The Mourinho Thread

I don't feel as if Mourinho is the best "long term option" in terms of building a squad from the ground up. However, considering the fact that we've sacked so many quality managers and scared so many others from the job (Pep), what other viable candidates are there? The job is a poisoned chalice, so if we were to get Mourinho, I would be more than happy. If it does happen, we really have to hope for our board/Roman not fuck things up. Hopefully they've learned from their mistakes these past couple of years.

I don't feel as if Mourinho is the best "long term option" in terms of building a squad from the ground up.

Are we still building our squad up from the ground up though? I don't think we are anymore. We've now established a nucleus for the following seasons to come: Oscar, Mata, Hazard, Ramires & Luiz. With the likes of Courtois, Lukaku, KDB, Chalobah etc. coming through as well, we've got great potential as a squad - what we need now is a manager that can bring these players to the next level, and I honestly think there isn't a better man than Mourinho out there to do that for us.

Mourinho was our last long term manager (he was here for 3 seasons which is very long term for us). He could've easily stayed for another season or two had it not been for the off field shenanigans with Roman. Roman's changed. He now wants to build a team that can sustain itself for many years to come rather than the instant glory he craved for earlier - we've won the holy grail now anyway. Mourinho's been everywhere and accomplished most of what he wanted to do. He's changed too. I honestly think Mourinho will stay with us for at least 3/4 years if everything goes well.

Did he really say that :blink:...

I'm pretty sure he did, there was a video of it that I am currently looking for. However, he said it in a way of addressing the rumors. Like "The rumor of Carlo leaving, the rumor of Mancini leaving, the rumor of Benitez leaving and me replacing him",

I'm pretty sure he did, there was a video of it that I am currently looking for. However, he said it in a way of addressing the rumors. Like "The rumor of Carlo leaving, the rumor of Mancini leaving, the rumor of Benitez leaving and me replacing him",

He says it right before that in the text as well. People need to read before getting googly-eyed at the highlighted part.

Did he really say that :blink:...

He said something like the rumors are saying that Benintez is leaving Chelsea, Carlo leaving PSG and Mancini leaving Man City and that the rumors are saying that he is replacing one of them..

I found this 'interesting':

277115.jpg

He said something like the rumors are saying that Benintez is leaving Chelsea, Carlo leaving PSG and Mancini leaving Man City and that the rumors are saying that he is replacing one of them..

277115.jpg

WHO IS NUMBER 2?

277115.jpg

What the hell does this mean ? Three same CV's & three different managers, Rafa & José and ?

No, I don't think they actually go to the media. I don't want to be nitpicking, but for me there is a difference between answering what you're being asked (in a diplomatic way) and/or getting your own message across.

Q: Juan - what did you think of today's match?

A: I think we played well and we are very pleased with the result.

is quite different to:

Q: Juan - what did you think of today's match?

A: We played really well thank to Benitez, who is a great guy and we all love him to bits.

Obviously a direct question about Benitez should be answered in a diplomatic manner.

But the fact that they nearly never publish the questions kind of kills this issue.

So, you're basically indicating there that the player voluntarily praised Benitez in interviews etc? Thinking your feelings on Benitez is making this an issue when it isn't one. I don't recall reading and/or listening to our players mentioning Benitez's name all of a sudden in interviews. If the interviewer/journalist asks something about Benitez, then they will speak about him. If not, they do not talk about him and just answer the question as it is.

And as I've said I'm overly sensitive to all things Benitez :-)

That's the general problem really. Because we all hate Benitez so much, some people become sensitive and assume that the likes of Mata, Azpi, Luiz etc have turned into a Benitez loyalist based on just simple diplomatic response when there is nothing more than just that, a diplomatic response.