Petr Cech

eldo

I honestly think that was Cech's greatest game for us. Even better than Munich. Okay, we won there of course, but in terms of the number of brilliant saves - that wins. Easily.

EASILY top 5 in the world. Without a doubt.

Easily top two, as far as I'm concerned. Who's better? Neuer is on par - Casillas well below his best - Buffon is on the decline - Lloris is brilliant but not as competent all-round - Hart is over-rated and error-prone - Courtois is close, but again isn't as rounded as Cech in all departments - and there's certainly no-one better in England. Cech - Chelsea's number 1, and the world's number 1 AFAIK. But each to their own!

Easily top two, as far as I'm concerned. Who's better? Neuer is on par - Casillas well below his best - Buffon is on the decline - Lloris is brilliant but not as competent all-round - Hart is over-rated and error-prone - Courtois is close, but again isn't as rounded as Cech in all departments - and there's certainly no-one better in England. Cech - Chelsea's number 1, and the world's number 1 AFAIK. But each to their own!

Well, I think that if you look at the past season or two and now (you have to look at a more stretched period of time to judge a keeper) we got:

Cech

Casillias

Neuer

Buffon

(Joe Hart)

But I do agree with you actually, Cech is easy top 3, maybe top 2 at the moment.

Still the best keeper in the world. If he was a Spaniard and playing for Spain instead of Casillas he'd have won the Best Keeper award every single time in the last 5 years. Makes me sick how much praise goalkeepers like Casillas, Hart and Neuer get and Cech gets no recognition at all from the media and the FIFA.

No kidding. And you don't have to mention about Casillas, Hart or Neuer. Just look at De Gea. Makes one good save and the media creams all over him. Cech has been making great saves like that for ages now but hardly ever get a praise in the media. And the worst part of all is, IF Cech makes a mistake, they'll say 'oh he's not the same as before after that head injury' and uses all those idiotic cliches about him. It's pathetic really.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, some of you may not agree with me.

However, one looks at it, Courtois is the future & it would be a crime not to see him playing for Chelsea, I feel.

Therefore, there are two choices here. Either sell Cech or Courtois. Two of them can not be playing for Chelsea.

Currently, the team is in transition. There are almost 20 players out on loan. Why not bring Courtios in, then ?