Raheem Sterling

RoyalBlues

That is absurd... the pace dribbling and technique Sterling has can decide matches. He's not the best finisher but what he is capable of in the build up is just below Hazard on our team. If we had a trio of Hazard, Willian and Sterling???? That is an unbelievable AM situation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQWvaiaWssw

Build up? We have plenty of players capable of build-up. What we lack is finishing and ball retention. Sterling doesn't help in any of those two needs. He isn't going to help us retain possession against the big teams, and he isn't going to finish a decent percentage of the near 200 chances Hazard and Cesc create alone.

All his pace and dribbling is for nought when we face the lower table teams as they pack it in, something Liverpool found out when teams started parking the bus against them.

Sterling is not a need. We either get someone that is deadly on the counter, like Reus, or we get someone that can help retain possession, like Turan.

But to pay 50m for Sterling, when he fills none of our needs and only strengthens the already overloaded aspect of our team, speed and dribbling, is silly.

I watched enough Liverpool games, as I live with two Liverpool fans, and the amount of chances Sterling fluffs is ridiculous.

He also has only scored 1 goal for England in 16 games, and just recently missed this sitter:

https://vine.co/v/ee5Pl1qlxeH

More sitters missed:

https://vine.co/v/h9iKEmgKxLw

https://vine.co/v/O60dFTqTjYw

Is this what you guys want? Again, we have enough players that can play the build-up game, we need a proven goal-scorer.

I'm sick of watching Hazard, Willian, and Cesc fluff chances. I don't want another added to the team, despite what he may offer in pace.

Now, if were to sell Hazard, I'd be OK with signing Sterling. But both on the same team is just ghastly.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Build up? We have plenty of players capable of build-up. What we lack is finishing and ball retention. Sterling doesn't help in any of those two needs. He isn't going to help us retain possession against the big teams, and he isn't going to finish a decent percentage of the near 200 chances Hazard and Cesc create alone.

All his pace and dribbling is for nought when we face the lower table teams as they pack it in, something Liverpool found out when teams started parking the bus against them.

Sterling is not a need. We either get someone that is deadly on the counter, like Reus, or we get someone that can help retain possession, like Turan.

But to pay 50m for Sterling, when he fills none of our needs and only strengthens the already overloaded aspect of our team, speed and dribbling, is silly.

I watched enough Liverpool games, as I live with two Liverpool fans, and the amount of chances Sterling fluffs is ridiculous.

He also has only scored 1 goal for England in 16 games, and just recently missed this sitter:

https://vine.co/v/ee5Pl1qlxeH

More sitters missed:

https://vine.co/v/h9iKEmgKxLw

https://vine.co/v/O60dFTqTjYw

Is this what you guys want? Again, we have enough players that can play the build-up game, we need a proven goal-scorer.

I'm sick of watching Hazard, Willian, and Cesc fluff chances. I don't want another added to the team, despite what he may offer in pace.

Now, if were to sell Hazard, I'd be OK with signing Sterling. But both on the same team is just ghastly.

Those are your needs not necessarily the team needs.

And correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Hazard score 19 goals last year?

What I want is balance down both flanks. If you put Hazard's trickery, pace and guile on the right in the form of Sterling it opens up a TON of space in the middle of the pitch for our other players.

Sterling is English too and as Skipper said he's one of the best players in the Prem at 20! Sky is the limit for him...

If we don't sign Arda (which seems highly likely now) then Sterling should be a priority.

Griezmann looks impossible now. Sterling would lock down a position in our AM for a decade or more like Hazard. Could be a part of the "dynasty" that José says he wants. A team that can dominate domestically for the next 10 years.

Those are your needs not necessarily the team needs.

And correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Hazard score 19 goals last year?

What does that even mean? lol. Did you miss the week where 10 men PSG had 1% more possession than us? As soon as Oscar was yellow carded and substituted for Willian, all our control of the game vanished. It's no fun watching Willian and Ramires pass the ball around awfully.

Hazard scored 15 goals in the EPL. Not good enough. He should be comfortably cracking 20 goals with the amount of times he gets in front of goal.

This is what I'm talking about:

http://giant.gfycat.com/MenacingAppropriateAnnelid.gif

He just doesn't have the natural goal-scoring instincts or ability. Right there is where the finishers of this world slot it home, but Hazard passes it up. I have serious doubts he's ever going to get half-way to Messi and Ronaldo numbers.

Hazard should be proof to anyone wanting Sterling that finishing is the most difficult aspect of the game to master. It's why great strikers are so scarce and each one is worth his weight in gold.

Stay far away from Sterling. He has no affinity to scoring and his finishing is miles away from Hazard, who in 3 years since he joined is yet to get significantly better in that department.

Would love to see that list you come up with... just for shits and giggles of course.

