Raheem Sterling

RoyalBlues

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ozil was subbed out of every game in the world cup. And much like Cesc isn't a goal scorer, Sterling isn't a Striker, he played there because his manager is a moron. Can played CB and Sterling played WB too.

And this isn't belittling you at all. For every argument you present against Sterling there will always be a rebuttal, why? because many people see his skill and potential. At 20 he is already one of the best players in the Prem and possesses the physical tools to get even better if surrounded by a winning mentality and better players. My opinion and really not hard to see why.

So, going by stats:

Oscar : 6 goals ; 8 assists = 14 --- 2038 minutes

Raheem S: 7 goals ; 7 assists = 14 --- 3053 minutes

Juan Mata: 9 goals ; 4 assists = 13 --- 2309 minutes

Ch Eriksen: 10 goals; 2 assists = 12--- 3141 minutes

Mesut Ozil: 4 goals ; 5 assists = 9 ----- 1860 minutes

On current form, is Sterling really better than these players?

Mata is far more productive, even when he's in and out of the team and played everywhere on the pitch except his preferred position, which when he did for us, he was a stats machine.

And Sterling's productivity is on par with Eriksen, who no one would pay 50m for, even thou he's only 23.

And Ozil shows his class.

And just for those who brought up "the cult of Oscar" (Polo7), feast your eyes on those stats. 6 goals and 8 assists! That's like, wow! That's like Raheem Sterling numbers! In like 1000 less minutes! So like, wow! 50m!!!!!

Agree. Oscar isnt as effective yet he has his own little cult on these forums.

That's what I don't get. Here's a player with more promise and potential, with time on his side. I don't think any football fan can truly disagree that under Mourinho Sterling can become one of the greats.

but he's english, which means you are world class by the age of 20 and the next best thing in the world.

This is the problem with the perception of English players. Are they mostly over exaggerated and overpriced? Yeah, that's just a cultural problem in this country of thinking England is better than they are, so mediocrity gets more praise.

But as I've said before, it's a double edged sword because it also holds back people from truly seeing a gifted, talented player when they see it.

So, going by stats:

Oscar : 6 goals ; 8 assists = 14 --- 2038 minutes

Raheem S: 7 goals ; 7 assists = 14 --- 3053 minutes

Juan Mata: 9 goals ; 4 assists = 13 --- 2309 minutes

Ch Eriksen: 10 goals; 2 assists = 12--- 3141 minutes

Mesut Ozil: 4 goals ; 5 assists = 9 ----- 1860 minutes

On current form, is Sterling really better than these players?

Mata is far more productive, even when he's in and out of the team and played everywhere on the pitch except his preferred position, which when he did for us, he was a stats machine.

And Sterling's productivity is on par with Eriksen, who no one would pay 50m for, even thou he's only 23.

And Ozil shows his class.

And just for those who brought up the cult of Oscar, feast your eyes on those stats. 6 goals and 8 assists! That's like, wow! That's like Raheem Sterling numbers! In like 1000 less minutes! So like, wow! 50m!!!!!

In my eyes, yes. Along with those stats are his dribbling ability and also his chance creation(Key Pass) All things that make life easier for teammates on the pitch.

Nowhere have I said anything about paying 50M for Sterling, 40M however and you got yourself a deal.

We shouldn't had to buy a winger like sterling, griezzman had we kept faith in schurrle

Schurrle was a fan favourite of everyone, but even the most tinted glasses would show that Sterling (I haven't seen much of Griezzman) is far better than the German.

In my eyes, yes. Along with those stats are his dribbling ability and also his chance creation(Key Pass) All things that make life easier for teammates on the pitch.

Nowhere have I said anything about paying 50M for Sterling, 40M however and you got yourself a deal.

Hazard - 4.8 dribbles/game ; 2.7 key passes/game

Messi - 4.6 dribbles/game ; 2.5 key passes/game

Oxlade Ch - 3.6 dribbles/game ; 1.5 key passes/game

Sanchez - 3.3 dribbles/game ; 2.3 key passes/game

Vic Moses - 3.3 dribbles/game ; 1.7 key passes/game

Coutino - 3.1 dribbles/game ; 1.7 key passes/game

(**)Sterling - 2.9 dribbles/game ; 2.1 key passes/game

Mesut Ozil - 2.4 dribbles/game ; 2.3 key passes/game

Willian - 1.8 dribbles/game ; 1.4 key passes/game

That's the gulf in class between world class and Sterling. He isn't Hazard 2.0 on the opposite wing. He's a good player, but he's not what we need, nor does his dribbling push him ahead of pack that he's running in. Middle of the pack player, not worth the price.

