Petr Cech

eldo

well he is a better goalkeeper than me.

You have the potential to be nearly as good as him young David, as long as you stop stealing donuts.

Also see that Diame goal, did anyone else expect Ivanovic to just put his leg up rather than close the ball down? He closes that ball down it hits him and goes out for a throw in but no instead he just put his foot up like a pansy scared of the ball (you wouldn't think Branislav Ivanovic would be scared of the ball hitting him either). If that was JT, Luiz or even Cahill they would closed the space down. Not blaming him entirely but he could have prevented it closing Diame's shot down.

Courtois said himself he would be happy to go out on loan but I just wonder how long he will start to get fed up of going on loan which I think he might well do. It might come to a case similar to the one at City where Hart returned from a brilliant loan at Birmingham back to his parent club City and competed with Given for the no.1 jersey and everyone thought Given would edge him out but Hart won the battle and has shown himself to be one of the bets keepers around. Maybe Courtois and Cech will do the same thing because Cech can realistically go another decade playing in goal for us

If Courtois comes back and shows performances like Hart did, then he deserves to get the spot in our goal and I'm fine with it. Otherwise, I don't see a realistic chance for him in the next 2-3 years except Cech would get injured or something.

If Courtois comes back and shows performances like Hart did, then he deserves to get the spot in our goal and I'm fine with it. Otherwise, I don't see a realistic chance for him in the next 2-3 years except Cech would get injured or something.

How does Courtois get chances though? He's already a Europa League winning keeper let's not forget.

If there's no chance for him in the next 2-3 years, isn't there a danger we lose him?

He'd have to show a BETTER performance than Cech, not a performance like Hart. A performance like Hart won't get him the No. 1 jersey in front of Cech. Harts a good keeper, Cech on the otherhand has sooo much more class in goal

I got a little misunderstood there. I didn't mean that Hart was a better keeper than Cech, he'll never be! But I meant the performance of heart in comparison with Given's performance back then. Hart just waited for his chance and when it came, he used it, that's what I meant, sorry again.

How does Courtois get chances though? He's already a Europa League winning keeper let's not forget.

If there's no chance for him in the next 2-3 years, isn't there a danger we lose him?

I think he knows that it'll be difficult to get the keeper's spot at Chelsea as long as Petr is here, but he did that back when he signed the contract here. I think this boy has an aim and the ability and the talent to achieve it, if he's patient. If the time has come when we don't loan him at the beginning of the season, he'll get his chances for sure. He can play F.A. Cup, COC matches and so on. We have the room in our game schedule for that. There is a danger to loose him, as long as he doesn't get his chances, the officials need to be aware of that. He's got a contract until 2016 which is a lot of time and many things can happen. We have to watch him develop more and more and if there's an offer for him of another club the board has to make the decision. And that pretty much depends on Petr's performances in the future.

I don't think you worry about that. You can't make someone the starter over a better player just because you're afraid of losing him. If Cortouis is happy at Athletico, we can keep him there for years for all I care.

The pair have gone missing several times in recent games...Like for Vidal's goal in Juve's 3-0 win....I don't know if its because of fatigue, but its something that has been plaguing the team this season.

And yeah, it was awkward seeing Cole all over Ivanovic for that goal...

Not wanting to go off topic here but we have conceded many goals like that this season already. The opposition get out wide and/or cut inside, cuts the ball back and bam, GOAL! Van Persie, Willian, Vidal, Diame etc. Mikel and/or Ramires either go missing when the cut back happens or they ran too deep already that when it happens, they don't have time to prevent the opposition player to have a clear shot at goal!

Not wanting to go off topic here but we have conceded many goals like that this season already. The opposition get out wide and/or cut inside, cuts the ball back and bam, GOAL! Van Persie, Willian, Vidal, Diame etc. Mikel and/or Ramires either go missing when the cut back happens or they ran too deep already that when it happens, they don't have time to prevent the opposition player to have a clear shot at goal!

Going off-topic as well, but yeah there should be more coordination between Ramires and Mikel. Probably have one of them chase down an attacker inside the box, while the other stays outside to guard against marauding midfielders. Its one of the things that irritates me when watching the games...like for example when Torres comes way too deep to collect the ball (What the hell is he going to do there?)...Those are some of the things that make me wonder whether our managers actually pay attention to our gameplay..

Replacing Petr Cech is going to be harder than replacing even Drogba or Lampard. You might think it's easier just to swap in another goalkeeper, but this man is an absolute God. Look at the amount of times he's saved our hides from conceding, or from conceding eight or nine a game in some matches.

I don't believe we have any position's currently where we have the best player in the world in, apart from in goal.

Yes i do believe Cech is that good, no keeper could have resisted the way he did in Munich, barrage after barrage of shots were heading towards his goal but he kept keeping them out, he was the difference between Drogba winning the final and Drogba tossing away yet another CL final, something the Ivorian acknowledged himself on that sky sports programme in Didier's words Petr "saved his night".

According to a belgian newspaper, Anzhi should be ready to transfer cech in january and Courtois could come back (reason why he did not play the european games this year, he is not cup tied).

(the source is in french, so google translate it) http://www.rtbf.be/s...lsea?id=7888697

a spanish source http://www.todomercadoweb.es/?action=read&id=28198

Peter cech saved a record equalling penalty against nordsjaelland, excluding shootouts.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3003570/title/spot-on-petr

#LEGEND CECH

:worship:

According to a belgian newspaper, Anzhi should be ready to transfer cech in january and Courtois could come back (reason why he did not play the european games this year, he is not cup tied).

(the source is in french, so google translate it) http://www.rtbf.be/s...lsea?id=7888697

a spanish source http://www.todomercadoweb.es/?action=read&id=28198

First ashley cole and lamps, now peter cech. Did our board smoke weed or something?

Peter cech saved a record equalling penalty against nordsjaelland, excluding shootouts.

http://www.chelseafc...le/spot-on-petr

#LEGEND CECH

:worship:

First ashley cole and lamps, now peter cech. Did our board smoke weed or something?

That's bullshit.

Petr Cech is a world-class goalkeeper, he's not leaving Chelsea.

Maybe Atletico don't use Courtois in Europe because they want to keep their #2 goalkeeper match fit?