Leon Bailey

41 minutes ago, El P. said:

Isn't he like Martins-DjibrilCisse type of player? Really fast, great power, but no real technique (dribbling, ball control, passing etc)?

You haven't watched him play, this much I'm sure of.

29 minutes ago, El P. said:

I don't think Mbappes' close control is something great. I think it's ok, and combined with his insane speed and agression he looks like monster in wide areas. But I don't think he could be that great in crowded areas, like Hazard can.

But ok, it's different style, but I would always prefer more skilful players than those speed demons.

Hazard is probably in the top 3 in the world for dribbling! Doesn't mean that the likes of Mbappe and Bailey are not adept at it... Have you actually watched Mbappe play? this is such an absurd statement for anyone who's seen him play to make!

If he is at Mbappe close control level, I am pleased. If he is below that I don't like him - simple as that. Because when some injury (or age) kick their speed out, they are left with nothing. And when team closes down and puts bus, players like that tend to be useless.

Let me put it this way - I rate Mbappes' close control with lets say 85/100, Hazard is on 96. Mbappes' speed 95/100, Hazards' 88/100. I think Mbappe uses his pace when dribbling most of the time, not his skills and close control that much.

You can't operate in tight Premier league defences with speed only...

And if Bailey isn't good enough to rate him 84, I don't like him, and he SEEMED to me like one of those players couple of times I watched, but I might be wrong... Just my preference. :)

No point comparing him to Mbappe or Hazard or anybody. Somebody said Robben and that is more alike. Also Mbappe isn't good in close spaces? Seriously watch football guys.

Would be a good move I think. 40-45M is a decent fee for a player who could give us 10 years of games. 

22 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

No point comparing him to Mbappe or Hazard or anybody. Somebody said Robben and that is more alike. Also Mbappe isn't good in close spaces? Seriously watch football guys.

Would be a good move I think. 40-45M is a decent fee for a player who could give us 10 years of games. 

Never would Leverkusen sell at that price range....45m seems to be a good starting point.. But I think they would only sell between 55-60m price range... I just the rumoured interest in him is true... 

2 minutes ago, eemanyooel said:

Never would Leverkusen sell at that price range....45m seems to be a good starting point.. But I think they would only sell between 55-60m price range... I just the rumoured interest in him is true... 

I'd say a £50m will get the deal done. Lemar went to Ateli for £53 if im not mistaken. That should set the high side of the price He is only 22 already produced a league title in france + CL run + world cup winner. Malcolm would seem to set the low end of the price range between £40-45. somewhere between £45-50 gets the deal done and puts him right in between the two, he has done more than malcolm, but not nearly as much as lemar. All around the same age and player profile.

4 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

I'd say a £50m will get the deal done. Lemar went to Ateli for £53 if im not mistaken. That should set the high side of the price He is only 22 already produced a league title in france + CL run + world cup winner. Malcolm would seem to set the low end of the price range between £40-45. somewhere between £45-50 gets the deal done and puts him right in between the two, he has done more than malcolm, but not nearly as much as lemar. All around the same age and player profile.

Yeah... £50m should get the deal done but I just hope leverkusen will not prove hard nut to crack due to the fact they rated very much and I could see to that he is destined to be become a future super star... In addition they will be willing to sell to us due to his preference for us as fan and not be tapped by Bayern...

Just now, eemanyooel said:

Yeah... £50m should get the deal done but I just hope leverkusen will not prove hard nut to crack due to the fact they rated very much and I could see to that he is destined to be become a future super star... In addition they will be willing to sell to us due to his preference for us as fan and not be tapped by Bayern...

For sure, The german clubs are always very good to deal with it seems. The italian clubs seemingly take things personally, the germans are all business. They will have a price, no doubt near what we have discussed, and if we pay that price they will sell the player. Fingers crossed we can secure him, I am a big fan of the player.

When I said he reminds me of Mbappe I mean in terms of his insane pace and technique on the ball. Watch him on YouTube and what will immedietly jump out to you is his ability to beautify dribble the ball while sprinting at full speed. You'll also see the ease with which he can beat not just one, but multiple defenders with his skill.

I think he'd be devastating opposite Hazard in the PL. I'd be very worried if any of our rivals got him. United and Spuds for example are crying out for a player on their right sides. I truly hope he's on our radar and is a priority if Willian is sold.

I thought he was great. Bought the hype. Not so sure anymore. He looks to be treading water when he runs? Or is that just me. People say he is a speed demon but I think he's in the bracket below. Not in the same league as Dembele or Sane in terms of pace. Maybe Eden's kind of speed. His dribbling doesn't look as clean as Malcolm's for example. His dribbling style almost reminds me of Suarez or Tevez. Gritty and awkward. Anyway, my 2 cents without every seeing a game live and only ever highlights on YouTube. 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You