Petr Cech

eldo

He won't have a guaranteed start anywhere he goes. Even at Athletico he had to fight for his spot with Asenjo.

PS: Cech is having an incredible game for the NT against Italy atm. Czech leading 1-0 at HT.

I never said any goalie has guaranteed spot. Courtois is almost there though. The most talented goalie around, these days. He won´t join a team just to sit on the bench. According to you, Courtois could play in FA or the other meaningless competitions & share with Cech, I read. Now, that was the funniest piece of work I have read here in a long time.

I never said any goalie has guaranteed spot. Courtois is almost there though. The most talented goalie around, these days. He won´t join a team just to sit on the bench. According to you, Courtois could play in FA or the other meaningless competitions & share with Cech, I read. Now, that was the funniest piece of work I have read here in a long time.

You'd be respected around here - and have your own opinions acknowledged - if you dropped the pretentious bullshit in thinking your point of view is superior to that of anyone else. Completely uncalled for to call someone's opinion "the funniest piece of work" you've read on the forums - why can't you just do what normal people do and say "sorry, I disagree" - you can then put your point across without looking like an infantile, arrogant twat.

cech is the best GK in the world as of this moment. we cant just chuck him out to fenebrache, galatasaray or Trabzonspor. as choulo said, thibaut will have to be the one who ll have to sacrifice first team football for a year, play fa, carling , ucl group stage games and then steadily be made the first GK.

cech is the best GK in the world as of this moment. we cant just chuck him out to fenebrache, galatasaray or Trabzonspor. as choulo said, thibaut will have to be the one who ll have to sacrifice first team football for a year, play fa, carling , ucl group stage games and then steadily be made the first GK.

I think you're right, tbh. Anyone who thinks Courtois will be immediately thrown in as the number 1 is under-rating Cech and then over-rating the young Belgian. He's good, but not world-class; not yet. He definitely will be an incredible player for us in the future. He already is one of the world's top ten goalkeepers. But I think people are getting over-excited when they say he is better than Cech. For my money, only Neuer is on-par with Petr - and with Courtois we're doing the same thing we did with Kakuta and McEachran in thinking he's the best thing since sliced bread. The difference is that Thibaut will be an incredible player. You could argue he already is; however people need to step back and think a little more rationally.

There is a chance he will be promoted to number one next season; because Mourinho will have an issue of having the world's best goalkeeper (Cech) for potentially another 3-4 years, or having someone who can become the world's best goalkeeper and could be our number one for the next ten years. That would be the only reason why Courtois would be favoured, in my opinion; not because he is a better goalkeeper technically. Because, IMO, he isn't. But he can - and probably will - overtake Cech over the next 24 months or so.

You'd be respected around here - and have your own opinions acknowledged - if you dropped the pretentious bullshit in thinking your point of view is superior to that of anyone else. Completely uncalled for to call someone's opinion "the funniest piece of work" you've read on the forums - why can't you just do what normal people do and say "sorry, I disagree" - you can then put your point across without looking like an infantile, arrogant twat.

There is no such a thing as arrogant twat. Try harder. I value my opinion whether someone likes it or not. After all, if you read the other opinions, exactly the same.

Two of them can not play at Chelsea. Whom to move is my question ? To me, Cech should go, Courtois is the future, nothing more, nothing else.

There is no such a thing as arrogant twat. Try harder. I value my opinion whether someone likes it or not. After all, if you read the other opinions, exactly the same.

Valuing your own opinion is kind of standard behaviour, otherwise how are you going to back it up? You should value those of other people as well, instead of laughing them off like you're so superior. No wonder so many people don't like you :lol:

Two of them can not play at Chelsea. Whom to move is my question ? To me, Cech should go, Courtois is the future, nothing more, nothing else.

no one is disagreeing with that. as i said, he ll have to be the no.2 keeper at chelsea for one year (2014-15). cech has a contract till 2016. in that summer, with a year left on his contract, he can be sold (hurts just to say that), or whatever decision has to be taken can be taken.

