The Mourinho Thread

I'm glad and me too. But why? is it because he's better or his special relationship with the club?.. my point is Simeone should win a lot more before he shall be considered one of the best

Why? Well there are a few reasons. One, you stated it yourself, its his relationship with the club. He's a god here. Another, more important reason is that we've got a special side and Mourinho was the one to mold it. He knows what he wants from everyone and he knows how to get it. If we get Simeone or anyone else it'll be a long process before he gets to make the team he wants.

I also think Simeone is one of the best coaches in the world. What Simeone has done with Atletico de Madrid is incredible, very similar to what Jose Mourinho did years with Porto winning everything in portugal, UEFA (Europe League) and especially the Champions League before he come with us.

But I did not change Jose to put Simeone With us. Jose is perfect for us, he understands us, he fully understands English football and has proved a genius in the tactical, emotional and competitive aspect. Jose has a perfect winning mentality, for me the best coach in history (he has practically won everything and has proved to be competitive in four different cultures as Portugal, England, Italy and Spain). Jose is one of ours.

But I think Simeone, although he insists that he is a great coach, a great part of its success is related to the union / empathy Simeone has to Altetico Madrid and his followers. Simeone is a emocianal legend for all fans of Atletico de Madrid. Probably if we asked every follower of Atletico de Madrid for their favorite player in the history of Atletico de Madrid, practically most followers would say "Cholo Simenone" (perhaps with Luis Aragones and Fernando Tores, but first Simeone). Simeone is a great coach, but he has achieved much success thanks to the support of fans, which is spectacular and it makes every game in his field (Vicente Calderon) hell for his rivals. Simeone knows the feelings of his fans and he knows he has to do to defend them coming you a sense of paroxysm.

In addition, Simeone has interpreted very well the situation of crisis currently is living Spain, and people support the Atletico de Madrid because they see them at of the people team. In a country where many live wasting money (like he always does Real Madrid), Atletico de Madrid is a team with players with a very low salary (about the world of football) and having to work much more than Real Madrid or Barcelona to win any title.

In a country like Spain where many people are desperate because they do not have money to be guaranteed every day food on your table because of the pace of life that few Spaniards led for many years thanks to the privileges that those few Spaniards had as they have stolen so much money to spend on luxuries embarrassing, many people in Spain has been identified with Atletico de Madrid and practically the vast majority of Spaniards have supported the Atletico de Madrid for being a team with which they identify emotionally.

Simeone has managed to understand the circumstances, the empathy he has with the followers of Atletico de Madrid and empathy with the Spanish people, to create an environment that has allowed him to have a support from the fans and their own players as I've never seen anyone do. Simeone has gotten close to the heart of the entire environment which surrounds him, and he has caught the big winner and competitive personality he has.

Simeone has managed to get his football philosophy has been internalized by the followers of Atletico de Madrid and many Spaniards.

I doubt that Simeone could create the same situation of empathy in England because he does not know English culture just as he knows the Spanish culture and philosophy of Atletico de Madrid. Move this empathy to another culture and another league I think is quite complicated.

I think eventually will train Simeone Argentina in the World Cup 2018, which may be the world last for Messi with Argentina (he will have 31 years old), and probably Simeone will want to take the opportunity to win the World Cup with Argentina training a player like Messi. Simeone also is a legend in Argentina and he could bring that emotional empathy to Argentina team.

I apologize to the forum administrators for I have made any comments on the political / economic situation in Spain. It is best not to mix football and politics, but I think it's important to have a sociological point of view of the situation brought about by the arrival of Simeone at Atletico de Madrid.

I just think the point of view of someone who lives in Spain. Also I have a university degree in political science and sociology and just start working on sociological studies and also related to justice this year and the theme of the emotional impact of Simeone in Spanish society to me is fascinating.

If any administrator consider my comments as unwelcome, myself delete them without any problem and I apologize.

Very informative. Thanks for that. You're right that it's really difficult for the opposition to play a good game at the Vicente Calderon because the atmosphere is very intense. Great support from the Atletico fans and normal Spanish people definitely helps Simeone but I have no doubt that because he is very astute tactically and a great motivator that he will have success outside Atletico, including in England if he came here.

