Chelsea v Man United

Jase

I think we need Iva to have aerial presence when defending corners, but we need Azpi's defensive ability to deal with Ashley Young's crosses. And we can't play him on the left as I don't want to see him trying to win an aerial duel at the posts with that geezer. We need Luis too as if they play Blind and Fellaini together on Hazard's side, Hazard will be squeezed out of the game so we'll need Luis to pull men away and allow him to work. So we'll have Iva as RW, Azpi RB, Luis LB.

Not sure if we'll need Zouma in midfield, but thinking about it it may be a good idea allowing Matic and Cesc to press higher.

And if that isn't enough, Oscar will be Cesc's replacement, especially if we're holding a lead.

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zouma, a defender in Midfield, when we have natural midfielders like matic, mikel and ramires available for selection. I can see Jose's overly cautious and unnecessarily negative approach and mindset is starting to rub off on some of our fans. It's contagious. I was just trying to digest the Zouma to play upfront as a target man upfront when there are other less drastic measures nonsense and now this. While we are at it, let's bench Hazard and play Luis on the left wing to counter the threat of their attackers.

I don't even get the whole appeal from a tactical stand-point of playing Zouma to nullify Fellaini's presence. Firstly its not even enough, secondly it is going to hurt how Chelsea will probably want to set up, which yes does include playing more defensive.

Zouma, a defender in Midfield, when we have natural midfielders like matic, mikel and ramires available for selection. I can see Jose's overly cautious and unnecessarily negative approach and mindset is starting to rub off on some of our fans. It's contagious. I was just trying to digest the Zouma to play upfront as a target man upfront when there are other less drastic measures nonsense and now this. While we are at it, let's bench Hazard and play Luis on the left wing to counter the threat of their attackers.

united have a big target man in fellaini. dont know if you have noticed that but he is really good in the air. we have mikel who has not played in god knows when. rambo is not what we need to counter fellaini, i am sure you can understand that.

I like how the entire forum is in awe of fellaini. In Matic we have a DM who does not need to be pushed high up the field because his height outshines his defending. Under normal circumstances any of our cbs should be able to cope with him.

On a different note, this clash will mark the start of a new era in EPL. Us and utd competing for the title with arsenal in third. So basically back to 2006-2011. Good they have no fergie anymore

Courtois

Iva Gary JT Azpi

Rambo Matic Cesc

Willian Remy Eden

Same setup as the COC final.

We tried Oscar-Matic-Cesc against Spurs and United and were outmuscled in midfield. Against United we were saved by Matic's brilliantness but right now he is not in the same form. Against Spurs, every knows what happened.

Some suggested Zouma as dm which is a good suggestion, but I think Mou would go with Rambo who is experienced in big games.

Have a feeling we'll lose rather heavily. Lately we've been playing average/awful teams and we've lost our way of playing even though we've been winning. United seem to be in the 'never give up' mood so I'm sure they'll fight till the end. Plus we've been conceding goals vs our former players so I expect mata to at least give an assist. Changing personnel around and bringing in zouma and obi one will only make us less fluid in an attacking sense. If josé sends the team out for training during the week to focus on attacking play, then I'm sure we have more than enough to beat them. But we all know how josé is and he'll probably make us play like we did vs PSG. We need to put pressure on their defense to make them feel like they'll have to defend more than attack.

Have a feeling we'll lose rather heavily. Lately we've been playing average/awful teams and we've lost our way of playing even though we've been winning. United seem to be in the 'never give up' mood so I'm sure they'll fight till the end. Plus we've been conceding goals vs our former players so I expect mata to at least give an assist. Changing personnel around and bringing in zouma and obi one will only make us less fluid in an attacking sense. If josé sends the team out for training during the week to focus on attacking play, then I'm sure we have more than enough to beat them. But we all know how josé is and he'll probably make us play like we did vs PSG. We need to put pressure on their defense to make them feel like they'll have to defend more than attack.

NO WAY!

We wont lose to them lot!