I think you're right, tbh. Anyone who thinks Courtois will be immediately thrown in as the number 1 is under-rating Cech and then over-rating the young Belgian. He's good, but not world-class; not yet. He definitely will be an incredible player for us in the future. He already is one of the world's top ten goalkeepers. But I think people are getting over-excited when they say he is better than Cech. For my money, only Neuer is on-par with Petr - and with Courtois we're doing the same thing we did with Kakuta and McEachran in thinking he's the best thing since sliced bread. The difference is that Thibaut will be an incredible player. You could argue he already is; however people need to step back and think a little more rationally.

There is a chance he will be promoted to number one next season; because Mourinho will have an issue of having the world's best goalkeeper (Cech) for potentially another 3-4 years, or having someone who can become the world's best goalkeeper and could be our number one for the next ten years. That would be the only reason why Courtois would be favoured, in my opinion; not because he is a better goalkeeper technically. Because, IMO, he isn't. But he can - and probably will - overtake Cech over the next 24 months or so.

spot on. i feel both of them will be here next season and then adios cech.

I don't remember much of Cudicini's form when Cech joined us, but wasn't Mourinho in a similar position back then? I mean, I'm not saying Fabio was what Petr is now because even though I don't remember much I remember enough to know he wasn't at the same level Petr continues to be.

Courtois just gave a very levelheaded interview to FourFourTwo where he stated two important things imo:

1) he didn't want to risk losing his position to Mignolet in Belgium NT, especially not in the WC - but he also said he'd be willing to take them from next season on

2) he said he isn't afraid of Cech - or anyone else's - competition and that he can fight for the position with anyone. So he's willing to fight for the position, he isn't demanding to be #1

Taking into account both things I'd say bring him next season and may the best man win. If that's still Cech, so be it, if that's Thibaut, good for him.

He used both examples - Mourinho with Diego Lopéz and Iker Castillas, and Cech and Cudicini.

I just don't think we'll rotate goalies. It's never a good thing to have a goalie out of practice.

I hope it's a smooth transition, but I have no doubts Mourinho will give the position to the best man. And that man may be Cech and Courtois said he's willing to take risks (being benched) and that he's ready to fight for the position. So I guess it only benefits us.

And I wouldn't be so fast on writing Cech off. Not at all.

Valuing your own opinion is kind of standard behaviour, otherwise how are you going to back it up? You should value those of other people as well, instead of laughing them off like you're so superior. No wonder so many people don't like you :lol:

Am I here for popularity contest ? No, I am not. If I were to call you an arrogant twat, most likely you would have banned me. A double standard here ?

Also, what makes you feel, I do not value other opinions ?

My opinion on Chelsea´s goalie still remains the same. Courtois should be No. 1. That´s Chelsea´s future.

no one is disagreeing with that. as i said, he ll have to be the no.2 keeper at chelsea for one year (2014-15). cech has a contract till 2016. in that summer, with a year left on his contract, he can be sold (hurts just to say that), or whatever decision has to be taken can be taken.

spot on. i feel both of them will be here next season and then adios cech.

Courtois will not come to sit on the bench as No 2. He has plenty of options, offered.

Courtois will not come to sit on the bench as No 2. He has plenty of options, offered.

i am sure mourinho and the board would not just drop cech to the bench or sell him after such world class performances match after match. the decision will be upto thibaut to be no.2 for a season for one of the biggest clubs in europe so as to get some playing experience in PL, getting settled, get acclimatized and from then on be the no.1 GK of chelsea for a very very long time.

i am sure mourinho and the board would not just drop cech to the bench or sell him after such world class performances match after match. the decision will be upto thibaut to be no.2 for a season for one of the biggest clubs in europe so as to get some playing experience in PL, getting settled, get acclimatized and from then on be the no.1 GK of chelsea for a very very long time.

How does Courtois go from being one of the best goalkeepers in Europe, playing week-in and week-out to being the bench option for a season with just FA Cup games to look forward to?

