Petr Cech

eldo

Cech is still a great GK. Its really difficult to be on top when the rest of the defense is a liability.

Still has at least 4 years as a top GK.

But then, one could also turn around and say, it's difficult for the defence to be on top if the GK is a liability...

Cech is still a great GK. Its really difficult to be on top when the rest of the defense is a liability.

Still has at least 4 years as a top GK.

Only problem is that a world class GK is better than great Gk...the defense that conceded like lowest in the league? Come on dude, so it is either Cech has been that good that he made our crappy defense looks great or it is the other way around.

Just because you have your old Porsche it is still working fine doesn't mean you should not use a gifted Ferrari Enzo for FREE(KEY WORD THERE-HINT). Yes that is the difference between our GK, one is unstoppable, the other just good in the name.

If you want to have a second look at it

David-Luiz-OG-2.gif

Well that angle really doesn't show how low the ball was flying. Alex is always getting to the ball first but he actually misses it completely. Honestly our defenders should always be the ones on the ball first.

Disagree. I've played as a GK at a pretty high level and I'm telling you, the goal is 100% on Cech. If Cech comes out and challenges the ball (which doesn't look that hard when you look at the replay) the goal has been prevented.

Well you must have been some goalkeeper if you think this situation was easy for Cech.

I think his starting position was all wrong. From his starting position, I agree that he could not have gotten to it because it came in too low. Even our defenders positions were all wrong for that goal, imo.

A lot of people seem to forget that. This isn't the first time we've looked shaky on set pieces.

Jose has already shown with Cole and (since we signed Matic) Lampard that sentiments are out off the window here.

I think he will make the change, he possibly hinted about it after the Hull game in January.

Jose has already shown with Cole and (since we signed Matic) Lampard that sentiments are out off the window here.

I think he will make the change, he possibly hinted about it after the Hull game in January.

He's also said on a couple of occasions that Petr "naturally" breaks the EPL record for most CS next season. I wouldn't read too many 'hints' from now. I doubt Jose is even thinking about this matter right now, he's got all summer to figure it out and decide.

‘If he (Courtois) comes back and he’s better than me, credit to him, well done to him, but who knows? I’m not afraid. I’m not a fool to think I’ve been here 10 years and I’ll be here another five, just because.

‘I am not playing because my name is Petr Cech. I’m playing because I’ve been playing well and because the manager thinks it improves the team with me in goal. I’ve never had a manager who would just put me in the goal because everybody was used to seeing me there.

‘Are you good? Are you not? I’m not crazy to think in another 10 years I will just be playing. There will come a day when somebody comes along who is better than me. That’s it. But my everyday fight is to avoid that as long as I can. This is football life. Let’s see.’

Cech also has a contract until 2016. ‘I will see what happens in two years,’ he said. ‘The moment I feel I’m not good enough to compete at the highest level I will stop, no matter if that’s in one year or 10. I’m not giving myself any deadlines. I would like to continue.’

I gave him a rocket last week as well as most, didn't have a lot to do but kept us in it right in the dying embers, great save that should not be forgotten amongst everything else that happened - get in!!!

Still the best in the business for me. Absolutely world class keeper and over the years has surpassed Schmeichel as the greatest keeper in premier league era. How could anyone doubt him after what he's done for us in that CL run in 2012? In the CL final? In the Super Cup even this season? Even Guardiola said "What a keeper" in his post-match presser.

Let's stop pretending that the Neuer's and Courtois' of this world don't make errors. Neuer was average last season and rarely even gets tested in Bundesliga. Courtois, believe it or not makes mistakes too...... Courtois will one day succeed Cech but not yet. Cech is still our number 1.