Simeone is similar to Mourinho in that he prefers to allow the opposition the ball, especially in the big games. Atletico have had more possession in matches this season compared to last and Simeone didn't sound too happy about it saying that possession allows the opposition to settle and can make you feel lethargic. I'm not sure how many big teams would take a manager like that. That's why I think/hope he will come to Chelsea one day because Mourinho is a legend here and everyone at the club including the fans is used to a more defensive, conservative manager unlike most of the other big teams who are obsessed with style of football. That said, Simeone's defensive tactics are a lot more proactive than Mourinho's and the intense pressing from the players can be very enjoyable to watch. His side have also shown that they can play very good possession based football like we saw at Stamford Bridge last season.

As long as he doesn't join another English club I'll be happy!

Very informative. Thanks for that. You're right that it's really difficult for the opposition to play a good game at the Vicente Calderon because the atmosphere is very intense. Great support from the Atletico fans and normal Spanish people definitely helps Simeone but I have no doubt that because he is very astute tactically and a great motivator that he will have success outside Atletico, including in England if he came here.

Simeone is similar to Mourinho in that he prefers to allow the opposition the ball, especially in the big games. Atletico have had more possession in matches this season compared to last and Simeone didn't sound too happy about it saying that possession allows the opposition to settle and can make you feel lethargic. I'm not sure how many big teams would take a manager like that. That's why I think/hope he will come to Chelsea one day because Mourinho is a legend here and everyone at the club including the fans is used to a more defensive, conservative manager unlike most of the other big teams who are obsessed with style of football. That said, Simeone's defensive tactics are a lot more proactive than Mourinho's and the intense pressing from the players can be very enjoyable to watch. His side have also shown that they can play very good possession based football like we saw at Stamford Bridge last season.

As long as he doesn't join another English club I'll be happy!

Yes, Simeone is a great coach. The great pressure exerted by Atletico de Madrid players play against their rivals is very admirable.

I also think Jose and Simeone are very similar. In fact, I think the strategy, philosophy and Simeone character closely resembles which he made Jose at Porto. A team very strong defensively, tactically very intelligent and a very similar winning mentality both Jose Mourinho's Porto and Atletico de Madrid Simeone.

If a coach in the world that resembles Jose, this is Simeone. In addition, he also uses mind games to despair his opponents.

I also think Simeone is one of the best coaches in the world. What Simeone has done with Atletico de Madrid is incredible, very similar to what Jose Mourinho did years with Porto winning everything in portugal, UEFA (Europe League) and especially the Champions League before he come with us.

But I did not change Jose to put Simeone With us. Jose is perfect for us, he understands us, he fully understands English football and has proved a genius in the tactical, emotional and competitive aspect. Jose has a perfect winning mentality, for me the best coach in history (he has practically won everything and has proved to be competitive in four different cultures as Portugal, England, Italy and Spain). Jose is one of ours.

But I think Simeone, although he insists that he is a great coach, a great part of its success is related to the union / empathy Simeone has to Altetico Madrid and his followers. Simeone is a emocianal legend for all fans of Atletico de Madrid. Probably if we asked every follower of Atletico de Madrid for their favorite player in the history of Atletico de Madrid, practically most followers would say "Cholo Simenone" (perhaps with Luis Aragones and Fernando Tores, but first Simeone). Simeone is a great coach, but he has achieved much success thanks to the support of fans, which is spectacular and it makes every game in his field (Vicente Calderon) hell for his rivals. Simeone knows the feelings of his fans and he knows he has to do to defend them coming you a sense of paroxysm.

In addition, Simeone has interpreted very well the situation of crisis currently is living Spain, and people support the Atletico de Madrid because they see them at of the people team. In a country where many live wasting money (like he always does Real Madrid), Atletico de Madrid is a team with players with a very low salary (about the world of football) and having to work much more than Real Madrid or Barcelona to win any title.

In a country like Spain where many people are desperate because they do not have money to be guaranteed every day food on your table because of the pace of life that few Spaniards led for many years thanks to the privileges that those few Spaniards had as they have stolen so much money to spend on luxuries embarrassing, many people in Spain has been identified with Atletico de Madrid and practically the vast majority of Spaniards have supported the Atletico de Madrid for being a team with which they identify emotionally.

Simeone has managed to understand the circumstances, the empathy he has with the followers of Atletico de Madrid and empathy with the Spanish people, to create an environment that has allowed him to have a support from the fans and their own players as I've never seen anyone do. Simeone has gotten close to the heart of the entire environment which surrounds him, and he has caught the big winner and competitive personality he has.

Simeone has managed to get his football philosophy has been internalized by the followers of Atletico de Madrid and many Spaniards.

