Juan Cuadrado

Liuxas

There's two things about a bench player - get 15 minutes and impress, or get 15 minutes and be dog turd and show you are just a bench warmer.

There is no such thing as "what do you expect from him if he only gets 15 minutes per game?". Bollocks. There have been World Cup winners and Ballon d'Or winners that have started on the bench with limited minutes to show what they are made of.

De Bruyne was a shambles and the game at Swindon is the best example - he could not even make a 5 yard pass ffs.

He is the perfect player for a side such as Wolfsburg or Villarreal. He will rack up goals and assists for fun because there is no pressure on his shoulders.

Maybe his body and his talent push him to higher levels, but his brain won't let him go that far.

Did well at WC though...

"There's two things about a bench player - get 15 minutes and impress, or get 15 minutes and be dog turd and show you are just a bench warmer."

The problem here is that we seem to have and buy only players who do jack shit in those 15min they get. It would be great if we had winger on bench who could prove to be good enough to replace Willian. However, no matter how average Willian plays and wastes every attack, there is still no other player in this team to replace him from starting spot. Thats worrying.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets be real here, Cuadrado is the only quality RW available right now, last season he was brilliant, had a good world cup and even the likes of Barcelona wanted him... I'll be disappointed if we miss out on him and sign an unproven player in Costa.. his numbers (gls/ass) are awful for a player playing in the Ukraine league, apparently he's also very inconstant as well... i could see us buying both to replace Salah and Schurrle but the only problem with that is whether Jose is willing to give them adequate game time.. who knows.

Everyone saying we should wait for summer when will be more options, but who exactly will be available then? Apart from Turan, I dont find other ''quality'' players. And dont even start with Bale, Reus, Sanchez. More chance of Hazard leaving too, than those coming.

While the likes of Pedro, Candreva etc will be still available then and we could easily snatch them for their price.

Lets be real here, Cuadrado is the only quality RW available right now, last season he was brilliant, had a good world cup and even the likes of Barcelona wanted him... I'll be disappointed if we miss out on him and sign an unproven player in Costa.. his numbers (gls/ass) are awful for a player playing in the Ukraine league, apparently he's also very inconstant as well... i could see us buying both to replace Salah and Schurrle but the only problem with that is whether Jose is willing to give them adequate game time.. who knows.

Theres no question he will give them game time.

Lets face it, Jose has solely worked on our Starting XI, and him along with the board have been fantastic. You only have to look at signings like Matic, Costa and Cesc.

But when it comes to squad players, we dont have any....that JM trusts, and the tipping point was today. Rami, Salah, Schurrle, Mikel and Remy (i wouldnt really include Remy because he always picks Drogba)..they just arent providing the goods when given the chance.

Whether its in training, or the limited minutes, they just arent pulling their weight.

If we sign Douglas Costa and Cuadrado..those are players JM will 'want' to show can work. Salah was one signing he got wrong, and imo i dont really count Schurrle as 'his' signing because we heard rumblings of thag deal taking place before he arrived.

So what it boils down to is that, Cuadrado and Costa will be given his fair chance. Atleast thats the way i view it.

Theres no question he will give them game time.

Lets face it, Jose has solely worked on our Starting XI, and him along with the board have been fantastic. You only have to look at signings like Matic, Costa and Cesc.

But when it comes to squad players, we dont have any....that JM trusts, and the tipping point was today. Rami, Salah, Schurrle, Mikel and Remy (i wouldnt really include Remy because he always picks Drogba)..they just arent providing the goods when given the chance.

Whether its in training, or the limited minutes, they just arent pulling their weight.

If we sign Douglas Costa and Cuadrado..those are players JM will 'want' to show can work. Salah was one signing he got wrong, and imo i dont really count Schurrle as 'his' signing because we heard rumblings of thag deal taking place before he arrived.

So what it boils down to is that, Cuadrado and Costa will be given his fair chance. Atleast thats the way i view it.

Im sure Mou is aware of that however last summer was about filling the gaping holes in our first team which we not only did but we done with the best options avaliable to us in those positions.

Either Cuadrado or nothing because Douglas Costa is an average player who belongs to mid table club at very best. He would be no upgrade to what we have now only just another Brazilian. His finishing is worse than Willian's and those goals in UCL few years back was just pure luck. His final ball is also average so he would just be a waste of space on what we have now. However the Columbian Speedy Gonzalez is better in those aspects and gives us better width. Also he can defend well unlike Costa. So yeah, pretty much fuck D.Costa (Not Diego..)

Im sure Mou is aware of that however last summer was about filling the gaping holes in our first team which we not only did but we done with the best options avaliable to us in those positions.

And im not disputing that he's aware, but only stating the facts. I think there's some dead-wood he wants to clear, because clearly there are 3/4 senior members that JM wants to replace.

We won't solve our problems by throwing money at them. But replacing players in order to change our approach might be a step in the right direction. Getting players like Willian, Ivanovic, Cahill out of the starting lineup and replacing them with people like Cuadrado who really fit our team and give us something extra without losing balance might just be worth those huge sums.

Fiorentina's manager (Montella):

“The issue around Cuadrado is very simple: he has a buy-out clause, which was written into his contract along with the club,” Montella told reporters.

“If a team comes along and pays it, and the player wants to leave, then he can go. This clause expires during the last few days of the transfer window, but as far as we are concerned the player is not for sale.”