The Mourinho Thread

Classic Mourinho. He wants the lights and be the biggest name/star of the team. He'll never transfer famous/ popular players to his teams and will start throwing hissy fits if the board does. Napoleon in the house.

well lets be honest, that formula works.

Story by Rob Beasley, a decent journalist with ties to Chelsea.

Someone asked him on twitter who Mourinho wants to sign if not Falcao, and his reply was "Give you FOUR guesses! Ha" so he's implying Lewandowski, right?

He's also a Chelsea fan, so the story could be what he wants to happen rather than what actually will.

Jose will have to deal with some Rafa loyalist's this time.

If he decides to bad mouth the Spaniard at any point, whether that is training ground or press conference, that won't go down well with the likes of Mata, Azpi and David Luiz.

If he decides to bad mouth the Spaniard at any point, whether that is training ground or press conference, that won't go down well with the likes of Mata, Azpi and David Luiz.

Deary me. Are you actually serious with that?

Why on earth are people assuming Mata, Azpi, Luiz etc all like Benitez just because they said nice things about him in the media? Just because we all hate Benitez and abusing him all the time, you can't expect the players to say the same things in the public. They are just being diplomatic with their answers about him FGS!

Yeah, thats the way Mourinho look into this "achievement". I'm pretty sure Real is happy that Mourinho legacy is 1 La Liga, and I'm also sure that when they signed Mourinho in the first place was to win La Liga from "the best team in the world" and to win Copa Del Rey after 20 years, lol.

When Real bought Mourinho, he was supposed to turn Real Madrid into UCL champions and the best team in the world, right now he is using Barcelona to make his "legacy" bigger than it really is, and the mention about Copa Del Rey is really pathetic, its like Rafa Benitez saying something like this: "The Europa League is mine!!!". lol

Yeah your right.

The problem here is that people are looking through the Chelsea glass and as Mourinho fans.

For example if you ask the Liverpool Benitez fan they will tell you that he has done a great job at Chelsea....

So in Madrid the biggest club of them all of course Mourinho did nothing of greatness.

Is just what glasses your using to view the world. :-)

Me personally I use the Chelsea Mourinho fan and think he did great. But I can understand why in real Madrid they don't rate him that highly.

Yeah your right.

The problem here is that people are looking through the Chelsea glass and as Mourinho fans.

Cause if you ask the Liverpool Benitez fan they will tell you that he has done a great job at Chelsea....

So in Madrid the biggest club of them all of course Mourinho did nothing of greatness.

Is just what glasses your using to view the world. :-)

Me personally I use the Chelsea Mourinho fan and think he did great. But I can understand why in real Madrid they don't rate him that highly.

They will also probably tell you that Gerrard is the greatest Player to ever have lived.

It's simple. If RDM was doing a bad job as he got fired, then Rafa whose record is worse than RDM, must have also done a Bad job.

yeah, I can see Mata screaming at Mourinho and Azpi going all like "may heaven strike me down if there is more bumptious man than you, Mr. Jose"

Deary me. Are you actually serious with that?

Why on earth are people assuming Mata, Azpi, Luiz etc all like Benitez just because they said nice things about him in the media? Just because we all hate Benitez and abusing him all the time, you can't expect the players to say the same things in the public. They are just being diplomatic with their answers about him FGS!

Hmm, I'm not entirely convinced. Perhaps because they seem very proactive about it - why don't we hear Cech, Lampard, Cole etc… come with similar statements? Is it because the journalists don't ask the old guard questions about Benitez and only ask the younger players?

For me it depends on whether you were asked a question about Benitez (yes, be diplomatic) or whether you - yourself - take the initiative.

I guess it's similar to Cech praising Mourinho - again, we don't know whether he was asked a question about Mourinho and how it was formulated. Would you call it being diplomatic?

4 May 2013 10:09:00

Chelsea goalkeeper Petr Cech says that Jose Mourinho is "one of the best coaches in the world" as the Portuguese edges closer to a return to Stamford Bridge.