I doubt that Simeone could create the same situation of empathy in England because he does not know English culture just as he knows the Spanish culture and philosophy of Atletico de Madrid. Move this empathy to another culture and another league I think is quite complicated.

I think eventually will train Simeone Argentina in the World Cup 2018, which may be the world last for Messi with Argentina (he will have 31 years old), and probably Simeone will want to take the opportunity to win the World Cup with Argentina training a player like Messi. Simeone also is a legend in Argentina and he could bring that emotional empathy to Argentina team.

When the level of demand is as high as that experienced the biggest teams in their league and in the Champions League, many trophies are defined by small details, are the small aspects that make the difference between success or failure.

I, of course, do not say that Simeone has won many titles in the last years and he has come to Altetico Madrid so far in many competitions just only for the emotional component and the degree of empathy that Simeone has generated, but I think this factor is one of those small details that impel a team to glory.

I apologize to the forum administrators for I have made any comments on the political / economic situation in Spain. It is best not to mix football and politics, but I think it's important to have a sociological point of view of the situation brought about by the arrival of Simeone at Atletico de Madrid.

I just think the point of view of someone who lives in Spain could be interesting. Also I have a university degree in political science and sociology and just start working on sociological studies and also related to justice (also I have a university degree in law, in Spain now you need very many studies to find some work) this year and the theme of the emotional impact of Simeone in Spanish society to me is fascinating.

Agree.

I would say that the greatest manager are all very subjective matters. If you ask Atletico fans, they might say Simeone, us Mourinho, Barca fans Guardiola, and so on.

Other case if someone who want to compare manager in terms of how many trophy they have won, as it is divide by different competitive leagues, and so on, I wouldn't think we could have a 'fair' comparison for that.

I think Simeone is great manager, but I will be convinced if he could do what he did at Atletico for other teams also, like Jose. But no doubt he is 'The Special One' for Atletico.

Why? Well there are a few reasons. One, you stated it yourself, its his relationship with the club. He's a god here. Another, more important reason is that we've got a special side and Mourinho was the one to mold it. He knows what he wants from everyone and he knows how to get it. If we get Simeone or anyone else it'll be a long process before he gets to make the team he wants.

OK.. but all I'm saying is, Jose is not one of greatest because he did great things at Porto but because he continued to do it everywhere else he went. Klopp did great things at BVB, yet unless he manages do it somewhere else he will not be considered as good as Jose, Sir Alex or Pep. In my opinion, the same goes for Simeone

unnamed.png

Paranoid? no, no, no, he is Special One.

I do not know if they tell paranoid to Jose or the situation with which he describes the treatment given to us. I hope no one is insulting to Jose (The cover of this newspaper is a shame).

This shows that if there is a campaign against to Jose, is not normal that kind of words to anyone excepting to to Jose. He just is defending us.

But the truth is that to Jose with his mind games has made everyone talk about him, our players feel no pressure and referees to arbitrate us from now they feel a lot of pressure.

Paranoid? no, no, no, he is Special One.

unnamed.png

What a fucking joke of a newspaper.

So far Jose hasn't said anything that isn't in front of everyone to see.

Just look at the deal with Lampard for example, anyone can see Man City has been making a mockery of the FFP rules. And the same thing goes to referee decisions. How many points have we lost so far because of them, when compared to City?

How can it be paranoia when everyone else can see?

yes because Salah has been so important for us this season that we need to spend big to replace him. :lol:

Thats not the point. If we want to be successful and save money then we shouldn't buy squad players. Just get class and quality, don't go out and spend 15-20M on a player who'll warm the bench.

This is also a way to improve the squad and competition for places.

1525277_1290772964296250_775703163159778

The haters and worshipers are just ridicules.

They go from one extreme to another!

We have our ups and down but ultimate is what happens at the end.

What's the point of playing amazing all season and then go like Arsenal and fall apart by March?

The real critics will ultimate wait till the end of the season to pass judgments, and thus not fall under the "haters" "worshipers" category if you can call it that...

Thats not the point. If we want to be successful and save money then we shouldn't buy squad players. Just get class and quality, don't go out and spend 15-20M on a player who'll warm the bench.

This is also a way to improve the squad and competition for places.

Problem is, you can only field 11 players. Having class and quality increases competition, agreed, however it can be a disruption too.. You can't keep rotating the team to keep everyone happy, it can lead to confusion and plain disgruntlement. That's why I admire what Mourinho has actually built here, the egos that disrupted AVB et al have all been broken up.