The Mourinho Thread

If you make a statement like that, you shouldn't be against being labelled as a perfect match for Arsenal. That sentence literally is a quote for an Arsenal forum.

Why is that? Arsenal fan want to play good all the time.

We can't play good all the time.

But we can't be a shame.

There's no excuse for not playing better when you have an extra man.

It's ridiculous taking a cautious approach. It's about the same as being ridiculous in going all attack when your up by 3 goals.

Why is that? Arsenal fan want to play good all the time.

We can't play good all the time.

But we can't be a shame.

There's no excuse for not playing better when you have an extra man.

It's ridiculous taking a cautious approach. It's about the same as being ridiculous in going all attack when your up by 3 goals.

There are no excuses. It was a bad day. Shit happens in football. At the end of the day Chelsea lost to two set-pieces.

No open play goals, no well thought out passes that cut us open for them to score, nothing.

Shit happens in football, that's what makes it beautiful. You can't script anything.

When it has paid off, no one's called it ridiculous , have they? It boiled down to luck, Chelsea didn't have any. Add that to how weak the players looked on the field, we were set up for catastrophe. There was nothing wrong in the way we played, because if we executed it properly, PSG wouldn't be going on.

There are no excuses. It was a bad day. Shit happens in football. At the end of the day Chelsea lost to two set-pieces.

No open play goals, no well thought out passes that cut us open for them to score, nothing.

Shit happens in football, that's what makes it beautiful. You can't script anything.

When it has paid off, no one's called it ridiculous , have they? It boiled down to luck, Chelsea didn't have any. Add that to how weak the players looked on the fail, we were set up for catastrophe. There was nothing wrong in the way we played, because if we executed it properly, PSG wouldn't be going on.

No it was coming, come on men you got to be blind to not see that.

I was saying before they scored. Why the hell we are dropping off when we had the 10 men?

And men playing great is not just amazing tiki taka fútbol but also showing passion and high energy. Can be all out defensive or even counter attacking.

When we eliminated Barcelona with robbie that was amazing. High energy, body's throwing themselves everywhere. Here was nothing but void performance.

The writing was in the wall before the two goals. Like why keep Ramires after the sending of? He offered absolutely nothing and after his yellow card he offered even less....

Matic and Ramires was played at the beginning to be conservative, okay good. But what the heck they doing there when the other team got one less man?

No it was coming, come on men you got to be blind to not see that.

I was saying before they scored. Why the hell we are dropping off when we had the 10 men.

And men playing great is not just amazing tiki taka fútbol but also showing . Can be all out defensive or even counter attacking.

The writing was in the wall before the two goals. Like why keep Ramires after the sending of? He offered absolutely nothing and after his yellow card he offered even less.

It's all nice to sit after the 120 minutes and say it was coming , it was coming. Say that during the 120 minutes, and the chance of it happening is 50%.

That was the system we wanted to go with from the word go. and we stuck with it. We are not a reactive team, we have been proactive, and we will until we perfect it.

passion and high energy.

This is what was missing from the night. Add that to any system and we would have that game. But it cannot happen every single time. These are not machines, these are human beings. We move the fuck on and learn from it.

The writing was in the wall before the two goals. Like why keep Ramires after the sending of? He offered absolutely nothing and after his yellow card he offered even less.

Retrospect and hindsight. He has the ability especially with his pace when the opposition is a person down. Before you make substitutions, you weigh the pros and cons, no one does it blindly. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt.

Also a lot of people are focusing so much on this 10 man bs. Personal experience, when the opposition is down by a man, the first thing a manager does is not react for the first 5 minutes. In those 5 minutes you identify the player, then you open up your notes and check what his role is in the opposition's system. IF he's a midfielder, you have an opening, if it is a defender, you have an opening. Think about it again, it was a forward that got sent off. No openings in midfield, no openings in the defense, no openings on the flanks. The only thing it does is lower the chances of the opposition scoring because their main goal threat has gone down the tunnel.

Mourinho reacted to that by pushing the low block higher up the pitch. It worked perfectly, we could handle anything they threw at us, but we fell to poor defensive marking on set-pieces. Managers aren't retarded, a lot of them need to be given credit because every decision is made after proper thinking. Each and every decision is made better the more you are experience, and better your intuition.

tl;dr, I don't blame the system, I blame the lack of energy in our play, and the fact that our strongest feature gave it away for us. 10 men oppositions aren't affected when the player sent off is a forward, especially if the forward in question isn't someone who drops deep.

It's all nice to sit after the 120 minutes and say it was coming , it was coming. Say that during the 120 minutes, and the chance of it happening is 50%.

That was the system we wanted to go with from the word go. and we stuck with it. We are not a reactive team, we have been proactive, and we will until we perfect it.

This is what was missing from the night. Add that to any system and we would have that game. But it cannot happen every single time. These are not machines, these are human beings. We move the fuck on and learn from it.

Retrospect and hindsight. He has the ability especially with his pace when the opposition is a person down. Before you make substitutions, you weigh the pros and cons, no one does it blindly. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt.

Also a lot of people are focusing so much on this 10 man bs. Personal experience, when the opposition is down by a man, the first thing a manager does is not react for the first 5 minutes. In those 5 minutes you identify the player, then you open up your notes and check what his role is in the opposition's system. IF he's a midfielder, you have an opening, if it is a defender, you have an opening. Think about it again, it was a forward that got sent off. No openings in midfield, no openings in the defense, no openings on the flanks. The only thing it does is lower the chances of the opposition scoring because their main goal threat has gone down the tunnel.

Mourinho reacted to that by pushing the low block higher up the pitch. It worked perfectly, we could handle anything they threw at us, but we fell to poor defensive marking on set-pieces. Managers aren't retarded, a lot of them need to be given credit because every decision is made after proper thinking. Each and every decision is made better the more you are experience, and better your intuition.

tl;dr, I don't blame the system, I blame the lack of energy in our play, and the fact that our strongest feature gave it away for us. 10 men oppositions aren't affected when the player sent off is a forward, especially if the forward in question isn't someone who drops deep.

Go back and you see that I didn't said after the game.

I was saying it during the game before we even scored.

So it's not like I jump on the bandwagon.

Go back and you see that I didn't said after the game.

I was saying it during the game before we even scored.

That is what I meant. In the game 50% chance, you wouldn't be saying it if the game went through like it should have. You're negating the factor of luck.

That is what I meant. In the game 50% chance, you wouldn't be saying it if the game went through like it should have. You're negating the factor of luck.

No but you take it as a red flag going forward.

Like this is not the first time it happened before.

To me watching Chelsea is equaly satisfying as winning titles. And we are playing like absolute KRAP for three months now. We will probably win title, but I havent seen such bad run of performances by chelsea in a long time.

Another piss poor performance against Southampton. Got his tactics all wrong in the first half. Southhampton were running free down their right side. Should be sacked if he does not win PL title honestly for negative mentality alone.

This guy doesn't know how to coach proper attacking football. It is all good when the individuals shine but he is not as good as Klopp or Pep in this area. It is all about attacking on the wings with pace and cross, no one dares to try a long range like Yaya.

I actually liked the second half even though we tied.

That's what I want to see, the passion and high energy then just soul less team just sitting back and not putting for an effort.

we were lucky to be level at HT ,, We need to play for more than 35 minutes