Chelsea v Man United

Jase

As much as Luis makes sense against a team like United I know damn well Ivanovic will be picked regardless of how shit he's been.

Ivanovic usually turns it up in big games, though. I can see why someone would want him dropped/rotated but this isn't the game for it IMO.

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see this as a 'curveball' option and surprise LVG. Luis and Cesar to play as wide wingbacks bombing forward, drilling crosses and coming back to help with defence. Also will open up more space for Hazard and Willian thus creating more opportunities near and inside the box.

I doubt it though given Mourinho's stubbornness and preference for 'Jose's XI'.

1238111_Chelsea.jpg

I don't understand your preference of playing wing backs? You had a similar line up for Qpr. Hazard and Willian track back fine, there's no need for 5 at the back. We need more midfielders in the central areas. We never play a crossing game

Ivanovic usually turns it up in big games, though. I can see why someone would want him dropped/rotated but this isn't the game for it IMO.

I don't know. They'll likely have both Blind and Young on his side who are always looking to burst forward. Ivanovic is terrible against pacey wingers.

They'll probably do the same thing they did to City yesterday. Ashley Young attacking down our right side and crossing it to Fellani at the far post.

Mikel. If he kept Crouch quite in the air, he can stop Fellaini.

They have won matches the past couple of season solely on seconds ball off Fellaini headers. Everton did it all the time. Unless we really are going to sit very deep, it's not something to just overlook, imo.

I really don't think Fellaini is playing as a midfielder at Utd. He is their target man in a 4-4-2.

I don't know. They'll likely have both Blind and Young on his side who are always looking to burst forward. Ivanovic is terrible against pacey wingers.

They'll probably do the same thing they did to City yesterday. Ashley Young attacking down our right side and crossing it to Fellani at the far post.

Blind isn't that fast. He has like 66 pace.

I really don't think Fellaini is playing as a midfielder at Utd. He is their target man in a 4-4-2.

And who will track him out of defense to challenge for headers? JT doesn't have the pace to do so and still recover, and Cahill doesn't have the awareness.

And who will track him out of defense to challenge for headers? JT doesn't have the pace to do so and still recover, and Cahill doesn't have the awareness.

That's for Jose to decide, I was just pointing out that its not our midfielders who will be responsible for challenging him in the air.

That's for Jose to decide, I was just pointing out that its not our midfielders who will be responsible for challenging him in the air.

Yeah but I was saying that Jose should make it the job of one of our midfielders to drop back into the hole on goal kicks or when their CBs have the ball with space.

Yeah but I was saying that Jose should make it the job of one of our midfielders to drop back into the hole on goal kicks or when their CBs have the ball with space.

and leave space in the midfield for Mata and Herrera to exploit? I'm not so sure we need to pay that much attention to Fellaini.

and leave space in the midfield for Mata and Herrera to exploit? I'm not so sure we need to pay that much attention to Fellaini.

Hmm Maybe. But after having the likes of Ballack, Lampard, Essien and Mikel in midfield for years, I'm always wary of our current lack of heading ability there :lol: