The Mourinho Thread

Ignorant? r u kidding me ... In all the past record United had Fergie as the master mind which is not the case now ... we have a better setup than what we had so why ponder on what happ in the past, r we going to play the defense game because of what happened in the past and continue that way, huh! Or are we going to step up and take the champions in their own den to make a statement.

Anyways, like i said u think a point is good whereas i dont because i expect more from my team ... simple as that!

so u think moyes is so inept that he could not have countered our play? tell me one reason why we needed to take the champions in their own den to make a statement. all the pundits, fans, every1 knows that after city we have the strongest squad. infact it was united who needed to take the game to us. moyes' first home game, that too against fellow title contenders. we were set up to counter united but even they dint over commit and were happy with a point. why should we have gone all in and all guns blazing at the home on the champions?

so u think moyes is so inept that he could not have countered our play? tell me one reason why we needed to take the champions in their own den to make a statement. all the pundits, fans, every1 knows that after city we have the strongest squad. infact it was united who needed to take the game to us. moyes' first home game, that too against fellow title contenders. we were set up to counter united but even they dint over commit and were happy with a point. why should we have gone all in and all guns blazing at the home on the champions?

Why not? U have a squad which is better than there's ... so why wouldnt u not take the fight to them ... it is not only about making a statement, it is about getting 3 points ... U think United would come and play a defensive game at the Bridge? Despite the fact they were bad we were trying to be better than them in being worse... The tactics and the team selection could had been simple in order to keep us in the pole positions to win and i m not the only one saying it ... Most of the analysts and pandits were baffled with the selection and game play, most of the United fans were scared that Chelsea would get the better of them (it is a different story that they are laughing it out after the match) ....

Attack is the best form of defense specially when your equipped will the tools ... United have being doing that without proper tool i dont see why we could not have and play such a negative game ... U need to play the game to your strength, thats what champions do!

Why not? U have a squad which is better than there's ... so why wouldnt u not take the fight to them ... it is not only about making a statement, it is about getting 3 points ... U think United would come and play a defensive game at the Bridge? Despite the fact they were bad we were trying to be better than them in being worse... The tactics and the team selection could had been simple in order to keep us in the pole positions to win and i m not the only one saying it ... Most of the analysts and pandits were baffled with the selection and game play, most of the United fans were scared that Chelsea would get the better of them (it is a different story that they are laughing it out after the match) ....

Attack is the best form of defense specially when your equipped will the tools ... United have being doing that without proper tool i dont see why we could not have and play such a negative game ... U need to play the game to your strength, thats what champions do!

no that is not what champions do. do u think bayern had the ball against barca, as much as they had against other teams. NO. you have to change your game as per the opposition. you cant just mindlessly go into every game, irrespective of the opposition or where you are playing and who you are playing. life is not fifa. in a 38 match league, chelsea will have to sacrifice their attacking instinct many times. and that is what THE CHAMPIONS DO.

did you see the united vs swansea game. how much ball did united have. 35% compared to swansea's 65%. united let swansea play in the middle of the park, commit men to the attack and then countered their asses off. thats the stuff of champions. being champions means adapting ursekf to the situation (unless u r barca).

what game did united play when they came to the bridge last year. they were defensive. they had all the 10 men in their own half from the 1st minute itself, and then they countered. 2 counters = 2 goals and then it was literally back to the wall stuff from them. if you remember correctly for 30-35 minutes, united could not get the ball out of their own half. and that is what home and away fixtures mean.

as for pundits , i just saw motd and alan shearer agreed with jose. micheal owen and whoever was there on espn agreed with jose. and if you are getting so bothered about pundits and united fans, you are going to have a very hard time supporting chelsea, because no matter what we do is never good enough for those guys and the media.

How were we not playing to our strengths? Not many teams can say that they held Utd and Villa to such little shots on goal.

Utd's defense was set up to disallow the front four to play the way you want them to play. They were so tight, there was no way we were gonna get passed them.

Was analysts were baffled with the game play? Only people who don't know Mourinhos style were baffled. I can see you being one of those people in the crowd yelling at the team to attack, attack, attack and moaning when the ball gets passed back.

no that is not what champions do. do u think bayern had the ball against barca, as much as they had against other teams. NO. you have to change your game as per the opposition. you cant just mindlessly go into every game, irrespective of the opposition or where you are playing and who you are playing. life is not fifa. in a 38 match league, chelsea will have to sacrifice their attacking instinct many times. and that is what THE CHAMPIONS DO.

did you see the united vs swansea game. how much ball did united have. 35% compared to swansea's 65%. united let swansea play in the middle of the park, commit men to the attack and then countered their asses off. thats the stuff of champions. being champions means adapting ursekf to the situation (unless u r barca).

what game did united play when they came to the bridge last year. they were defensive. they had all the 10 men in their own half from the 1st minute itself, and then they countered. 2 counters = 2 goals and then it was literally back to the wall stuff from them. if you remember correctly for 30-35 minutes, united could not get the ball out of their own half. and that is what home and away fixtures mean.

as for pundits , i just saw motd and alan shearer agreed with jose. micheal owen and whoever was there on espn agreed with jose. and if you are getting so bothered about pundits and united fans, you are going to have a very hard time supporting chelsea, because no matter what we do is never good enough for those guys and the media.

