Petr Cech

eldo

name 3 of them you think are better than Cech, excluding Hart

Casillas, Neuer and Buffon

Neuer is a great goal keeper, especially for his age too, Casillas despite decreasing is still a top goal keeper for me. And Buffon still marvelous, i think they are better than Cech.

Don't be so ignorant towards people then.

Ignorant? I just said i am not in a mood to discuss chill out yo. And is it wrong to say my opinion saying that i would have Cech over Hart,Buffon and Neuer? Is that ignorant? tell me. Please tell me because i really am in a mood to discuss now. Wow you just blew my mind with that comment lol, that comment literally makes no sense at all congrats.

Casillas, Neuer and Buffon

Neuer is a great goal keeper, especially for his age too, Casillas despite decreasing is still a top goal keeper for me. And Buffon still marvelous, i think they are better than Cech.

Neur still lacks a lot of experience. He will definitely be the best in the world some day, but if you watch Bayern in the Bundes Liga you'll see the mistakes that he makes are often amateur mistakes.

Casillas is one of the world's best shot-stoppers but he has never been, imo, one of the best keepers in the world. I mean that his reflexes are probably second to none, but his positioning has always been poor as well as his decision making. He isn't the best in the air either.

As for Buffon, he was the best a few years back, there is no doubt in it, but last year he truly was not tested very much due to Juve's solid defense. In addition, the season before that he was out for for a long time because of injuries. He still has his moments of brilliance, but I'm not sure he is still in the top 3 keepers in the world, and this coming from a Juve fan.

In terms of consistent world-class performances, in terms of big saves in big games, in terms of importance to the team, there is no doubt in my mind that Cech was the best keeper in the world last season.

IMO Hart cannot yet be considered amongst the best in the world, as can't Neuer until they've proven themselves at the highest level for a sustained period of time.

Buffon and Casillas have both been instrumental in their countries winning top honours, and Cech's performances in the FA Cup final (Carroll save) and his heroics in the Champions League final set all three out away from the rest.

Hart needs at least another 2 or 3 seasons of success at City and Neuer likewise before being included in the very top bracket of keepers.

Consistency is vital for any top keeper which all of the above possess but making the difference in the big games that helps win your team trophies is what sets the very best out from the rest.

No one could resist the way Cech did in Barca or Munich.

Cech's a hero and insanely under-rated, even by most of his own fans.

I know he was on magnificent form then, and we wouldn't be Champions if it wern't for him. But he isn't the best keeper in the world for me, that's my opinion. I don't think it's right that he should have to be the best keeper in the world because of that. Many keepers have had glorious moments, but as for most consistent i wouldn't give it to Cech. He was poor start of this season, very poor in euro's, extremely poor first half of last season.

Underrated keeper definitely, but not by our own fans.

I know he was on magnificent form then, and we wouldn't be Champions if it wern't for him. But he isn't the best keeper in the world for me, that's my opinion. I don't think it's right that he should have to be the best keeper in the world because of that. Many keepers have had glorious moments, but as for most consistent i wouldn't give it to Cech. He was poor start of this season, very poor in euro's, extremely poor first half of last season.

Underrated keeper definitely, but not by our own fans.

Its not just those two games tho, he had a blip under Scolari and AVB but our defense's in both era's hardly help.

fair enough if its your opinion, i disagree tho, what i wish is he never got that injury in the first place, his potential to be the Messi of between the sticks was gone in that moment and since then he has been 'just' world class. Infact it was that moment that let United in again, how many points did Hilario lose us when he was out?

Its not just those two games tho, he had a blip under Scolari and AVB but our defense's in both era's hardly help.

fair enough if its your opinion, i disagree tho, what i wish is he never got that injury in the first place, his potential to be the Messi of between the sticks was gone in that moment and since then he has been 'just' world class. Infact it was that moment that let United in again, how many points did Hilario lose us when he was out?

Can't disagree with that one, sometimes along the seasons he didn't look brave enough to even jump out. He has done recently though fair play to him, took one against Yakubu and Ashley Cole last season, which was brilliant, usually jumps out for them straight away now.

• 2 weeks later...

Forget any outfield player we have, forget Falcao or anyone who we may sign in the future. Cech is our most important player we have got, by an absolute country mile the best keeper on this planet.