Raheem Sterling

RoyalBlues

It's obvious that the Liverpool project is not really promising and I can understand him wanting to leave. I think it's also Liverpool's fault for slapping 50m price on him nobody will pay. Nobody's pays that he's stuck in their team for another season, so I can understand him trying to make a statement to their board.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could be our last shot at a big time signing. English, homegrown, only 20, clearly wants out, London kid.

A big time signing? Hes vastly overrated, specifically because hes English....

Would rather we spent 50M on Isco and Pedro than Sterling.

A big time signing? Hes vastly overrated, specifically because hes English....

Would rather we spent 50M on Isco and Pedro than Sterling.

Except Isco is impossible and Pedro isn't better than what we have.

Sterling could potentially be a superstar and is only 20. There for the taking if we stump up the cash.

Except Isco is impossible and Pedro isn't better than what we have.

Sterling could potentially be a superstar and is only 20. There for the taking if we stump up the cash.

Okay Isco is harder to sign but Pedro is a good option, better than Sterling, as well as Willian, Cuadrado and Oscar so hardly like hes a step backwards.

And Sterling wont be a superstar ha, cmon please I mean hes English, young and is talented but we've had this before English player X 'rated at 50m' or will be go on and be 'a big superstar'... yawn...

Also look at the state of why he apparently wants to leave Liverpool man, he wants to leave because he doesn't want to play under Brendan Rodgers? The guy who picked him every week for the last 3 seasons.... backed him through all this shit that's recently come to light as well... where would he be without that guy? But the whole superstar/next big things talk, the same things were said about Jack Wilshere, Ross Barkley and also Harry Kane, managers and pundits saying that they are worth shit loads of money and are going to be superstars... but none of them are and I don't think any of them will be.

Sterlings not even worth 30M never mind 50M. Foreign players are still cheaper and most of the time prove to be better buys. If he weren't English there wouldn't be so much fuss either.

Okay Isco is harder to sign but Pedro is a good option, better than Sterling, as well as Willian, Cuadrado and Oscar so hardly like hes a step backwards.

And Sterling wont be a superstar ha, cmon please I mean hes English, young and is talented but we've had this before English player X 'rated at 50m' or will be go on and be 'a big superstar'... yawn...

Also look at the state of why he apparently wants to leave Liverpool man, he wants to leave because he doesn't want to play under Brendan Rodgers? The guy who picked him every week for the last 3 seasons.... backed him through all this shit that's recently come to light as well... where would he be without that guy? But the whole superstar/next big things talk, the same things were said about Jack Wilshere, Ross Barkley and also Harry Kane, managers and pundits saying that they are worth shit loads of money and are going to be superstars... but none of them are and I don't think any of them will be.

Sterlings not even worth 30M never mind 50M. Foreign players are still cheaper and most of the time prove to be better buys. If he weren't English there wouldn't be so much fuss either.

he wants to be in a team which actually has a chance to win anything

he wants to be in a team which actually has a chance to win anything

He's 20 years old. He doesn't need to do anything but focus on improving his game.

He can actually grow at Liverpool. They will tolerate his dips in form and mistakes. At clubs like ours? Nope. You dip in form, a hungry Willian is right there to snatch your spot (as Schurrle found out).

The best thing for him is to stay at Liverpool. But of course, he's an idiot and will move. Liverpool will stand by him and help him through all the rough patches, they have no choice, they aren't attracting anyone better than him.

City will drop him like a hat if he goes off the boil, as will Jose.

Why would Sterling be an idiot to move? Should he have stayed at QPR instead of leaving Liverpool a couple of years ago? Why is he seen as a villain for wanting to control his own destiny?

Was Suarez wrong to force a move to Arsenal AND Barcelona?

I see the Sterling case very clear.

Is shit? Absolutely not.

Is a good player? Yes!

Great future? Probably.

Overrated? I think that not, no one is saying that he is the best in the world. Simply is a good player and of the biggest young talents right now.

Worth 50M or more? NO. And this is the problem, just this.

Why would Sterling be an idiot to move? Should he have stayed at QPR instead of leaving Liverpool a couple of years ago? Why is he seen as a villain for wanting to control his own destiny?

Was Suarez wrong to force a move to Arsenal AND Barcelona?

Because he's 20 and still has to develop. He needs to consider Liverpool like a loan. It's probably one of the best teams to be loaned out to. They will start him every game, have a shot a Europe, and they will tolerate all his mistakes. He won't have that luxury at Chelsea, City, Arsenal or United. Those teams have far, far better players than Liverpool and he'll be under threat of getting dropped if his form dips, which will happen since he's so young.

He'll get his move, no doubt. But as a developing player, it's far too early for him. Suarez was 26 when he wanted out of Liverpool, and a top 3 striker in the world.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You