Chelsea v Man United

Jase

Fellaini is a target man but he definetly resides most of the time in midfield. That's why you need a midfielder to take care of him.

If you watched the analysis on MNF it's clear what kind of problems it creates when one of our CB needs to pick him up, it drags alot of people out of position and creates space for other players to run into. The Mata goal was a good example of that

I disagree. That goal was a result of the high line City kept playing.

What I'm talking about is his aerial threat, when they use him as a target man it won't be a midfielder responsible for ensuring he doesn't win them it will be our CB's. Fellaini's goal best illustrates the threat he poses. Utd have been all about the diagonal crosses to the back post, its been that way throughout Van Gaal's reign and now that Fellaini is playing as a striker its coming off better than when it was RVP.

If we leave Fellaini for Azpi to deal with we could be in for a long night.

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really. Whatever else he has to his game, Zouma can easily deal with.

Fellaini has really good off the ball movement and knows how to find gaps between midfield and defence. Mikel is an expert at patrolling that area. Plus Mikel is far more comfortable in possession than Zouma and just offers more in midfield for us.

The problem with playing Mikel is that he's been out for god knows how long. The pace of the game might be too fast for him to handle considering his last minutes haven't been for some time. In that respect, zouma would be the better option

Mikel can go months without playing and just slot into the team seamlessly. I would risk it.

Tbh, I would play both but Cahill has been decent recently.

I disagree. That goal was a result of the high line City kept playing.

What I'm talking about is his aerial threat, when they use him as a target man it won't be a midfielder responsible for ensuring he doesn't win them it will be our CB's. Fellaini's goal best illustrates the threat he poses. Utd have been all about the diagonal crosses to the back post, its been that way throughout Van Gaal's reign and now that Fellaini is playing as a striker its coming off better than when it was RVP.

If we leave Fellaini for Azpi to deal with we could be in for a long night.

You are only talking about the fact when he is in the box and trying to score a goal (and agree with you on that part), but I am talking when he is not in the box because he poses a problem in midfield as well with constantly bringing other people into play and you can't let your CB's try to deal with him since it will create huge gaps in our defence as there are many examples of that in the Tottenham/City game

Fellaini has really good off the ball movement and knows how to find gaps between midfield and defence. Mikel is an expert at patrolling that area. Plus Mikel is far more comfortable in possession than Zouma and just offers more in midfield for us.

One thing that baffles me while reading through this forum is that people want Zouma to play in midfield vs United and completely ignore that we somehow have to generate offense ourselves as well. For what it's worth, I'd expect the same people to criticize Jose for his "negative approach" if we played Zouma while getting completely outplayed. Playing Zouma in midfield simply to have someone to deal with Fellaini (whose danger after a few good games I think is overblown to some extent anyway) would basically mean giving up the game for United to dictate and us sitting deep. Not to mention that we'd restrict our counterattacking game, too. But that's just me talking rational things so who cares.

If Remy is fit, I reckon it'll be a tight 2-1 or 1-0 win.

If he isn't and we play Didier up top.... 0-0 all day, and tbh i'll be happy with that.

I'm actually happy to start Ivan in this game, think we need his aerial prowess.

-------------------Courtois---------------------

--Ivanovic--Zouma--Terry--Azpiliceuta--

---------------------Mikel-----------------------

----------Matic------------Fabregas----------

-Willian-------------------------------Hazard-

-------------------Remy/DD-------------------

Subs: Cech, Luis, Cahill, Ramires, Oscar, Cuadrado, DD/Solanke.

For me.

It's almost telling in some ways that whenever we play the big teams, we can pick out like 5-7 players who are a threat to us. But when we try to see which of our players can be a threat to them, there are only like 2-3 players to choose from - e.g. Hazard, Fabregas and Costa.

And then we win anyway! :D

-------------------Courtois---------------------

--Ivanovic--Cahill--Terry--Azpiliceuta--

------------------Mikel/Zouma--------------------

----------Matic------------Fabregas----------

-Willian-------------------------------Hazard-

-------------------Remy----------------------

A Young is shite. He had the game of his life against City, he'll dissappear against us. Id much rather have Willian any day of the week!.

Fellaini, meh we can deal with him, he's pretty predictable. If our holding midfielders aren't lazy like Yaya then we should be okay.

Only player I'm worried about is Rooney.

I'm dreading it. Plus Fellaini attaching himself to Azpi from his crosses.

Might as well play Azpi RB so he can give Young a much harder game and Ivanovic LB to combat Fellani.

It's not as if we'd be losing anything by making them switch sides; they're both black holes offensively.

Ashley Young almost always embarrasses Ivanovic who has no idea how to mark him.

Ivanovic, generally, doesn't really know what to do when facing up against pacey, tricky wingers. Tends to either, stick to tight with the player or stand like 5-6 yards of him. And the last thing that we need on Saturday is Ivanovic not putting pressure on the ball and allow crosses to come into the box with Fellaini around.

Keep in mind that these if they are the strip designs, are not the player (adizero) versions, which are a lot slimmer and better fitting

if you lay any replica strip flat out it doesn't look that amazing! It's meant to be worn.

The Away kit is the pick of the bunch!