Eden Hazard

Sergio Kun Aguero

David Silva

Alexis Sanchez

Diego Costa

Cesc Fabregas

Nemanja Matic

Yaya Toure

Wayne Rooney

Thibaut Courtois/De Gea

That's 10. Have a shit and giggle at that why don't you.

What does that even mean? lol. Did you miss the week where 10 men PSG had 1% more possession than us? As soon as Oscar was yellow carded and substituted for Willian, all our control of the game vanished. It's no fun watching Willian and Ramires pass the ball around awfully.

Hazard scored 15 goals in the EPL. Not good enough. He should be comfortably cracking 20 goals with the amount of times he gets in front of goal.

This is what I'm talking about:

http://giant.gfycat.com/MenacingAppropriateAnnelid.gif

He just doesn't have the natural goal-scoring instincts or ability. Right there is where the finishers of this world slot it home, but Hazard passes it up. I have serious doubts he's ever going to get half-way to Messi and Ronaldo numbers.

Hazard should be proof to anyone wanting Sterling that finishing is the most difficult aspect of the game to master. It's why great strikers are so scarce and each one is worth his weight in gold.

Stay far away from Sterling. He has no affinity to scoring and his finishing is miles away from Hazard, who in 3 years since he joined is yet to get significantly better in that department.

I'll tell you what it means, to your amateur eye you think we need more goals and ball retention based on a game where none of our players performed to their capabilities( a game we drew)

Can you find me another winger who can score 15+ goals a season? You speak of Reus, his best season to date he yielded 18! 15 goals from a player on the wing is fantastic return no matter how many chance you say he "fluffed" LOL. You're embarrassing yourself with that comment dude.

And why do you keep pulling up these random gif's of missed opportunities? We all know Hazard and Sterling can do better but what they are now are EXCEPTIONAL players who most teams would die for! Are you really trying to tell me you think Hazard goal return this season was poor? hahahahahaha

I think we're done here its been fun.

Shocked that he hasn't moved yet. It's clear as day that he's wanted out. They've spent big by their standards and appear to be getting all or most of their signings locked down as to not piss off their fans by selling Sterling without replacements first.

If City are indeed as desperate for him as has been reported what are they waiting for?

Unless multiple clubs are after him and negotiations are ongoing. Chelsea?

Bare in mind though, players are still on vacation. When they're due back I'm sure we'll be seeing way more activity on the Sterling front.

Eden Hazard

Sergio Kun Aguero

David Silva

Alexis Sanchez

Diego Costa

Cesc Fabregas

Nemanja Matic

Yaya Toure

Wayne Rooney

Thibaut Courtois/De Gea

That's 10. Have a shit and giggle at that why don't you.

The fact you included goalies is eye watering. Anyways... if he's not in the top 10 the fact that he's 20 and knocking on the door of these players

Eden Hazard - 24

Sergio Kun Aguero - 27

David Silva - 29

Alexis Sanchez - 26

Diego Costa - 26

Cesc Fabregas - 28

Nemanja Matic - 25

Yaya Toure - 32

Wayne Rooney - 29

Thibaut Courtois/De Gea - LOL

is an incredible feat in the hardest league world football.

I'll tell you what it means, to your amateur eye you think we need more goals and ball retention based on a game where none of our players performed to their capabilities( a game we drew)

Can you find me another winger who can score 15+ goals a season? You speak of Reus, his best season to date he yielded 18! 15 goals from a player on the wing is fantastic return no matter how many chance you say he "fluffed" LOL. You're embarrassing yourself with that comment dude.

And why do you keep pulling up these random gif's of missed opportunities? We all know Hazard and Sterling can do better but what they are now are EXCEPTIONAL players who most teams would die for! Are you really trying to tell me you think Hazard goal return this season was poor? hahahahahaha

I think we're done here its been fun.

Stop trying to belittle, it's not going to work so long as you are spouting vagueness about players not performing to the best and a limited view of what a modern winger should be. Robben gets 20 goals. Ronaldo gets 20+ every season. Hazard is in their category in terms of ability and should be getting 20+.

I never said Hazard goal return was poor. I said he could do far better.

I also said that if we sell Hazard, I'd be OK with Sterling to replace him, but having both Hazard and Sterling is a terrible idea. It's like having a Lampard-Gerrard midfield. It's never going to work.

I'm not pulling random gifs, I'm showing you, with proof, of Hazard's lack of goal scoring instinct/desire. Ronaldo or Messi or Robben, who are at times accused of being selfish, slot that chance home. Hazard doesn't have it in him. He's the best player in the EPL, but there are times where he lets himself down by failing to convert chances. I don't want to have two of those in the starting lineup, especially since Matic and Cesc are not going to score more than 5 goals combined in a season.

We scored 73 goals. The year before 72. City scored 103 the year before and 83 last year, and that was a poor return for them. We lack goal scorers. That should be clear. Sterling isn't that.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You