Chelsea v Man United

Jase

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted the line-up I'll like to see, but it's not going to happen so we might see:

the normal back 5

Matic Fabregas

Willian Oscar Hazard

Remy

I'm not really getting the Zouma in midfield business that was probably sparked by Neville's comments. He played there in two games only because Matic was suspended . We don't need Zouma to take care of Felliani, we have Matic. It's not even something Mourinho should contemplate, even against Barcelona, and Man United are not Barcelona. It's very wrong for a big club to do that at home, especially when other options are available. But this is the reputation Mourinho has built for himself. i.e a manager only concerned with playing defensively in the big games. (As if Mourinho even sets up the team to play defensively at Stamford Bridge).

Anyway, now that is sorted. I'll go with Matic and Fabregas. That midfield duo has won us a lot of points this season, even against big teams. The team that has been the best by far in the division should not be the ones shitting themselves about more defensive cover. Besides, Ramires is hardly an improvement defensively next to Matic, and he's the only viable option. Fabregas needs to play the position he has thrived in all season. We need him in the deep-lying playmaker position, spreading passes and starting our attacks. It's up to him to play well.

Ramires. Oscar has been getting a lot of attention but Ramires has been absolutely diabolical all season, and even stretching back to last season. He certainly doesn't deserve to start this game in any position. Whether Next to Matic, were he offers little defensive cover, is positionally clueless and a terrible passer. He also doesn't deserve to start on the right wing ahead of Willian, who has been one of our best players for a while now. Ramires will be better coming off the bench when his energy and pace on the counter can prove useful. I also think Oscar is best served doing a pressing job on Herrera. We need to cut off those supply lines from its base, and Herrera is the guy to keep a close eye to.

The rest of the team is pretty straightforward. No Carrick, Rojo, Jones or Blind is an enormous boost for us. That's two of their centre-backs absent, meaning the inexperienced Blackett or Mcnair next to Smalling. And probably Shaw at LB, who hasn't played for weeks. I won't mind Azpilicueta starting at LB because I fully expect Mata to drift in centrally more often than not, and a right footer on the left side will find it easier to close him down. I believe JT can do a job on Rooney as he usually does. He is their best player and main threat.

With Hazard, Remy, Willian and Fabregas, we should have enough quality to destroy their weakened defense, provided we take the game to them from minute 1. We need to get Hazard on the ball from an early stage for obvious reasons. We need him running at them from the word go. I believe we will beat them if Remy is fit enough to start and if we can find Hazard in good positions. With Drogba there, I'm unsure. His presence just makes everything slower, less fluent, less movement and more laboured. Also more direct, which obviously doesn't suit our playing style at all and is incredibly frustrating.

It's a late kick off, so I'm expecting the atmosphere to be incredible. Winning here will virtually guarantee the title and shut a lot of people up who seemingly this game is only about how United can beat us. C'mon Chelsea!

I think I have arrived in a moment, I don't care anymore which players who will play, drop Oscar, play Oscar and what strategy we will be used, park the bus, total football, so be it. As long as we get the 3 points.