Petr Cech

eldo

But then, one could also turn around and say, it's difficult for the defence to be on top if the GK is a liability...

I think at this point its clear that Alex, Ricardo Carvalho, Luiz, Ivanovic, Terry or Cahill are less reliable than Cech. In past 10 years all of our CB had bad moments (I'm not talking about one or two mistakes, but about an entire bad season), but Cech has been our most consistent player since I started watching Chelsea's games 10 years ago.

Cech = Legend. Not only a Chelsea legend, but a football living AND playing legend. Few people will argue about that.

More than redeemed himself in my eyes. That save on his near post at the end...

Redeemed...

Cech is our #1 GK for next season, and he did not need to prove he still the one in last match, because he already proved that in last 10 years.

I know we should do everything in our power to keep Courtois, but we can't despise this man.

I guarantee no-one associated with this club would despise Cech. :blink:

It is very easy to go overboard after a strong result and make judgments based solely on that game. We didn't have Matic last night, so is he now not needed? Luiz played well in midfield....should we now not look at midfield options? Ba scored - sorry Diego, we don't need you anymore.

These things have to be looked at in the context of a whole season, and based on that I think most Chelsea fans would say Petr has had a bad season. If Courtois had been at the club this season, I have no doubt he would've got his chance and maybe even supplanted Cech as our number one.

It is very easy to go overboard after a strong result and make judgments based solely on that game..

As easy as going overboard after a bad result and making judgements based solely on that game. (I know you didn't but 90% of our fans did).

Like I said in the other thread about our keeper next season, I expect most people to change their opinion about who should be our keeper next season a few more times between now and June.

As easy as going overboard after a bad result and making judgements based solely on that game. (I know you didn't but 90% of our fans did).

Like I said in the other thread about our keeper next season, I expect most people to change their opinion about who should be our keeper next season a few more times between now and June.

I think the PSG game was perhaps the straw that broke the camel's back to be honest. Maybe it was his highest profile mistake, but the criticisms of him were by no-means unprecedented.

I thought Cech had a good game last night, but didn't do anything you wouldn't expect a top keeper to do. It was just nice to see him decisive at crosses again to be honest.

Some quality saves last night, big strong punches, solid handling and commanded the box brilliantly.

The debate of Cech or Courtois is a double edged sword IMO....But seriously how lucky are we to have such a choice?

Sublime.

My man of the match last night. Couple of vital punches from those last minute PSG corners, and brilliant near post stop as well..meant he more than fully atoned for any perceived lapse in the first leg.

Hes taken for granted - if he' d just signed for us people would be raving and frothing. We are very luckyto have him.

Some quality saves last night, big strong punches, solid handling and commanded the box brilliantly.

The debate of Cech or Courtois is a double edged sword IMO....But seriously how lucky are we to have such a choice?

Sublime.

We have two of the top five goalkeepers in world football. That's a great statistic until you realise you can only play one of them, something has to give!

We have two of the top five goalkeepers in world football. That's a great statistic until you realise you can only play one of them, something has to give!

Or sell them both and play no keeper.....our defence is that good.

:getin: