The Mourinho Thread

nope. finishing is THE most important aspect of the game.you cant keep anelka on the bench, start torres over him, and then complain about finishing.

also barca and bayern and so many matches against arsenal where we defended for our lives then pinged the ball to DD who scored and we won. united on that day were better in almost every aspect of the game than us.

Don't think I disagreed with what you said there. Just meant had we converted all those chances we got then, a draw wouldn't be an unfair result.

Yes but that game was a footballing injustice.

The number of plastic fans on this forum is quite intimidating. how long have you lot have been supporting this club? let me guess, you support another team in La liga and serie A while Chelsea is your club in England. most people here are fanboys of certain players. it's ridiculous. it's either that or this forum is filled wth 12-16 year old kids.

This post is so contradictory, cause if it wasn't for Roman cash most of us here would know shit about Chelsea!

More then half of the people on this forum are plastic fans if you go by that.

But the reality is...... Who gives a shit!

Everyone has the options to pick whatever club they want and voice their opinion as long as there is not insulting or racist remarks.

What worries me is that will we not play the same attacking football we used to anymore?

The whole point of this side was to play entertaining football and this is something I've really enjoyed.

So wouldn't the team go to waste if we were to play negative football?

It's far too early to be saying all that, Benitez had a reputation as a defensive coach but we were hardly defensive (apart from the City games) under him,

Plus this Jose is a negative manager is a myth, he goes defensive often in big games in order to get a positive result, but he is not a negative manager, no chance.

when was the last time we played really good attacking style football against a good team.

Manchester United at Old Trafford under AVB and we ........ lost

Arsenal at home under AVB and we ummmmmmm lost.

Results > tika taka.

Manchester United at Old Trafford under AVB and we ........ lost

Arsenal at home under AVB and we ummmmmmm lost.

Results > tika taka.

lol

We never playe tika taka under AVB. Its really sad that people nowadays believe that playing good football is the same as playing tik taka. We had some good games under Benitez, specially the 3 matches against MU.

lol

We never playe tika taka under AVB. Its really sad that people nowadays believe that playing good football is the same as playing tik taka. We had some good games under Benitez, specially the 3 matches against MU.

It was tongue in cheek, i should have phrased it better.

lol

u mean a dead rubber where ramires tackles rooney,lamps collects the ball, 3-4 touches on the ball, plays it to mata who tries to play it to torres, evans intercepts, ball comes back to mata, who passes to rambo, who takes about 3 touches then back flicks to oscar who passes to mata and we score. and in all this time rafael is no where to be seen in the picture. do u actually that would have happened today? that match meant nothing to united. on a couple of occasions in that match their full backs dint fall back, anderson had weight issues and was probably having a harder time controlling his belly than the football. do u actually think that this game was in anyway comparable to that.

as for the 2nd last game, united had come from the CL exit. it seemed they wanted to be anywhere except on the pitch. also we were dreadful in that victory at the bridge and a very awesome goal from ba decided a very cagey and poor game.

Ivanovic on Mourinho :

'It's a pleasure and amazing to work with him but in another way it is very difficult because he is looking for small details, and he is perfect in looking for details in the game, he's a perfectionist and you have to be ready for that,'

'He always asks you for one step, one run more, to give something extra for the team, and it's a pleasure.'

Great to have Jose here. He could push every player to do more and also gave them confidence in every match.

are u that ignorant? yes i want chelsea to be the champions again, and these type of RESULTS are what make you champions. that is what united have done for the past years and that is what we used to do in 2004-05. this is what an away game is like.

would u have wanted us to fall back 2 goals to united AGAIN, because that is exactly how well our defence could deal with them.

let me refresh your memory

united vs chelsea 3-1

chelsea vs united 3-3

chelsea vs united 2-3

chelsea vs united (coc) 5-4

united vs chelsea (fa cup) 2-2

the last 2 fixtures that we played against united should barely count because the SB FA cup fixture was played immediately afte united lost their CL match to RM and even during the match it was obvious that they dint give a shit. and the last match was a dead rubber which dint mean anything to them.

these scorelines tell how exactly how adept our defence is to play against the united counters.

everton dont have a better side than any of chelsea, arsenal, tot, manchesters and yet the goodison park trip is considered to be one of the worst ones. why? because that is what an away fixture can do to you. and this was the champions for heaven's sake.

as for mata man-marking carrick argument goes, who are we kidding? do you remember toure's run against us where mata just let him pass. even i love mata but his defensive frivolities simply dint make him a starter for me. (also dont forget that the majority of us dint put mata in our starting 11 before the match started, we just wanted a sub role for him, which would have been silly considering, the way we were playing and were setup to play). so jose made the right decision by not letting in mata (not saying the same about lukaku, though), and yes I am very happy with a point because even at the start of the match, i would have predicted a draw for us. more so, i am happy that united dint win last night and now they have to play pool away and city in 2 weeks' time, still totally unsure of themselves.

Ignorant? r u kidding me ... In all the past record United had Fergie as the master mind which is not the case now ... we have a better setup than what we had so why ponder on what happ in the past, r we going to play the defense game because of what happened in the past and continue that way, huh! Or are we going to step up and take the champions in their own den to make a statement.

Anyways, like i said u think a point is good whereas i dont because i expect more from my team ... simple as that!