Leon Bailey

On 06/02/2018 at 3:43 AM, BlueLyon said:

Ohh great, just one week too late. 

Yeah pissed if we don't get a sniff at signing this dude in da summer , hope the rumours he is a Chelsea blue are true may help ! Chuck in a loanee to sweeten the deal , get in quick ffs

Haven't seen him play.  but his name comes up on this article:

https://statsbomb.com/2018/02/taking-em-on-digging-deeper-with-dribbles/

Digging deeper in to dribble statistics.  He's 3rd on the list of Passes + shots after a dribble takes them in to the box.

Take a guess at who 1 an 2 are.

Well, #1 is so far ahead of the field, and probably not a surprise.

Such a fantastic talent. Obviously keep a huge eye on him because I am Jamaican myself. If he keeps level headed can see him surpassing Sterling and being a really top, top player. He is bloody electric and has everything. Pace, power/strength, dribbling and his technique is brilliant as evident by video above. He is capable of scoring long range screamers.

1 hour ago, Stats said:

Such a fantastic talent. Obviously keep a huge eye on him because I am Jamaican myself. If he keeps level headed can see him surpassing Sterling and being a really top, top player. He is bloody electric and has everything. Pace, power/strength, dribbling and his technique is brilliant as evident by video above. He is capable of scoring long range screamers.

do you think he's a bit like Robben what some Germans are saying? 

If he's to be compared to players, Robben looks a fine comparison, but Ronaldo's probably more accurate; from 3/4 seasons ago. Difference being Ronaldo & Bailey seem to offer far more power in their shots and far less close ball control.

Robben as godly as he can be, I'd never expect to carry a team. Bailey probably has more chance of being that player who inspires consistently, like Hazard.

Regardless who he's most like, these aren't bad names to be compared with.

He's a tremendous player and I think he's a Chelsea fan. . He was playing as a wingback at the beginning of the season but thankfully he's been reverted back to his original position as a winger.

We have to pull out all the stops to try and sign him. Not like I trust this club to do so but he's one of the absolute best young players in the world. 

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of things he would bring which I think we severely lack (along with a controlling presence in the midfield to dictate the game but I'll leave that for other topics) is raw pace and a direct nature running at players. Hazard and Willian give us it, but in my opinion we need far more of it and some youthful energy in our attack would certainly not be a bad thing.

If Hazard goes in the summer (and I would like to hope that he doesn't) then I would much rather us use his money to buy 2 or 3 players like this then try to go after a direct replacement in their prime. I could see us overpaying vastly for somebody like Mahrez or Zaha and they won't have a chance coming in as a direct replacement for Hazard. At least with a couple of younger players I think the fans would give them a lot more time to adjust and develop over a season or two when you can see the huge potential that they have.

When you talk of these such players you have to keep in mind exactly our potential standing at where we could be come May. The CL is going to be a massive struggle now, our form suggest we wont get close to it, yet we are talking of players like Fekir, Bailey and keeping Hazard....The harsh reality is, it will be more Drinkwater and Emerson's than these so called potential elite players we talk about.

We are falling from grace quickly, it gets noted and watched upon by these players. Couple that with the mentality and outlook of the board to save money every single window your in dreamland if you think we can attract the players mentioned here.

2 hours ago, Special Juan said:

When you talk of these such players you have to keep in mind exactly our potential standing at where we could be come May. The CL is going to be a massive struggle now, our form suggest we wont get close to it, yet we are talking of players like Fekir, Bailey and keeping Hazard....The harsh reality is, it will be more Drinkwater and Emerson's than these so called potential elite players we talk about.

We are falling from grace quickly, it gets noted and watched upon by these players. Couple that with the mentality and outlook of the board to save money every single window your in dreamland if you think we can attract the players mentioned here.

IMO, the board invests enough. But spending 95-100m on yoko, drinkwater and zappacosta makes all the money spent useless.  Could easily buy half the players for double the price and have much better results.

More and more I see this guy I think we need to sign him. Get it done this summer, regardless of manager, regardless of Hazard/Courtois, regardless of FFP, regardless of fucking anything. He has real lightening pace, a hell of a left foot and can play as a left or right winger, something we've been crying out for god knows how long. 

• 1 month later...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You