Schurrle was a fan favourite of everyone, but even the most tinted glasses would show that Sterling (I haven't seen much of Griezzman) is far better than the German.

They complain about Sterling's finishing when Schurrle's shots to conversion rate was one of the poorest in Europe when we first signed him... It hasn't improved much since then either.

I liked Schurrle because he loved Chelsea but he left a lot to be desired on the pitch.

Hazard - 4.8 dribbles/game ; 2.7 key passes/game

Messi - 4.6 dribbles/game ; 2.5 key passes/game

Oxlade Ch - 3.6 dribbles/game ; 1.5 key passes/game

Sanchez - 3.3 dribbles/game ; 2.3 key passes/game

Vic Moses - 3.3 dribbles/game ; 1.7 key passes/game

Coutino - 3.1 dribbles/game ; 1.7 key passes/game

(**)Sterling - 2.9 dribbles/game ; 2.1 key passes/game

Mesut Ozil - 2.4 dribbles/game ; 2.3 key passes/game

Willian - 1.8 dribbles/game ; 1.4 key passes/game

That's the gulf in class between world class and Sterling. He isn't Hazard 2.0 on the opposite wing. He's a good player, but he's not what we need, nor does his dribbling push him ahead of pack that he's running in. Middle of the pack player, not worth the price.

Now take those stats and cross them with the goals and assists stats :rolleyes:

I completely agree with RhesusReus and he makes his points perfectly.

The transfer market is not just about signing class players, its about us improving our weaknesses and I don't see how Sterling can help us in anyway in the second category.

Just because a player is young it doesn't mean they're gonna magically improve on their weaknesses, not to mention the ability to finish is one of the most instinctive traits there is. It can't just simply be sorted.

It's a sad world where some actually think Sterling is better player than Ozil and Mata. Those two are simply classes above him.

Now take those stats and cross them with the goals and assists stats :rolleyes:

but that just makes him look even worse. Even with his superior dribbling to Mata and Oscar and Eriksen, he still can't score more goals.

They complain about Sterling's finishing when Schurrle's shots to conversion rate was one of the poorest in Europe when we first signed him... It hasn't improved much since then either.

I liked Schurrle because he loved Chelsea but he left a lot to be desired on the pitch.

Mm, precisely.

The German is more of a substitute player, no disrespect intended but he's more in the Kalou category of players. Sterling isn't, if he develops correctly and under the right pupilage.

Mm, precisely.

The German is more of a substitute player, no disrespect intended but he's more in the Kalou category of players. Sterling isn't, if he develops correctly and under the right pupilage.

Completely different player to Sterling. Schurrle got 8 goals in 1500 minutes in 13/14, about half the time Sterling took to get 7.

He was a different sort of player to Willian and Cuadrado, and as a squad player, he was a great tool to have in the box. His misfortune was an illness that dragged and then Willian playing really well, to the point where Schurrle really couldn't win his starting role back. He was 23, and I understand his decision to want to leave for starting role.

ALL of the stats... This is getting boring.

You mean facts and objectivity, rather than subjectivity and eye tests. Well, in that case, when in an argument one side gets tired of objectivity, it's time to end it.

Completely different player to Sterling. Schurrle got 8 goals in 1500 minutes in 13/14, about half the time Sterling took to get 7.

He was a different sort of player to Willian and Cuadrado, and as a squad player, he was a great tool to have in the box. His misfortune was an illness that dragged and then Willian playing really well, to the point where Schurrle really couldn't win his starting role back. He was 23, and I understand his decision to want to leave for starting role.

Yeah I do agree with that, for his own career it was time to move on. We did hope well for him though, once Germany won the WC we believed Schurrle could force his way into the first 11. But like you said, the hot form of Willian was just too difficult for Andre to overcome.

I think he'll always get respect though, the manner of his departure was respectable and he left us a WC winner.

Two more pages in couple hours...i thought we made a formal bid or sth...instead i find shitload of posts how many dribbles and goals sterling made in comparison to other players...ffs its not everyhing about stats.

Ronaldo is best out and out scorer you can find and what did real achieve? One CL that was lucky and one laliga in six seasons. Stats mean shit if there is no proper team balance. Having another 20 y.o. kid with chicken attitude wont improve us. Maybe in five years when he grows up.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You