The Mourinho Thread

i feel, even if it had not worked, jose did make the right calls.

there is a poster above who says "jose reminded him of rafa" and i say that is utter bullshit. jose had the balls of taking the risk and going all out for the win. all rafa would have done would have been like for like changes, and we ultimately would have dropped 2 or 3 points. jose knew that it would have been his head on the block if norwich had scored in a counter after taking off cole, yet, he made the right decision of going for the 3 points , as he knew how important a win would be. simply shows that he puts the team ahead of himself.

Well, it worked. As you might have seen, I do not feel Jose is infallible, but one thing I admire about him is his boldness to try to win games at any repercussion. Against manures, he should have tried the same, I feel. Manures are ready for picking, these days.

As for the poster, I refuse to get involved into his dribbles.

Well, it worked. As you might have seen, I do not feel Jose is infallible, but one thing I admire about him is his boldness to try to win games at any repercussion. Against manures, he should have tried the same, I feel. Manures are ready for picking, these days.

As for the poster, I refuse to get involved into his dribbles.

exactly...

Watching the replay of Spurs getting beaten was awesome.

As for Chelsea and Mourinho, can't wait for the match against City...it should provide a good indication of how much progress we've made this season.

Well, as we all know, Chelsea vs Citeh. Somehow, Chelsea did not manage very well against them.

As for Chelsea´s progress, I still think the club has many miles to go yet.

Jose after the match (slightly taken out of context): "When I make a sub, it's always brilliant"

LMAO Typical Jose :lol:

LOLOLOL! I am going to check it out! He makes post match interview so exciting! They're worth watching it and aren't just managers fulfilling a formality!

'So, in this moment of my career, my challenge is to give everything I have to one club and stay in that club for as long as that club wants because, from a personal point of view, there is no more motivation for adventures or for new experiences.

'My motivation now is to build stability for this club and it is something new also for me that I want very much to do.'

Mourinho is only saying that to take the pressure of his players, he is probably at Cobham now telling them we are going to win the title at Anfield :lol:

But seriously, i highly doubt Mourinho isn't looking at the other team's this season and smelling blood.

He'd be a fool not to!

“He was the translator when he arrived,” says a senior member of staff at Barcelona who worked with the pair. “But he was also assistant coach. The two roles were incompatible and that became apparent after just two or three press conferences. Rather than translate Mr Robson’s words, Mourinho would add his own opinions. He’d protect his boss as well – he’d have arguments with journalists. We had to pull him back from translating.”

"Jose was to prove a marvellous asset, covering my back and looking after me while building up a good rapport with the players of the three clubs we have been at together. Whenever I needed his support he was there, even though it often meant putting himself in the firing line.

---- I love this about him. The way he sticks up for his boss here reminds me of how much he sticks up for his players now.

Fully agree with this, he may cause controversies with other manager and pick fights, but he has always appreciated the people like Van Gaal and Robson who nurtured him, compare that to AVB who is obsessed with Guardiola (who he has no connection to) and takes sly digs at Jose at every available opportunity.

Fully agree with this, he may cause controversies with other manager and pick fights, but he has always appreciated the people like Van Gaal and Robson who nurtured him, compare that to AVB who is obsessed with Guardiola (who he has no connection to) and takes sly digs at Jose at every available opportunity.

Exactly, those people respected him even though he was always so outspoken. They gave him the stepping stones to become who he is. It's hard to respect people how don't respect you; AVB doesn't respect what mou did for him so mou doesn't respect him anymore.

Jose got lucky yesterday, but that's what happens when you take risks. When we made the changes we gave Norwich a sniff and actually lost a fair amount of control that we had in the game but in that chaos we also created chances for ourself. That's why the supporters love this guy, because he has balls.

Rafa would've maintained the same system but made personnel changes whereas Jose is wiling to completely change the shape of the team and give the opposition something new to think about. It's risky but it's compelling and I'd take that over a 1-1 draw any day of the week.

I agree, but to be fair, Rafa didn't have the options Jose has. Hazard and Willian off the bench is not the same as Marin and Benayoun.