The Mourinho Thread

Jose Mourinho should leave us alone... hopefully we'll face Chelsea in Europe, says leading Real Madrid figure

Mourinho recently criticised Real Madrid's first team stars by saying he had missed being in love with his players during his time at the Santiago Bernabeu.

And his latest remark appears to have angered a senior Real Madrid star. Speaking to Marca, the unnamed player said: 'Hopefully we'll face him in the Champions League. If we reach the final, here's hoping it's against Chelsea. Then we'll do our talking.

'a senior Real Madrid star', guess who? :rolleyes:

He got it wrong today with the line up. I understand that we had to freshen up the team due to the hectic schedule but soto have the best/2nd best defensive record in the league and we usually struggle against defensively resilient teams. this was not the game to play Schurle and Mikel. Heck those two would have been better off playing against westham instead.

Tactically and logically it was not the right thing to do. It was too little too late in the end. I also felt Remy should have been introduced much earlier instead of Drogba and Costa should ahve been taken off as he was having a poor game and adding nothing to the attack.

The momentum is firmly in City's court now and they show no signs of stopping.

He got it wrong today with the line up. I understand that we had to freshen up the team due to the hectic schedule but soto have the best/2nd best defensive record in the league and we usually struggle against defensively resilient teams. this was not the game to play Schurle and Mikel. Heck those two would have been better off playing against westham instead.

Tactically and logically it was not the right thing to do. It was too little too late in the end. I also felt Remy should have been introduced much earlier instead of Drogba and Costa should ahve been taken off as he was having a poor game and adding nothing to the attack.

No. People always bitch about the lineup, no matter what.

Looks that way unfortunately - luckily for them they've had an easy run of games so all their strikers being injured hasn't made any difference at all.

We've had what seems like a great first half of the season and yet City are only 1 point behind which is worrying.

That's one of his faults, Jose. Messing up the starting XI. But in theory, the line-up made some sense today. It's the lack of decisive changes which is unlike Mourinho. Drogba shouldn't be coming on before Remy, he just shouldn't. His close control and passing for one is not up to scratch with the rest of the team. The ball was bouncing off him like crazy. Also Mikel should have been off earlier, as should have been the below par Costa, though I understand why Jose persisted with him. And Oscar should have at least been on the bench (though he's another who has been average recently).

Still what can you do when the ref is a fucking slime ball cheating cunt? Not much.

The firsthalf was wasted without oscar and Willian energy.

Our subs are not good enough. Once a player is missing from our team, we don't win. Mancity can play without yaya or fernadinho or Nasri or kompany or silva or aguero and their subs still do the job. If we rest any of our starters we perform below par.

Mancity have the better squad and its showing in this festive period.

I thought Jose's XI today was fine, and we certainly reacted in the right way after going down and after HT. Just unlucky today. Not going to complain about anything Jose did tbh, doesn't deserve it for this game because we played well enough to win it, just wasn't our day.

People will always moan about the starting XI when we don't win. Can't be helped I guess. You could say we were unlucky today but on the other hand, we made life difficult by almost trying to walk the ball into the net. :doh: Southampton's best chance came because Terry, pathetically, dropped way too deep and played Mane onside. :doh:

Looks that way unfortunately - luckily for them they've had an easy run of games so all their strikers being injured hasn't made any difference at all.

We've had what seems like a great first half of the season and yet City are only 1 point behind which is worrying.

They could go ahead of us on the table before Aguero even returns which is quite scary and Sergio isn't the type of striker that needs a run of games in roder to get going. If I was a betting man, I wouldn't be punting on us to win the league as things stand that's for sure.