Chelsea v Spurs

Jase

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think this City loss take away some of the pressure today?

We all know we desperately need to win a title. There's a lot of pressure on the club, players and manager to win something... 2013 was way too long ago and we aren't Arsenal that can go 8 years without winning anything. To play under the pressure of in theory being only 2 points ahead of City would have affected our 'need' to win today and assure at least one title, as the league could be under real jeopardy. I'm not saying a 5-point lead is big with still 11 matches to be played, but if we have a bad result against West Ham, for example, City still couldn't take the lead, even if we have the Leicester game in hand. But this game will only be played at the last week of April and given the seemingly frail mental strength of this team, if we lose the lead, even if an easy game in hand, they could crumble.

So I think having the 5-points lead assure will take some pressure from the team today and Wednesday and I think it could happen us to win both matches. Or am I reading too much into it and they aren't as mentally vulnerable as I think they might be?

I am so bloody nervous about this game.

Just have it wrapped up 5-0 at half time so I can have a relaxing time please chelsea?!

COME ON YOU BLUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAARE FREE WHEREVER YOU MAY BE, WE ARE THE FAMOUS CFC!!

Perhaps. I was thinking the same thing. It frees their mind perhaps to go out and play all out and be loose. It certainly does not hurt and I believe it helps.

Okay, you Blues fans, let's hear you! Man City drops three points and we can win the first Cup of the year!

Let's get after these guys from the opening whistle. We have some big payback.

Very anxious to see the starting XI. The Ramires-Fabregas midfield has struggled for us this year. Hope its a little different. I prefer Zouma today over Cahill most certainly.

Let's get it on already.

Come on you Chelsea!! :blue scalf: :blue scalf:

Yeah, he's young but does he still fall in the bracket of a talented young player?

I thought so yeah. When would you say a player is or isn't young?

We all know we desperately need to win a title. There's a lot of pressure on the club, players and manager to win something... 2013 was way too long ago and we aren't Arsenal that can go 8 years without winning anything. To play under the pressure of in theory being only 2 points ahead of City would have affected our 'need' to win today and assure at least one title, as the league could be under real jeopardy. I'm not saying a 5-point lead is big with still 11 matches to be played, but if we have a bad result against West Ham, for example, City still couldn't take the lead, even if we have the Leicester game in hand. But this game will only be played at the last week of April and given the seemingly frail mental strength of this team, if we lose the lead, even if an easy game in hand, they could crumble.

So I think having the 5-points lead assure will take some pressure from the team today and Wednesday and I think it could happen us to win both matches. Or am I reading too much into it and they aren't as mentally vulnerable as I think they might be?

I would say you are reading a little too much into it. The players will be 100% focused on this match, this competition. The PL doesn't even exist today for them. I don't think Jose would allow any different. IMO anyway.