The Mourinho Thread

Thats it. Whats the point of buying 10 attacking players to go to Old Tradford to get a drawn. Some people are even claiming Mourinho when to his match to get a 0-0. Thats pretty weird. Whats more strange is if Benitez was our manager today people would be saying:

-Benitez is garbage, he left Lukaku on the bench.

-This guy is crazy, he left Mata on the bench.

-Many talents and playing a defensive football.

Many things to improve, I really dont see De Bruyne as player start big matches like this, and leaving Mata the entire match on the bench was far from a wise decision. It makes me wonder about Mourinhos tactics against Liverpool in 4 UCL semi-final games, when Chelsea had the better squad but he opted for a defensive tactic. Liverpool was 5th in PL in 2005 and the team could not score a single goal. I hope Mourinho changed his approach in these kind of matches, I hope this was just an unusual game.

edit: watching his interview, it seems he thought the team would be more dangerous, but the players made a lot of mistakes, but I still dont get the fact De Bruyne played instead of Mata.

Whilst I am not defending or talking about the subs/team selection, I feel that this early on in the season, where the attacking players have not gelled yet and we still don't have a proper striker (Lukaku has not played with our team, so we really do not know anything for certain), it may not have been the worst mindset in the world to get a draw.

If this match had been played 4-6 weeks later, I'm sure we would have been more adventurous.

You can't blame the manager when some of our players cant do simple things like dribble and pass the ball. Hazard/KDB/Andre/Oscar were all woeful today. our defense were solid at the back. our creative/attacking players let us down today.

I agree they were not good but the system was not good for them either.

The build-up from the back is slow, very static.

The opponents doesn't need to be a genius to disturb it and it can pack players on our creative players as no one from the back will move and carry the ball forward.

I dont know abt all u guys, but i wanted to punch Jose right on his face when he was giving his post match interview ... He got it all wrong and thats simple as it can be ... If this was Rafa we would have raped him till now but just because it is Jose we are like blinded. He wants to use Mata on the right, a player who pulled the strings in the middle for almost the last 2 seasons, a player who makes everyone look better around him is the one who will play on the right. Hell ya!

I dont know abt all u guys, but i wanted to punch Jose right on his face when he was giving his post match interview ... He got it all wrong and thats simple as it can be ... If this was Rafa we would have raped him till now but just because it is Jose we are like blinded. He wants to use Mata on the right, a player who pulled the strings in the middle for almost the last 2 seasons, a player who makes everyone look better around him is the one who will play on the right. Hell ya!

punch him in the face, heh??

tell me how he got his tactics wrong??? we were playing the CHAMPIONS of england in their own backyard. OLD TRAFFORD. and this team would have put their heart and soul in, to get a good result. he got a couple of players wrong, but his tactics were right. mata could not have been brought on. there was no point of bringing him on. with mata we would have controlled the game and let united counter us, this was EXACTLY the type of thing jose dint want to do last night. the way oscar played in the center, man -marking carrick thru out the game, do u actually think mata could have done that? NO, not evn one-tenth of it. with the tactics that we used yesterday, mata would have been as useful to us as he was against bayern or barca.

so no one is blinded. people accept that jose made a mistake by not playing lukaku, but mata (specially the one that played against villa, the same one who every1 said was pathetic on that day), was no option for today.

we have a big squad we very different types of players. and jose used that versatility of the squad to gain us a point.

tell me how he got his tactics wrong??? we were playing the CHAMPIONS of england in their own backyard. OLD TRAFFORD. and this team would have put their heart and soul in, to get a good result. he got a couple of players wrong, but his tactics were right. mata could not have been brought on. there was no point of bringing him on. with mata we would have controlled the game and let united counter us, this was EXACTLY the type of thing jose dint want to do last night. the way oscar played in the center, man -marking carrick thru out the game, do u actually think mata could have done that? NO, not evn one-tenth of it. with the tactics that we used yesterday, mata would have been as useful to us as he was against bayern or barca.

so no one is blinded. people accept that jose made a mistake by not playing lukaku, but mata (specially the one that played against villa, the same one who every1 said was pathetic on that day), was no option for today.

we have a big squad we very different types of players. and jose used that versatility of the squad to gain us a point.

Firstly tell me how he was right? Every one has been saying that to win the title we are a striker away yet we didnt play one yest ... U think Schrulle/Hazard/Oscar did a decent job, they were lost at times... we were more like headless chicken ... Coming to the CHAMPIONS of England, just because they are champions would u give them that much respect? .. Do u want Chelsea to be the champions again or not? These are games which makes the difference.