We either sell him, hope Cech lasts 5 more years and that we acquire another talent as good as Courtois (because they grow on trees) in that time whom we can loan in such a spectacular fashion as we did Courtois....Or we sell Cech and place our faith in a young man who has been nothing short of spectacular and could be our number one for 15 years.

It's not an easy decision, but the risks involved with selling off Courtois far outweigh those of letting Cech leave.

Can we win the league with Courtois? I think so.

Can we win the CL with Courtois? I think so.

Can we definitely get a keeper of his calibre, age and experience before Cech moves on? Perhaps....but bigger clubs than us have tried and failed to do the same.

But the problem is, Courtois is fully established as one of the best keepers around at 21 and on current form is the best keeper in Spain, bringing him back to play what would effectively be the Cudicini (of Mourinho's last spell) role is not an option now, neither is a loan to a midtable PL club, which was initially the plan.

So was De Gea when United bought him and I bet they wish they had an experienced world-class keeper along with him these past two seasons. I'm not comparing the two keepers, just the uncertainty of the situation.

Courtois is not the most talented keeper around, he's the keeper with the most potential. Anywhere he'll go he'll have to fight for his stop. I think he'll come here next season and we won't sell Petr. He'll get a lot of chances and if he's really as good as or better than Cech, he'll win the starting spot and we'll probably sell Petr at the end of the season. If he isn't and Petr remains first-choice, we''l keep them both until Thibaut becomes ready to be a starter.

So was De Gea when United bought him and I bet they wish they had an experienced world-class keeper along with him these past two seasons. I'm not comparing the two keepers, just the uncertainty of the situation.

Courtois is better than De Gea, and United are the Champions of England. He didn't cost them points and having stuck with him they have an established number one.

Ask United if they wished they'd had a replacement for Schmeichel - how many years did it take them to replace him adequately?

Courtois is not the most talented keeper around, he's the keeper with the most potential. Anywhere he'll go he'll have to fight for his stop. I think he'll come here next season and we won't sell Petr. He'll get a lot of chances and if he's really as good as or better than Cech, he'll win the starting spot and we'll probably sell Petr at the end of the season. If he isn't and Petr remains first-choice, we''l keep them both until Thibaut becomes ready to be a starter.

Courtois is massively talented - we shouldn't refer jus to his potential. Right now he is probably an elite-level keeper.

Explain to me how he wins a spot without us rotating between matches? FA Cup games? What does he do up until January?

League cup games against inferior opposition? CL dead rubbers?

He isn't a striker who can come off the bench and score a goal then start the next game. That's just not how goalkeepers exist. You make a choice and let them build a relationship with the team. Any decision has to be swift and decisive.

How does Courtois go from being one of the best goalkeepers in Europe, playing week-in and week-out to being the bench option for a season with just FA Cup games to look forward to?

We either sell him, hope Cech lasts 5 more years and that we acquire another talent as good as Courtois (because they grow on trees) in that time whom we can loan in such a spectacular fashion as we did Courtois....Or we sell Cech and place our faith in a young man who has been nothing short of spectacular and could be our number one for 15 years.

It's not an easy decision, but the risks involved with selling off Courtois far outweigh those of letting Cech leave.

Can we win the league with Courtois? I think so.

Can we win the CL with Courtois? I think so.

Can we definitely get a keeper of his calibre, age and experience before Cech moves on? Perhaps....but bigger clubs than us have tried and failed to do the same.

that is the main point. look at de gea. he was supposed to be a beast when united bought him but his first season or rather the first half of the season was laughable. courtouis is 21 right now. i dont see any reason why playing 20 games in a season as a no.2 GK for chelsea will a step backward in his development. infact he will be breaking into the team steadily, will have more time to adjust, less pressure to deal with.

there is no need to be hasty with the courtouis issue. time IS on his side. but as i said before, the decision will be his. but i am thinking what would be the most ideal thing for the club.