont quote you anymore! ;)

Anyways, you are not intelligent enough

Reported simply for being a cock over and over again with posts like this. So annoying now.

I'm not intelligent enough, Mata isn't manly looking enough; You really need to focus on yourself more.

Reported simply for being a cock over and over again with posts like this. So annoying now.

I'm not intelligent enough, Mata isn't manly looking enough; You really need to focus on yourself more.

Never said Mata isnt manly enough, I said he looked girly in one single picture!

Also, you have already reported me in the past, such a baby. I hope the Mods see my side and don't give me warning points, just like last time!

I do love how you change your mind so many times..

Excuse me? Today I've stated that Mata often goes missing in games and in none of the parts you quoted did I say he doesn't go missing in games.

As for the Ozil comparisons Mata possesses qualities Ozil doesn't - he's more direct and gets the ball to the striker quicker - which would improve Real Madrid.

As for Ozil, he's more of a proper playmaker who dictates play - which I touched on earlier - and while not possessing the same eagerness as Mata or having the same infectious rub on players to make them perform better, is generally the better passer.

I've always stood by those.

Can both of you understand that first of all: Changing your mind is not a bad thing, but that also in this instance I haven't even changed my mind on anything?

I would trust Mourinho to do what is right by the club. After all, this is the man who dropped what was a massive fan favourite and arguably best goalkeeper in the Premiership prior to his first stint in Cudicini for a young, inexperienced goalkeeper in Cech. This is also the man that at Inter sold their one real world class attacking player in Ibrahimovic and rebuilt the side into a far better and more effective unit that won the treble. He knows what he's doing!

I don't believe the news regarding Mata, but I do agree that in the future something may have to give between him and Oscar as both need to play centrally to get the best out of them, unless Oscar moves to a deeper position. What Oscar does give is a much stronger defensive work rate to his game, which is obviously Mata's weakest point. This may sway Mourinho's mind in the long term. However I certainly don't expect Mata to be sold this summer, Mourinho will want at least a season with him to see what he can get out of him.