Petr Cech

eldo

Cech has been brilliant all season, so far. I can count on one hand the amount of mistakes he has made, and only one has led to a goal (Guthrie's goal for Reading). There is very little he could have done about any other goal he has conceded this season, for my money.

He also has the highest saves-to-shots ratio (87%) of any goalkeeper to have faced more than 20 efforts in Europe's top 5 leagues (EPL, Serie A, Bundesliga, la Liga, Ligue Un).

Cech has been brilliant all season, so far. I can count on one hand the amount of mistakes he has made, and only one has led to a goal (Guthrie's goal for Reading). There is very little he could have done about any other goal he has conceded this season, for my money.

He also has the highest saves-to-shots ratio (87%) of any goalkeeper to have faced more than 20 efforts in Europe's top 5 leagues (EPL, Serie A, Bundesliga, la Liga, Ligue Un).

The first half of last year he looked like he was declining (but didn't most of our team under AVB?) and you are right. He's been a beast this year.

Petr's words on the Man United game -

'When it was 2-2, it looked like we were going to win the game, not them.'

'We were the better team but what happened then, that's something I can't comment on. We are not allowed to talk about referees and to talk about controversial moments that happened during the game. Therefore there is nothing else to say, because the rest of the game was all about those moments.'

Casillas, Neuer and Buffon

Neuer is a great goal keeper, especially for his age too, Casillas despite decreasing is still a top goal keeper for me. And Buffon still marvelous, i think they are better than Cech.

Amen. Blue tinted glasses on some people here. Cech is still great but not among the truly top anymore IMO.

Amen. Blue tinted glasses on some people here. Cech is still great but not among the truly top anymore IMO.

Aye i agree, despite his world class performances in Champions League, you cannot forget the amount of faults and bad games he had during the first half of that season. Yes AVB was manager, but really that Arsenal game was pathetic, did he even make one save that match?, any shot from Arsenal just went in, Andre Santos and Theo Walcott wont get any easier goals in there lives.

Then there was that time when he cost us a goal 3 times in a row, with Spurs, Fulham and i can't remember the other one.

I still feel he makes mistakes frequently even now but he also makes some world class saves too. thankfully his mistakes are not costing us, at the moment which is why they are not really picked up on of course.

Well, Neuer made bundles of mistakes last season and cost Bayern dearly. Cech had his few errors but this season has been fantastic and even when Cech has made his errors, he cancels that out with some of the key saves he made last season. His performance against Barcelona and Bayern was astonishing and one of the main reasons why we won the Champions League trophy. Brilliant keeper!

Well, Neuer made bundles of mistakes last season and cost Bayern dearly. Cech had his few errors but this season has been fantastic and even when Cech has made his errors, he cancels that out with some of the key saves he made last season. His performance against Barcelona and Bayern was astonishing and one of the main reasons why we won the Champions League trophy. Brilliant keeper!

Indeed. People overreact when he makes a mistake and then downplay and take him for granted when he makes a great save as they always choose to focus on the negatives than positives.