Chelsea v Spurs

Jase

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ramires in the pivot as the destroyer is risky, but nowhere near as bad as some are trying to make it out to be on here.

Remember the days of the Lampard - Ramires pivot? He's played okay there before. He can do a job.

Yep those days=barely winning a couple of trophies through sheer luck mostly and winning nothing but a 2nd rate Europa league trophy. Also back then Ramires was better than he was now imo, now he is a shadow of his former explosive self.

Courtois; Ivanovic, Zouma, Terry, Azpi; Ramires, Cesc, Luis; Willian, Costa, Hazard

I'll be amazed if any other than those 11 names show up at the pitch in the start.

The real question is what formation Jose will use this time. According to Daily Mail, the players had an extra tactical session at Cobham today (or tomorrow, can't remember). I think it means that something more than usual is happening, and my money is on us playing with a back-5, with Cesc, Ramires and Willian forming up a midfield trio and Costa and Hazard playing more free role up front. If we were to play the usual 4-2-3-1, the one below is my guess for the line-up:

Costa

Hazard Willian

Cesc

Luis Ramires

Azpi Terry Zouma Ivanovic

Anyways, the final formation will be really interesting to see. Let's also keep fingers crossed that Zouma gets the sport ahead of Cahill. And I really don't care who plays in goal as both of the options are better than what the opposition has.

According to @RobBeasley this is the team for Sunday,... Courtois Brana Zouma Jt Dave Cahill Ramires Hazard Cesc Willian Costa

ffs we will lose if Cahill startrs in midfield would rather Filipe Luis or Dave as an anchorman or even Ake or RLC

-------------Courtois----------

Ivanovic Terry Zouma Azpi

--------------Cahill-------------

-----Ramires Fabregas------

Hazard---------------- Willian

------------Costa---------------

Doesn't look to bad to me considering the circumstances.

Cahill was easily passed by the Spurs midfield in January, rather we have a good tackler like Filipe Luis in there rather than Cahill or even Ake his a proper DM, if we are playing Cahill we are setting up for disaster as we will seat back and invite pressure

Cahill was easily passed by the Spurs midfield in January, rather we have a good tackler like Filipe Luis in there rather than Cahill or even Ake his a proper DM, if we are playing Cahill we are setting up for disaster as we will seat back and invite pressure

But it's not an issue if he is easily passed as Terry and Zouma will always be there. He's just an extra defensive barrier. It's a very defensive team for sure.

Yep those days=barely winning a couple of trophies through sheer luck mostly and winning nothing but a 2nd rate Europa league trophy. Also back then Ramires was better than he was now imo, now he is a shadow of his former explosive self.

That was our midfield for 6 months last season and we did it well... with Ramires and Lampard.

We don't have Matic, put Ramires there.

I would play with Cech, Azpi, Iva, Zouma, Terry, Ramires, Fabregas, Cuadrado, Willian, Hazard and COsta.

Cahill as DM would actually be a Mourinho type move. He already did it against Man city, and was likely going to do it again before Burnley scored.

I can't really guess how he'll be defensively, but going forward; Cesc would have to drop deep all the time to get the ball from him and Ramires.