The Mourinho Thread

Yes you have the right to do whatever you want but do you not, as fans, claim you're the 12th player in the team? So why would you not listen to your manager's instructions the same way the other 11 do?

Stop talking as if you are in no way, shape or form related to your club's manager. You are a supporter and a part of the team. If the manager asks for better atmosphere, do your best to make a better atmosphere. If the manager asks to avoid signing a song, then avoid singing the fucking song.

:D Bless. I shall now sing it as loud as possible with everyone else.

:D Bless. I shall now sing it as loud as possible with everyone else.

Good for you. Go out there and make a mockery out of your manager's pleas. I'm sure it will do the club good.

A few years ago during a game between Real Madrid and Barcelona at Madrid's Stadium, Pepe purposely stepped on Messi's hand. On the second leg at Barcelona's stadium, the media was predicting a massive turmoil by the Barcelona fans against Pepe, comparable to what was done to Figo. Guardiola then came out in the press conference and demanded that the fans leave Pepe alone in the upcoming game. Fast forward to the game and Pepe heard nothing but a few occasional whistles.

That right there is a display of class and respect from fans who knew better than to disrespect the instructions of a manager who gave them so much.

Clearly, you don't seem to understand this concept of class and you strike me as the typical ungrateful and whiny supporter we see around here that asks for the manager's head after any bad result. It's a shame they've made you a mod.

What? Jose should have absolutely fuck all to do with what we sing :lol:

The "authority" of the fans at any football club is greater than that of the manager. We are the base of the club and the only constant in it.

The jabs at Frank and the mind games aside, in principle, the manager has absolutely no right to demand that the fans chant or stop chanting anything or even how loud they are. Even if he is right, it is completely disrespectful to the fans of his club.

How long did Yernited sing about Terry slipping in Moscow ? Still do, it pissed me off no end, but I am not going to get all ban this or ban that, about what people can or cant sing.

If fans sing a wind up song, its up to the opponents to think up a better one.

Some of you may not know this but Chelsea had some of the wittiest funniest songs all thorugh the 80s and 90s. Seriously, no bias , we were the best.

I agree that singing Gerrard at every match is overkill, but tomorrow it has to be sung. I hate those scouse cunts and anything that winds them up (and it does wind them up) is OK by me. I don't hate Gerrard as such, but I don't know him so his personal feelings are unimportant to me.

HD30 or whatever your name is -trying to ban or censor songs is fucking stupid, I thought fascism was outlawed in Portugal ?

Not sure if there's a need to react so strongly to what Mourinho said about asking the fans to stop mocking Gerrard. His intentions were arguably more of mind games than anything else. After all, he reminded Liverpool and everyone else of that slip before we played them in November and now, he's just doing the same thing again.

lol Jose does not care about the chant. the whole interview was indirectly for Frank. shame that its getting so intense.

I really think is this.

Is more of a slap in the face at Lampard more then anything.

I will still continue to sign it happily against Gerrard when we play them tomorrow!

And yes it gets boring that people do it for like every game, so it should be reserve only for when we play against Liverpool! :D

Wouldn't it be amazing if we are beating them 4 to 0 and all you can hear is the Gerrard song? Ahh now that's what dreams are made of!

Not sure if there's a need to react so strongly to what Mourinho said about asking the fans to stop mocking Gerrard. His intentions were arguably more of mind games than anything else. After all, he reminded Liverpool and everyone else of that slip before we played them in November and now, he's just doing the same thing again.

Like a knife thru butter again Jason. Its Orwellian doublespeak for ''Sing the Gerrard song''

We also need songs about Gerrards own goal in Cardiff or his pass to Drogs in 2010 which basically sewed up the Title for us. On those occasions, it directly contributed to us winning trophies

We also need songs about Gerrards own goal in Cardiff or his pass to Drogs in 2010 which basically sewed up the Title for us. On those occasions, it directly contributed to us winning trophies

The pass in 2010 was brilliant. Because Liverpool fans actually didn't mind. Their hatred for United winning their 20th league title was stronger than their general hate for us :lol: