Petr Cech

eldo

The idea that Courtios should come back to play cup games to 'prove himself' is just hilarious. He's arguably the best keeper in La Liga.

Would be sad to see Cech go, I have so much respect for him but Courtios is just too good to miss out on.

makes sense. also i think this is the most PROBABLE solution for the next season.

for the next season, the scenarios are (in decreasing order of probability)

1. cech no.1, thibaut on loan

2. cech no.1, thibaut no.2

3. thibaut no.1 , cech sold.

but on a personal level,i would want the no.2 to happen.

I would not mind no.2 if Courtois was at the level of Schwarzer or so but the fact that I know he is practically on par with Cech, I would not understand having him on the bench and I don't think it would make Courtois happy at all. It is excellent knowing we have 2 of the best keepers in the Premiership but eventually one of them will have to be sold. If we sell Courtois for around £25-30m it is good business but I do not want that happening but it is realistic if Valdes leaves as he stated for next summer.

I would not mind no.2 if Courtois was at the level of Schwarzer or so but the fact that I know he is practically on par with Cech, I would not understand having him on the bench and I don't think it would make Courtois happy at all. It is excellent knowing we have 2 of the best keepers in the Premiership but eventually one of them will have to be sold. If we sell Courtois for around £25-30m it is good business but I do not want that happening but it is realistic if Valdes leaves as he stated for next summer.

Courtois shouldn't be sold. He's a massive prospect and by making him Chelsea's #1 GK, we wouldn't have to worry about our goalkeeping situation for the next 10 years.

Cech has been a great player for this club..but just like Drogba, he should consider leaving on a high.

Courtois shouldn't be sold. He's a massive prospect and by making him Chelsea's #1 GK, we wouldn't have to worry about our goalkeeping situation for the next 10 years.

Cech has been a great player for this club..but just like Drogba, he should consider leaving on a high.

I hope not but if Cech continues to be the no.1 it might be a possibility as in Cech we still have a keeper if no.1 can continue in that position for the near decade and gaining that money for a keeper who has never played for the club might be a possibility, but I would hate to see it.

if cech goes next season, he would go to a direct competitor like barca or in the worst case united/arsenal.

And if Courtois is sold then the same applies, but lasts a decade longer.

Anyway, I've said my piece. Nothing more to add and honestly wish I hadn't bothered logging on again.

Anyway, I've said my piece. Nothing more to add and honestly wish I hadn't bothered logging on again.

Quite the contrary, I feel. You posted your opinion. Two hours later, nothing has changed here. Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

and only u are thinking that we will sel courtois, have not heard any1 here even speak of it.

u come here, get between a very civilsed argument and then act as a victim saying wish u had not logged in, simply does not make sense.

next time dont reply if u dont wanna argue.

None of us really know how Cech feels about the competition with Courtois, but if it really comes down to sticking with Cech or selling him and replacing him with Courtois, I'd go for the latter option without hesitation. Cech is a proper legend and all but as others have mentioned, Courtois can give us 10-15 years at least (potentially), and Cech has ongoing concerns with his recurring injuries. There's no question in my mind. We can't really be sentimental about it. World-class goalkeepers that can give you that many good years are hard to come by.

courtois WILL NOT BE SOLD. that is a definite.

ITT: people who appear to know Courtois but actually don't (with some exceptions)

It's simple tbh, I'm convinced that the vast majority involved in this discussion don't watch Athletico games at all. If they did, they wouldn't say "he's not quite as good yet", "he'd need to fight for a spot at any club".

The comparisons to De Gea are pointless and futile, he's twice the keeper De Gea is. I challenge you to find a single Athletico fan who rates De Gea over Courtois.

In my opinion, he's as good as any keeper in the world atm, and would walk into any elite club's first team without problems whatsoever.

I wouldn't be against the prospect of him fighting with Petr for the nr1 spot next season, as I honostly think he'd come out the victor pretty quickly.

I'm trying to refrain from commenting on Belgian players lately as it's a trend on this forum to play the 'biased' card at every chance possible but I had to here.

What makes u so sure?

21 year old GK, already would make the top 10-15 TOP gks in the world list. now lets see the GKs we have at the moment

31 year old World Class keeper (the best at the moment)

40 year old on a one year contract

37 year old on a one year contract for the reason which is beyond the understanding of any1.

simply does not make any sense at all to sell a prospect of thibaut's quality when we dont have a long term replacement, does it?

ITT: people who appear to know Courtois but actually don't (with some exceptions)

It's simple tbh, I'm convinced that the vast majority involved in this discussion don't watch Athletico games at all. If they did, they wouldn't say "he's not quite as good yet", "he'd need to fight for a spot at any club".

The comparisons to De Gea are pointless and futile, he's twice the keeper De Gea is. I challenge you to find a single Athletico fan who rates De Gea over Courtois.

In my opinion, he's as good as any keeper in the world atm, and would walk into any elite club's first team without problems whatsoever.

I wouldn't be against the prospect of him fighting with Petr for the nr1 spot next season, as I honostly think he'd come out the victor pretty quickly.

I'm trying to refrain from commenting on Belgian players lately as it's a trend on this forum to play the 'biased' card at every chance possible but I had to here.

I've probably missed less than a dozen Athletico games since he's joined them and no, I don't think he's as good as Cech who I think is currently the best in the world. Like I said, Thibaut will likely come here and challenge Petr for the spot, if he really is better then he should win it i no time. If he isn't then he just needs to keep improving till he is. The comparison with De Gea was just in the situation, not their skill as I clearly stated.

Not necessarily. Coutrois can have the FA and league cup matches which should be about matches plus he can fill in if Cech get injured or needs resting.

Just like it would be crazy to let Courtois go, it would be equally insane to get rid of the best keeper in the world atm.

For god's sake, he's too good to play some FA and league cup matches. You're not talking about 'a promising youngster that might be make it in a couple of years' genre Lukaku. You're talking about a guy who right now is in the top ten/five goalkeepers worldwide. Of course it's not proof, but a good indicator none the less: in Fifa 14, he'll be the 4th best goalkeeper in the game. ;-)

Pretty much echoes my own points.

Courtois is an elite-level keeper. He's a keeper with whom you can compete for titles both domestically and in Europe. The idea of rotating keepers is a silly one in my opinion because that role demands consistency - the defenders need to know instinctively what the guy behind him is going to do.

For god's sake, he's too good to play some FA and league cup matches. You're not talking about 'a promising youngster that might be make it in a couple of years' genre Lukaku. You're talking about a guy who right now is in the top ten/five goalkeepers worldwide. Of course it's not proof, but a good indicator none the less: in Fifa 14, he'll be the 4th best goalkeeper in the game. ;-)

You forgot the one or two CL games he'll get and there's always a chance of an injury to Cech. :rolleyes: