Chelsea v Man United

Jase

Mikel hasn't played, but how often does he play normally anyway? I am pretty sure Jose has already prepared him especially for this match.

but even when he does play, how often does he start? now we're going to start him in a huge match when he hasn't played in like, what, half a year it seems?

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NO WAY!

We wont lose to them lot!

Hopefully yeah. Our attack > theirs. Hope we just attack them and rediscover our mojo. Even if it ends up being like a 4-3

It's almost telling in some ways that whenever we play the big teams, we can pick out like 5-7 players who are a threat to us. But when we try to see which of our players can be a threat to them, there are only like 2-3 players to choose from - e.g. Hazard, Fabregas and Costa.

That will probably be the case with a lot of supporter's, they don't watch Chelsea like we do so they can't see thing's that we can see clearly. Oscar is highly rated amongst other supporter's at least in my experience and United fans probably view him as a threat.

Another example was in 10/11, opposition supporter's pull the "you finished 2nd things can't have been that bad" line, whereas us Chelsea fans who watches every game knew otherwise.

Have a feeling we'll lose rather heavily.

Almost every time that has been said on match threads on this site (especially since Joses return) we have gone on to get a result.

If Remy aint fit Play Solanke, yes its a massive game but he knows how to find the net, and lets get real Drogba is just shit now harsh but true.

Win this and Draw at Arsenal and the title is ours

He might be shit, but would still rather him than Solanke, Big game....he has big game experience!

If Remy aint fit Play Solanke, yes its a massive game but he knows how to find the net, and lets get real Drogba is just shit now harsh but true.

Win this and Draw at Arsenal and the title is ours

Sorry not on u ... Hahahaha ... Chances of playing Zouma as a striker is more than Solanke getting a crack ...

The overall discussion and tone on redcafe mirrors that of this thread i.e how we are going to stop them at the bridge and the overall tone just seems to indicates that we are essentially the underdogs and shittin g our pants at the prospect of facing utd or should I say felliani fc. I was made to believe man utd are average at best and we are the best team in the league, someone must have lied to me.

It's true.

But look, we really only have Hazard, Fabregas and Diego/Remy who are a threat. They don't have to worry about Willian - he's not a danger. They don't have to worry about Matic and Mikel/Zouma - they're defensive midfielder. They don't have to worry about our full-backs in Azpilicueta and Ivanovic who are highly ineffective.

The only solution is to put Filipe in the side and then they have another one to deal with.

While we have to keep an eye on their both full-backs, Young, Mata, Fellaini, Herrera, Rooney ...

Can anyone remind me how the hell we're first since August with such minimal danger in our side ?

You go on to rival pages and it exactly the same thing. They will be talking about 5-6 players on their forum that they think can do them damage, that we don't even think about. Nature of a football fan we can be quite negative when we analyse our own teams.

You go on to rival pages and it exactly the same thing. They will be talking about 5-6 players on their forum that they think can do them damage, that we don't even think about. Nature of a football fan we can be quite negative when we analyse our own teams.

Personally I don't even fear any of their players. But I am wary of what Louis van Gaal has turned this ManUtd side into. Bar Blind and Herrera, the Utd team that won 4-2 vs City is almost the same like the one that was lucky to only lose 3-1 at Stamford Bridge last season.

Their outfield players are not special. Falcao, Di maria are out of form and not even playing, Rvp is aging (and injured?), Rooney IMO has not been the force he used to be since 2010. Yes he has been decent, great technician, but this second striker/free role BS has taken the sting out of him. He once combined the statue, strength and the fearless running of a rugby player with an excellent skillset, the latter is everything he has left. The rest is decent but not much more than average. Individually they are on the exact same level as City but the difference was their motivation and tacitics.

LVG approached this game really unconventionally, without a proper striker, but 8 midfielders. He did not go through the middle. Neither did he make the game wide and exploited the flanks. He went in between. He loaded the half positions, 10-20 yards just in front of the corners of the penalty box, There were always at least 2 or 3 players per side against City's out of form fullbacks, moving the ball within a tight space, City always had a player less than Utd just in front of their own fucking box, which allowed the Reds the space to either bring in a perfect cross for fellaini or have Young or Mata dribble inside to cause danger. That way they scored their first three goals.