Cech told RMC: "I think not a lot of players have worked with Jose here but I can say that he is one of the best coaches in the world.

"He is a great coach and, if he comes back, I think [Chelsea] fans will be very happy.

"It would be a pleasure to work with him for players who already know him and for those who do not yet know him well."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/05/04/3952882/former-chelsea-boss-mourinho-one-of-the-best-in-the-world

Hmm, I'm not entirely convinced. Perhaps because they seem very proactive about it - why don't we hear Cech, Lampard, Cole etc… come with similar statements? Is it because the journalists don't ask the old guard questions about Benitez and only ask the younger players?

For me it depends on whether you were asked a question about Benitez (yes, be diplomatic) or whether you - yourself - take the initiative.

I guess it's similar to Cech praising Mourinho - again, we don't know whether he was asked a question about Mourinho and how it was formulated. Would you call it being diplomatic?

4 May 2013 10:09:00

Chelsea goalkeeper Petr Cech says that Jose Mourinho is "one of the best coaches in the world" as the Portuguese edges closer to a return to Stamford Bridge.

Cech told RMC: "I think not a lot of players have worked with Jose here but I can say that he is one of the best coaches in the world.

"He is a great coach and, if he comes back, I think [Chelsea] fans will be very happy.

"It would be a pleasure to work with him for players who already know him and for those who do not yet know him well."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/05/04/3952882/former-chelsea-boss-mourinho-one-of-the-best-in-the-world

Taking initiative? Why would the players suddenly just go to the media and say nice things about Benitez?

Of course the players are just gonna answer questions diplomatically when being asked them. As for asking the younger players and not the senior ones, lets not forget the media have an agenda against us and knowing that us fans hate Benitez, they are likely to ask those that weren't here when our rivalry against Liverpool was at its highest point previously and get favourable response about Benitez to make him look like an angel, a good man and us silly of hating him.

The whole point here is, why are people even reading so much into what Mata, Luiz, Azpi etc said about Benitez? Some of the things they have said about him is basically just the truth in terms of some improvement we have made under Benitez, even if we don't like to admit it. They are just stating the facts and what is apparent. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Mourinho instilled that 'us against the world mentality', been pining for it ever since.

Chelsea were an underachieving, 'almost - there - but - not - quite' side when he took over though, so that mentality suited the mood around the place and helped us become a force to reckon with. We are now bigger than all clubs bar United (domestically) and among the top 5-6 in Europe. Not sure that siege mentality would be appropriate now, as Mourinho found out to his cost in Madrid.

Chelsea were an underachieving, 'almost - there - but - not - quite' side when he took over though, so that mentality suited the mood around the place and helped us become a force to reckon with. We are now bigger than all clubs bar United (domestically) and among the top 5-6 in Europe. Not sure that siege mentality would be appropriate now, as Mourinho found out to his cost in Madrid.

Have a point, but Madrid are a total different animal.

If they won like Chelsea won last year with nothing but a defensive mind, that will be an insult for them.

For us, win ugly, great, it does not matter.

So that is the major difference, and why a manager like Mourinho never fit their philosophy.

If they get Don Carlo, he might fit more their model. A yes man, that gets a long with everybody and practice more of an attacking football.

For us Mourinho works any day of the week. :)

Yes, I can understand where you're coming from. Perhaps I just find it hard to be objective when it comes to Benitez.

Taking initiative? Why would the players suddenly just go to the media and say nice things about Benitez?

No, I don't think they actually go to the media. I don't want to be nitpicking, but for me there is a difference between answering what you're being asked (in a diplomatic way) and/or getting your own message across.

Q: Juan - what did you think of today's match?

A: I think we played well and we are very pleased with the result.

is quite different to:

Q: Juan - what did you think of today's match?

A: We played really well thank to Benitez, who is a great guy and we all love him to bits.

Obviously a direct question about Benitez should be answered in a diplomatic manner.

But the fact that they nearly never publish the questions kind of kills this issue. And as I've said I'm overly sensitive to all things Benitez :-)