Chelsea v Spurs

Jase

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and he's played in this position before. Not too many times, but enough to be more used to it than Azpili imo

The more i think about it, the more i'm excited to see how he would fare there. If he does a good job he could be a better solution to either Mikel or Ramires in the bigger games where he would fill in for the role Luiz had last year.

Altough a good Ramires is invaluable in a big game imo, maybe he could be moved to the right side then :ph34r:.

And it would be nice to see Azpi, Luis and Ivanovic in the same line up since its always hard to drop one of them

It will be interesting to see the mental and physical toughness the likes of Hazard, Willian, Costa and Cesc display..hopefully they exhibit the same makeup the likes of Cole, Lamps, Drogs and Cech showed.

Hmm an interesting point. Putting any tactical complaints to one side the number of times we have lost 1-0 leads this season and considering how we bottled the PL and CL at the end of last season, it does suggest we have a set of mentally weak players. Right now we seem to be very far from Jose's first side in terms of mental strength but I do hope we can improve on it. Winning this final would be a good start.

This morning I spoke with a friend who doesn't know a thing about football, yet somehow the conversation moved onto Sunday's League Cup Final. I had initially said that I wasn't very confident about Chelsea's chances for the game, but when my friend asked "why?" I found myself only being able to come up with a bit of poor form (Spurs' form isn't great either) and Matic's suspension as the logical reasons for our potential downfall on the weekend.

At that point I told myself to lighten up and get excited - we've got an awesome opportunity to claim our first piece of silverware for a couple of years, and I've got the faith in our players that they will give it a red hot crack. Because if nothing else, I know our boys will give it their all on the pitch - I keep thinking of JT throwing his face into the line of fire against Arsenal in the 2007 League Cup Final as a prime example of this.

UP THE CHELS!

You will be content then as he is injured. Ironically seeing the slating he gets here, we could probably use him on Sunday.

I slate him more than most and even I would love to see him lining up for us on Sunday. I don't think he's very good but he's a far better DM than Ramires/Azpi/Luis/Ake

I slate him more than most and even I would love to see him lining up for us on Sunday. I don't think he's very good but he's a far better DM than Ramires/Azpi/Luis/Ake

Start mikel, and Cesc will never see the ball...

Cesc will get overrun and Cesc will be essentially ineffective...

Have you seen Ramires' positioning and defending abilities? :o

10000x better than mikel. ramires can cover for cesc adequately, mikel on the other hand would make cesc work like a dog...

Mikel is useful in one thing.. Being another body for parking the bus.