Chelsea v Man United

Jase

I don't see how Carrick is more dangerous than Fellani unless the game is stretched, very unlikely, in which case he could initiate a counter attack ... Fellani in the other hand, he is tough and a big presence in the penalty box. If Ivanovic fails to stop Ashely Young from running down the channel and making those crosses or they get a lot of corners, we are in a big trouble I'm afraid.

Which is why we should put Dave on the right. Geezer would nullify better.

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not worried about Fellaini, not worried about Mata and not worried about United at all. Our mentality took a huge boost after that QPR win for me, Jose will have the lads proper fired for this one and Hazard will tear them a new one and put United exactly in their place.

Bring the cunts on..... the title is in sight.

Fellaini will be dealt with by Matic. I'm not worried about this match to be fair, we just need to target Smalling and Jones and we'll win eventually.

the problem is not Fellani helping out in their organization or build up from the back. The problem is whenever Blind and A.Young are running down our right flank .. I'm sure, they will put the ball in to our box with every opportunity. By that time Fellani would not be Matic's problem because he's in our box against Gary or JT or even worse against Azpi

I like the idea of Zouma in midfield because he could also help out clearing aerial balls

I think Ashley Young can easily give Ivanovic a hard time. Ivanovic is solid, but sometimes this season he's had to chase shadows of wingers that can run faster than him... Fellaini is tough to mark in the air, and Rooney can pick out a pass well and can score himself.

... as for Mata? I do not wish to talk about him!

It's almost telling in some ways that whenever we play the big teams, we can pick out like 5-7 players who are a threat to us. But when we try to see which of our players can be a threat to them, there are only like 2-3 players to choose from - e.g. Hazard, Fabregas and Costa.

C'mon, just play the usual midfield. We should play to our strength, not the other way round. Attack when needed, defend when needed. Sometimes José need to have faith in his players. We dont need 5 defenders while playing at home. Liverpool even play with only 2 defenders (Skrtel and Sakho), as far as I know, Emr Can is a midfielder. Play midfielders in midfield, defenders at the back, strikers at the front.

IMO

It's almost telling in some ways that whenever we play the big teams, we can pick out like 5-7 players who are a threat to us. But when we try to see which of our players can be a threat to them, there are only like 2-3 players to choose from - e.g. Hazard, Fabregas and Costa.

It's true.

But look, we really only have Hazard, Fabregas and Diego/Remy who are a threat. They don't have to worry about Willian - he's not a danger. They don't have to worry about Matic and Mikel/Zouma - they're defensive midfielder. They don't have to worry about our full-backs in Azpilicueta and Ivanovic who are highly ineffective.

The only solution is to put Filipe in the side and then they have another one to deal with.

While we have to keep an eye on their both full-backs, Young, Mata, Fellaini, Herrera, Rooney ...

Can anyone remind me how the hell we're first since August with such minimal danger in our side ?

It's true.

But look, we really only have Hazard, Fabregas and Diego/Remy who are a threat. They don't have to worry about Willian - he's not a danger. They don't have to worry about Matic and Mikel/Zouma - they're defensive midfielder. They don't have to worry about our full-backs in Azpilicueta and Ivanovic who are highly ineffective.

The only solution is to put Filipe in the side and then they have another one to deal with.

While we have to keep an eye on their both full-backs, Young, Mata, Fellaini, Herrera, Rooney ...

Can anyone remind me how the hell we're first since August with such minimal danger in our side ?

I think its all about the team, not individual perfomances. Only Hazard has been able to change games.

Hi Guys,

been away a longggg time. But back now.

Dont feel confident here either like most. I hope that we step up for the big boys. Next two games are make or break imo. Win both and the league could be won against Leciester.

Cant see that happening tbh. Arsenal and Utd playing lovely stuff atm and full of confidence, we should have lost the last two or three, granted we havent but we never look like being at the races at the moment.

I don't know why everyone thinks Matic is the guy to deal with Fellaini?

When we played QPR's 4-4-2 was it Matic dealing with Zamora and Austin or was it Cahill and Terry?

Fellaini lines up like a midfielder but plays as their target man. My worry is him peeling off to the back post and having an aerial duel with Cesar.

My worry about the game is that United is back as a team ... it is not just one person doing the job but everyone executing their job to the T as compared to us. 2 months ago everyone had written off United with the toughest fixtures among the teams chasing top 4 but credit to them they have won them all. It is the determination and drive to perform is what worries me which is not restricted to one/two/three players but to the entire bunch.

I see Jose trying to suck the life out of the game by being defensive. With possibly no striker up front it would be difficult for us to push their defenders back. Jose might just do the false 9 just like the OT game last season. Would love all 3 against them but I would be happy with a draw. It will be 10 mins of high intensity from our end, get a goal and then throw in bodies. So it really wouldnt matter who's marking whom.

We were completely bullied last time in midfield and that was when Fellaini and co werent even in form. IMO we have to throw either Zouma or Mikel next to Matic or the story will be the same.

So true, so annoying. And Oscar who is more of a threat than Willian is unreliable, and will never play.

Annoying because this is a game for Costa, not Stoke.

If we had Costa, we would win; but because we don't and because we don't need to win, it will be a big fat draw (with Ramires and Willian starting).

I don't know why everyone thinks Matic is the guy to deal with Fellaini?

When we played QPR's 4-4-2 was it Matic dealing with Zamora and Austin or was it Cahill and Terry?

Fellaini lines up like a midfielder but plays as their target man. My worry is him peeling off to the back post and having an aerial duel with Cesar.

Fellaini is a target man but he definetly resides most of the time in midfield. That's why you need a midfielder to take care of him.

If you watched the analysis on MNF it's clear what kind of problems it creates when one of our CB needs to pick him up, it drags alot of people out of position and creates space for other players to run into. The Mata goal was a good example of that