Petr Cech

eldo

He's so slow at diving to the ground, Courtois would of saved that with ease. Courtois needs to come and at least challenge Cech, he shouldn't automatically be our number 1 goalkeeper now.

Courtois=best in the world at diving saves along with Casillas and Neuer

Not the first time he's looked dodgy this season and it breaks my heart because he was such a giant for us in 2012, but we have a better keeper waiting in the wings now.

Surely there's no question about this now?

Naaa he won us the CL remember, stop being knee jerk? :ph34r:

Not going to blame him for the second or third goal, they were both a combination of errors, terrible defending, and a quality cross. The first goal however underlined Cech's major weakness in that he can't command his area to save his life. Terry had all the time in the world and all he needed was a little shout or Cech to come and claim it. It's not the first time either his lack of presence, or hesitation in the box has cost us goals.

Not the first time he's looked dodgy this season.

I see there is a question being raised already - why is Cech training with his own coach he chose when Silvino Louro, who is considered one of the best GK coaches out there, is in the staff?

Mind you, I'm not saying Cech's problems are Lollichon's fault, but really that's a strange arrangement that kept bothering me since the beginning of the season, and with those small mistakes that cost us dearly this season I keep thinking that some change is needed.

I wouldn't jump onto "Curtois in" bandwagon just yet. It's not that he's blameless in every match and the quality of strikers in Spanish league apart from top teams is rather dire. And Cech is not that old to be written off.

But I'm just wondering if some of the coaching routines should be changed.

this. Courtois has kept Atletico alive single-handedly vs AC milan 1st tie and barca now. It is not the first time Cech has messed up a game with some pretty bad saves but the very first time this happned in a game as big as this. The writing is on the wall. If we replace Cech now, it will be smooth and we will have the chance to build an entire new spine.

You only see the good parts of Courtois but neder the bad parts. It's a damn shame. Cech has been nothing short of heroic. Remember his performance against Bayern in the Super Cup?

Can't blame Cech alone for this defeat as the whole team were just woeful in the second half but I had warned you all earlier this season that his performances were worrying, the warning signs were there in the first half as he came out flapping.

Anything immediately in front of his goal and in the 6 yard box he should act as a battering ram to get the ball if not the ref norm blows for a free kick (second goal conceded) again not only his fault for third but I would expect an amateur to be saving those.

No need for so much knee jerk posts here ,

the guy is a legend was influential in us winning the CL,

we all know he's not what he was but he deserves more respect

2 years ago. It's a long time in football - players lose their quality and need to be replaced. His time has come - Simple as.

Failed to control his box massively last night. His punching was half hearted and was worried about going into a crowd of players. Should never of been beaten for Pastore's goal and for Lavezzi's seemed to dive under it.

It's OK pointing the finger at the defence but Cech was as much at fault as they where.

Need to start raising your game Pete.

Petr Cech is as Chelsea as any player in the squad and (for a goalkeeper anyway) at 31 he's pretty young, he's played 324 games for the club and no one can question that he's managed to consistently prove himself to be one of the top goalkeepers in the league if not the world.

He's had a dip in form recently, if there was ever a time for Thibaut Courtois to make his claim to being out numero uno, he's constantly hailed as one of the best keepers in the world (repeatedly by the big Spanish two who seem to be trying to lure him in), notice what i said, one of the best keepers not just 'best young keepers'

Out with the old in with the new? We all love Petr but if we don't bring Courtois into the fold soon we're going to loose him and i can see us regretting it for a long time

Edit: English Language

Although Cech has earned legendary status at Chelsea, but he now arguably looks past his best, I feel. Perhaps, Courtios should be given a chance to start next season. I know, it sounds a bit harsh, but the young boy ought to be Chelsea´s future, at least I feel that way.

If we try to move Cech out we're bound to get a full blown debate on a Casillas/Lopez scale, that's what I'm afraid of. Cech is a legend, and I don't doubt he's a good and honest guy, but he won't go out without a fight, and even if he will, the fans would be bang against it, at least some of them. It's dividing the fanbase and at least 2 years of "Cech would have saved that" debate, that's what I'm afraid of.

Still the jury on Cech is out now. Noone can live by past glory.

If we try to move Cech out we're bound to get a full blown debate on a Casillas/Lopez scale, that's what I'm afraid of. Cech is a legend, and I don't doubt he's a good and honest guy, but he won't go out without a fight, and even if he will, the fans would be bang against it, at least some of them. It's dividing the fanbase and at least 2 years of "Cech would have saved that" debate, that's what I'm afraid of.

Still the jury on Cech is out now. Noone can live by past glory.

I think most fans agree about the situation, so I really cant see such a big debate going on for 2 years.

cech should of saved those shots yesterday.

Thibaut backline is better than ours, however, thibaut is more active than cech and better...

Maybe we can give them sell Cech to Atletico, since they will need a gk

Cech situation is kind of like if we had Thiago coming in and he was going to replace JT.