Chelsea v Spurs

Jase

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well he played against Atletico in 2012 where we got raped and 2012 Community Shield.

Not exactly a cup final... He also played in that same fixture against Bayern and scored. Those are friendlies to kick off both the domestic and European competition.

This is a real cup final, big stage, everyone watching.

Listen guys I'm a little confused, at what point have the spurs become an offensive dynamo capable of scoring at will? Some of the stuff I'm reading here is absolutely dreadful "if we start ivanovic we're screwed?" Lol

We have the better squad even without Matic, the game on New Years was an anomaly, a shit penalty and a deflected goal. Yes they played well but not well enough for us all to be shaking in our boots over the tie.

This is a game where the best players shine the brightest, I can't see a scenario where the likes of costa, hazard, ivanovic, willian and perhaps cesc aren't completely turned on for this one. If that is the case does anyone really think the spurs, playing on two days rest can live with us?

On a pitch the size of wembley their press will be non-existent especially after a Thursday night game away.

It was a tough loss we suffered but we were a tired squad. I know we haven't been at our best since that game but its a cup finals people! We are Chelsea we live for these moments!

Listen guys I'm a little confused, at what point have the spurs become an offensive dynamo capable of scoring at will? Some of the stuff I'm reading here is absolutely dreadful "if we start ivanovic we're screwed?" Lol

We have the better squad even without Matic, the game on New Years was an anomaly, a shit penalty and a deflected goal. Yes they played well but not well enough for us all to be shaking in our boots over the tie.

This is a game where the best players shine the brightest, I can't see a scenario where the likes of costa, hazard, ivanovic, willian and perhaps cesc aren't completely turned on for this one. If that is the case does anyone really think the spurs, playing on two days rest can live with us?

On a pitch the size of wembley their press will be non-existent especially after a Thursday night game away.

It was a tough loss we suffered but we were a tired squad. I know we haven't been at our best since that game but its a cup finals people! We are Chelsea we live for these moments!

I find it odd how most people are ignoring the fact that Spurs have a very difficult KO match to play, that they want do well with, a few hours from now.

They should be knackered to have another KO game LESS THAN 3 days later.

I find it odd how most people are ignoring the fact that Spurs have a very difficult KO match to play, that they want do well with, a few hours from now.

They should be knackered to have another KO game LESS THAN 3 days later.

They are lucky because if it were us playing tonight, this final would be moved to Saturday

Really? I don't remember. I remember JT missed it....and Torres played well!

Yeah he injured himself against Aston Villa after he ran from the halfway line all the way to the byline. After the ball went out for a corner he grabbed his hamstring and game over for him.

Yeah JT missed the game because of an ankle injury if i remember correctly. Well Torres his performances in the Europa league were quite good in general.

On a pitch the size of wembley their press will be non-existent
That's a really good point. If Spurs do try to press us then given the size of the pitch and the fact they're playing today they will likely leave huge spaces for us to exploit. Our counter-attacking has been poor this season but it's a final so hopefully we'll up our game.

Didn't he play in the EL final?

Nah like many have already mentioned he was out injured.

So I'm right, the first big proper final for Hazard in Chelsea shirt. Come on Eden! Rip them apart, it's time for you to step up and shine!

Didn't he play in the EL final?

Nah like many have already mentioned he was out injured.

So I'm right, the first big proper final for Hazard in Chelsea shirt. Come on Eden! Rip them apart, it's time for you to step up and shine!

This match is always going to be down to which Chelsea shows up, regardless of Spurs. if we play well we win and if we don't play our best, they win regardless of which kind of team or display they have (and they've been very shaky lately). They're basically a non-factor because we lose or draw most time because of our stupid mistakes, not opposition's brilliance