United hasnt got a better side than ours i sure u agree with it, so why the hell be so defensive and scared. I dont get it .. so as per u we didnt wanted to control the game we just wanted to man mark players and keep falling back? Mata could have controlled the game and would have created options up ahead for goals and counter could have been tackled by our defense (each counter would get u goals) and honestly i would rather control the game than worry about the counters. And yes i think Mata could have man marked Carrick.

I keep saying with this team we shouldnt be aiming for a draw but to win because that what Champions do ... rest your happy with a point, i m not ...

I agree, you don't want the most famous counter attacking side, counter attacking against you.

We must thank Jose for taking Carrick seriously unlike some people......

What worries me is that will we not play the same attacking football we used to anymore?

The whole point of this side was to play entertaining football and this is something I've really enjoyed.

So wouldn't the team go to waste if we were to play negative football?

Firstly tell me how he was right? Every one has been saying that to win the title we are a striker away yet we didnt play one yest ... U think Schrulle/Hazard/Oscar did a decent job, they were lost at times... we were more like headless chicken ... Coming to the CHAMPIONS of England, just because they are champions would u give them that much respect? .. Do u want Chelsea to be the champions again or not? These are games which makes the difference.

United hasnt got a better side than ours i sure u agree with it, so why the hell be so defensive and scared. I dont get it .. so as per u we didnt wanted to control the game we just wanted to man mark players and keep falling back? Mata could have controlled the game and would have created options up ahead for goals and counter could have been tackled by our defense (each counter would get u goals) and honestly i would rather control the game than worry about the counters. And yes i think Mata could have man marked Carrick.

I keep saying with this team we shouldnt be aiming for a draw but to win because that what Champions do ... rest your happy with a point, i m not ...

are u that ignorant? yes i want chelsea to be the champions again, and these type of RESULTS are what make you champions. that is what united have done for the past years and that is what we used to do in 2004-05. this is what an away game is like.

would u have wanted us to fall back 2 goals to united AGAIN, because that is exactly how well our defence could deal with them.

let me refresh your memory

united vs chelsea 3-1

chelsea vs united 3-3

chelsea vs united 2-3

chelsea vs united (coc) 5-4

united vs chelsea (fa cup) 2-2

the last 2 fixtures that we played against united should barely count because the SB FA cup fixture was played immediately afte united lost their CL match to RM and even during the match it was obvious that they dint give a shit. and the last match was a dead rubber which dint mean anything to them.

these scorelines tell how exactly how adept our defence is to play against the united counters.

everton dont have a better side than any of chelsea, arsenal, tot, manchesters and yet the goodison park trip is considered to be one of the worst ones. why? because that is what an away fixture can do to you. and this was the champions for heaven's sake.

as for mata man-marking carrick argument goes, who are we kidding? do you remember toure's run against us where mata just let him pass. even i love mata but his defensive frivolities simply dint make him a starter for me. (also dont forget that the majority of us dint put mata in our starting 11 before the match started, we just wanted a sub role for him, which would have been silly considering, the way we were playing and were setup to play). so jose made the right decision by not letting in mata (not saying the same about lukaku, though), and yes I am very happy with a point because even at the start of the match, i would have predicted a draw for us. more so, i am happy that united dint win last night and now they have to play pool away and city in 2 weeks' time, still totally unsure of themselves.

What worries me is that will we not play the same attacking football we used to anymore?

The whole point of this side was to play entertaining football and this is something I've really enjoyed.

So wouldn't the team go to waste if we were to play negative football?

What worries me is the fact that Luiz, Azpi, Mata, Hazard, Ramires might be wasted with Mourinho's football philosophy.

For me they were very important to execute the game plan of Benitez.

They are the players with the most spanish dna that don't mix well with Mourinho way of playing.

The number of plastic fans on this forum is quite intimidating. how long have you lot have been supporting this club? let me guess, you support another team in La liga and serie A while Chelsea is your club in England. most people here are fanboys of certain players. it's ridiculous. it's either that or this forum is filled wth 12-16 year old kids.

The number of plastic fans on this forum is quite intimidating. how long have you lot have been supporting this club? let me guess, you support another team in La liga and serie A while Chelsea is your club in England. most people here are fanboys of certain players. it's ridiculous. it's either that or this forum is filled wth 12-16 year old kids.

Hey!

I don't have any problem whatsoever.

The problem is that we already know Mourinho, and we do know that sometimes he is so afraid of losing, that he makes it difficult to win.

Generally yes but in this very case alone, circumstances dictated his approach to the game.