Raheem Sterling

RoyalBlues

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Brenton was my manager I would do anything to get away from him, imagine him talking down to you all the time, especially as he is only 4ft tall.. :@)

People also called Hazard an arrogant money grabber. I'd take Sterling here with my eyes closed.

Yes but Hazard didn't specifically join Chelsea because of 1) money and 2) he didn't want to work under whoever his manager at Lille was.... Sterling is just digging himself an early grave with the whole Brendan Rodgers is the issue thing.

Yes but Hazard didn't specifically join Chelsea because of 1) money and 2) he didn't want to work under whoever his manager at Lille was.... Sterling is just digging himself an early grave with the whole Brendan Rodgers is the issue thing.

Pretty sure money played A BIG PART in him joining us, his agent got 6m fee and he was on 170k per week, City and MU eventually gave up. Your point 2 is also wrong, lol he just had the best season of his career and being named best player in Ligue 1 why on Earth wouldn't he want to work with the manager at Lille at the time which was Garcia I believe.

We can go on all the fact about how he chose us because we won the CL but the truth is money played a much bigger role at the time.

Who cares about his attitude.

As long as he joins us all this would be music to our ears!

Liverpool will either stand by him like they did with Suarez or sell him at a lower price they demand.

Pretty sure money played A BIG PART in him joining us, his agent got 6m fee and he was on 170k per week, City and MU eventually gave up. Your point 2 is also wrong, lol he just had the best season of his career and being named best player in Ligue 1 why on Earth wouldn't he want to work with the manager at Lille at the time which was Garcia I believe.

We can go on all the fact about how he chose us because we won the CL but the truth is money played a much bigger role at the time.

I think you misunderstood my point 2, Eden left because he had to make the next step. Sterling doesn't want to work under Rodgers anymore, apparently he'd stay if he wasn't in charge/.... was making a comparison as someone said Hazard came here only for the money or something, where in thery anybody with a brain could see that we would of been his best move as it was where he probably would of had an easier chance on starting from day 1.

Ambition was the primary focus for the Hazard move. He had no issues with Garcia. Hazard needed a bigger challenge. Sure money is always a factor for a move to a bigger club. Lille fans have no animosity toward Eden and in fact he's revered by the Lllle fanbase.

Crazy to thing Hazard was bad for 32 million plus 6 mllion in agent fees. If he was making making the same move from Lille to Chelsea now he'd be going for Pogba type money.

Wrong next step and he could be the next Lennon/Swp/Zaha.

No he couldn't considering he's already had a better season than all 3 will ever have at 19. Such a lazy comparison, you're better than that.

The main reason I would like him here is that he is english and actualy capable of two things; get into first 11 and maybe become world class.

Thinking we will soon be wihout any ToP english player makes me sick and for that alone, I would pay 10m more for Sterling or any other similar english player.

Problem is that other english players in such range are Kane, who Spurs will never sell to us even for 100m, Ox who Arsenal wont sell to us for less than 50m and Clyne who just moved to pool. Other mentions are Stones who will be expensive as fuck for CB, while Barkley and Ward Prowse have to realy prove themselves first.

I rate Sterling 30m for his talent, but add 10m for his english tax and I would go 10m further because we are (will be) desperate for some top english player(s), but not many are around.

Not to mention, Hazard is already still young, but Sterling is even 4 years younger.

Right now Terry is still here and he gives us that little national spirit in the team. But soon he wont be here and Im sure we all will be sad we dont have Sterling here, even more so if he becomes realy big player.

Sterling now, Stones next summer would fix establish next english core for next 10 years and even paying 80m on those two will be nothing if we keep them for nearly decade and they develop properly.

Risk is with every young player, while Im not sure young talent is what we realy need for rw right now, I would love more english players who can actualy make it here and see them develop here into top players, like we did with Lamps and terry. And while 40/50m is hella lot of money, we as english club can be happy that there is finaly a brilliant talented english player available to buy. That doesnt happen every year.

No he couldn't considering he's already had a better season than all 3 will ever have at 19. Such a lazy comparison, you're better than that.

Yes he is better, but if he moves to City (or to some extent Chelsea), he will have alot more pressure on him and wont have time to catch form like he did in pool to develop.

If he catches run of poor games (that is normal for someone his age), he will be benched here or at city, while he wouldnt be at Pool.

Then who knows what would happen, we have Mou who I believe would do anything to get his 50m investment running, but at city, he could sit on bench for long time.

All in all, I would take him here, but for his development he should stay at pool. In just three years he made huge progress there but he didnt outgrow pool yet, thats bullshit.

He could be our Lamps, Joe Cole or Swp. At his age, his potential is almost unlimited, but future impossible to predict.

The main reason I would like him here is that he is english and actualy capable of two things; get into first 11 and maybe become world class.

Thinking we will soon be wihout any ToP english player makes me sick and for that alone, I would pay 10m more for Sterling or any other similar english player.

Problem is that other english players in such range are Kane, who Spurs will never sell to us even for 100m, Ox who Arsenal wont sell to us for less than 50m and Clyne who just moved to pool. Other mentions are Stones who will be expensive as fuck for CB, while Barkley and Ward Prowse have to realy prove themselves first.

I rate Sterling 30m for his talent, but add 10m for his english tax and I would go 10m further because we are (will be) desperate for some top english player(s), but not many are around.

Not to mention, Hazard is already still young, but Sterling is even 4 years younger.

Right now Terry is still here and he gives us that little national spirit in the team. But soon he wont be here and Im sure we all will be sad we dont have Sterling here, even more so if he becomes realy big player.

Sterling now, Stones next summer would fix establish next english core for next 10 years and even paying 80m on those two will be nothing if we keep them for nearly decade and they develop properly.

Risk is with every young player, while Im not sure young talent is what we realy need for rw right now, I would love more english players who can actualy make it here and see them develop here into top players, like we did with Lamps and terry. And while 40/50m is hella lot of money, we as english club can be happy that there is finaly a brilliant talented english player available to buy. That doesnt happen every year.

I dont agree with most of your post ,, BUT it was well reasoned so I gave it a rep

I couldn't give a toss if hes English. To me I'd stop the whole HG crap. I dont see why in this day and age of open country boundaries etc that a club has to use 'X' amount of HG players. IF we wanted to use a squad of 25 players from Timbucktoo then why shouldnt we?

Id love to see him with us. Yes hes got probably £10mil of hype and future progress added to his pricetag but I'd much rather have him than seeing him at Citeh.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You