There is difference in adjusting your game play and being totally negative, playing to your strength and focusing more on other's tactics. I m not saying just go all out ... i m saying u play to your strength and not restore to negative tactics ... u need to play your game! The reason United were defensive at the start but they did open up their game and won it eventually despite being the second best, Are u going to deploy such negative tactics against all the team who would be countering ...

I m not getting bothered by the pundits and analysts, i just took their reference because u bought them up ...

I have been a Blues fan for the last 15 years and would remains one no matter what happens ... As a fan i have my opinions and judgement and based on it I didnt find my team delivering to our standards, so i have the right to be frustrated and angry with the same.

How were we not playing to our strengths? Not many teams can say that they held Utd and Villa to such little shots on goal.

Utd's defense was set up to disallow the front four to play the way you want them to play. They were so tight, there was no way we were gonna get passed them.

Was analysts were baffled with the game play? Only people who don't know Mourinhos style were baffled. I can see you being one of those people in the crowd yelling at the team to attack, attack, attack and moaning when the ball gets passed back.

How were playing to our strengths? By deploying negative tactics, by playing long balls in the hope that something happens, We didnt even have 5 proper pass in a row ... Vidic, Ferdinand, De gea slept for most of the game they didnt even come into play...

Where the hell the analysts have come into play here ...

U know Mourinhos style, good for u ... I didnt agree with it .. simple and sweet!

And Atleast u can see me in the crowd being after my team, supporting it and criticizing when needed unlike people who would just close their eyes and assuming everything is hanky ponky because we have recruited Jose...

I repeat .. U r happy with a point, i respect that where as i m not happy with it ... now if u dont understand that, i m sorry i cant help it ... so lets stop categorizing!

There is difference in adjusting your game play and being totally negative, playing to your strength and focusing more on other's tactics. I m not saying just go all out ... i m saying u play to your strength and not restore to negative tactics ... u need to play your game! The reason United were defensive at the start but they did open up their game and won it eventually despite being the second best, Are u going to deploy such negative tactics against all the team who would be countering ...

I m not getting bothered by the pundits and analysts, i just took their reference because u bought them up ...

I have been a Blues fan for the last 15 years and would remains one no matter what happens ... As a fan i have my opinions and judgement and based on it I didnt find my team delivering to our standards, so i have the right to be frustrated and angry with the same.

yes, i am sure jose will deploy such tactics against all team who have as good in countering as united. even villa is good in countering (ask arenal), with the likes of weimann, gabriel and benteke upfront, but we did try to play our own game, because it made sense. against united it would have been suicidal. united with persie, welbeck, rooney and valencia were set up to counter us, and they would have ripped apart our defense which is half as slow as them. instead we disrupted united;s game plan, and it was pretty evident by the way they played. jose forced them out of their comfort zone, which was what good managers do.

also we were NOT totally negative. if jose wanted to be totally negative, then we would have fielded a mid-field 3 of lamps, rambo, mikel. we were set up to counter but united themselves dint want an open game. hence we settled for a draw. there is a difference in being defensive and being negative.

yes, i am sure jose will deploy such tactics against all team who have as good in countering as united. even villa is good in countering (ask arenal), with the likes of weimann, gabriel and benteke upfront, but we did try to play our own game, because it made sense. against united it would have been suicidal. united with persie, welbeck, rooney and valencia were set up to counter us, and they would have ripped apart our defense which is half as slow as them. instead we disrupted united;s game plan, and it was pretty evident by the way they played. jose forced them out of their comfort zone, which was what good managers do.

also we were NOT totally negative. if jose wanted to be totally negative, then we would have fielded a mid-field 3 of lamps, rambo, mikel. we were set up to counter but united themselves dint want an open game. hence we settled for a draw. there is a difference in being defensive and being negative.

That your opinion and i respect that ... but do i agree with u, No i dont ... just like u dont with me ...

The think is your being defensive about the game play and i m being very critical ... U wouldnt bulge from your stand and i wouldnt from mine ... this would end up in arguments and finger pointing as it has already happened... So u be happy with that the one point earned while let me be critical with the one point gifted.

That your opinion and i respect that ... but do i agree with u, No i dont ... just like u dont with me ...

The think is your being defensive about the game play and i m being very critical ... U wouldnt bulge from your stand and i wouldnt from mine ... this would end up in arguments and finger pointing as it has already happened... So u be happy with that the one point earned while let me be critical with the one point gifted.

accepted.

FC Bayern München and Chelsea FC have confirmed their pre-match media activity at the Stadion Eden in Prague on Thursday 29 August, ahead of the UEFA Super Cup the following evening.

Chelsea will hold their media conference at 15.00, followed by an open training session at 15.45.