The Mourinho Thread

The Portuguese fella is widely expected to make a Stamford Bridge return this summer.

After his hard time at Real Madrid, some are saying it would be his easy option.

I disagree.

There is no doubt, his disciples down the Fulham Broadway would supply him with the adulation and affection he so obviously craves.

The regulars in The Shed and The Matthew Harding Stand would cut him more slack than they have some of his predecessors.

And even owner Roman Abramovich’s trigger finger might lose the itchiness it has suffered with in the past.

But despite all of this goodwill, I still think it would be brave of him to embark on a second stint at a club where he was so successful and iconic first time around.

Mourinho, who took over as Chelsea boss in 2004, won two Premier League titles in three years before leaving the club in 2007.

He would be expected to match that impressive record. But there is a genuine risk his comeback could result in the shine being lost from his halo. Chelsea are no longer the Prem’s biggest spenders as they were when he was first there.

They are no longer an automatic choice to finish first or second, or even in the top four for that matter.

Chelsea have the makings of an excellent squad, but there is still a lot of work to be done.

His heralded return as boss is far from the cushy number it is being made out to be in some quarters.

Mourinho has plenty to lose — not least his reputation.

It would be so much simpler for him to take a post elsewhere, where he has no previous, baggage or expectation.

There is a reason and countless examples why they say you should never go back, especially as a manager.

Kenny Dalglish and Liverpool is the most recent example.

That is why it would be a brave decision for Mourinho to go back to Chelsea.

Following Real Madrid’s Champions League exit to Borussia Dortmund this week Mourinho said: “I want to go somewhere where I am loved.”

He has made no secret of the fact he feels he has not been loved by the top brass, fans and players at the Bernabeu.

He’s not happy or at his best when he’s not loved.

They say ego is the destroyer of man, but Mourinho is the exception. In his case, ego is his motivation. He is clearly a delicate flower who needs to be loved.

Well, there is no place that loves him more than Chelsea.

He can do no wrong with the fans there.

His arrival would spark a feel-good feeling at Stamford Bridge in stark contrast to the negativity directed at poor old Rafa Benitez during his interim spell.

If Mourinho could harness that positivity alongside a healthy transfer budget then it is not impossible he could bring the glory days back to the Bridge again.

It is not as though he has to completely overhaul the squad, just a few top signings here and there.

It would not be as easy as some are suggesting, but it is a job Mourinho could handle.

He is suited perfectly to the English way — and more importantly the Chelsea way.

He also loves a bit of turmoil which is only ever just around the corner when you manage the Blues.

He does things other managers wouldn’t dream of doing. Sometimes it comes off, sometimes it doesn’t.

But there is no middle ground with Mourinho.

With the way things ended for him at Stamford Bridge in 2007, there has always been a feeling he has unfinished business with Chelsea.

I, for one, hope he is brave enough to go back and conclude it this summer.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4914514/Terry-Venables-column-Jose-Mourinho-is-brave-to-go-back-to-Chelsea.html#ixzz2SH8z6krQ

Buying a much cheaper and much younger Lewandowski would free up quite a bit of cash to invest in midfield.

I like the sound of that rumor.

Only downside is potentially seeing Falcao at City or United.

Benfica fans also hope that Mourinho goes to chelsea again.

We garanteed the TV Rights of EPL in Portugal for the next 3 seasons on our Channel: BenficaTV.

With Mourinho back to Chelsea we hope to get more subscribers in Portugal.

you mean like winning the league from the best team in the world (not my words) with a record number of points...yeah nothing special at all

Yeah, thats the way Mourinho look into this "achievement". I'm pretty sure Real is happy that Mourinho legacy is 1 La Liga, and I'm also sure that when they signed Mourinho in the first place was to win La Liga from "the best team in the world" and to win Copa Del Rey after 20 years, lol.

When Real bought Mourinho, he was supposed to turn Real Madrid into UCL champions and the best team in the world, right now he is using Barcelona to make his "legacy" bigger than it really is, and the mention about Copa Del Rey is really pathetic, its like Rafa Benitez saying something like this: "The Europa League is mine!!!". lol

Yeah, thats the way Mourinho look into this "achievement". I'm pretty sure Real is happy that Mourinho legacy is 1 La Liga, and I'm also sure that when they signed Mourinho in the first place was to win La Liga from "the best team in the world" and to win Copa Del Rey after 20 years, lol.

When Real bought Mourinho, he was supposed to turn Real Madrid into UCL champions and the best team in the world, right now he is using Barcelona to make his "legacy" bigger than it really is, and the mention about Copa Del Rey is really pathetic, its like Rafa Benitez saying something like this: "The Europa League is mine!!!". lol

I personally don't see anyone being able to turn Real Madrid into UCL champions & the best team in the world. The lack of team chemistry is so obvious at Real Madrid...and there is no identity at Real Madrid...

Mourinho's legacy at Madrid might only be 1 La Liga...but when you think about it, they did well just to achieve that.

I personally don't see anyone being able to turn Real Madrid into UCL champions & the best team in the world. The lack of team chemistry is so obvious at Real Madrid...and there is no identity at Real Madrid...

Mourinho's legacy at Madrid might only be 1 La Liga...but when you think about it, they did well just to achieve that.

Not saying Mourinho's job at Real was a garbage, for the first time in last 10 years I really thought Madrid really could win a UCL again, but his job was not special at all, and Im more concerned about his interview, that was not needed at all.

According to The Sun, Jose wants to keep Frank Lampard and John Terry at Chelsea next season but has ruled out moves for Falcao and Xabi Alonso.

Classic Mourinho. He wants the lights and be the biggest name/star of the team. He'll never transfer famous/ popular players to his teams and will start throwing hissy fits if the board does. Napoleon in the house.

Not saying Mourinho's job at Real was a garbage, for the first time in last 10 years I really thought Madrid really could win a UCL again, but his job was not special at all, and Im more concerned about his interview, that was not needed at all.

Which side of the issue are you on? You want Jose? or don't want Jose?

Not sure about this, he has the tools to do it in real.

I still think he is one of the best manager in the world but his achievement in Madrid is just OK. And just OK is not good enough for the highest paid manager with the most expensive squad ever.

thats your opinion

lads, what do you think about that Makelele's story saying that Terry was at fault of Mourinho dismissal?

You can't be too sure about what newspapers print or what people say in their biographies...

But if I had to guess, I would not say Terry was directly responsible for Mourinho's departure, but at the same time... I don't think he was very supportive when the club took its stance regarding the manager.